Before 10:30? Cape Liberty

kmeeker

To be sure, I was just looking at the 'Port' site for a sailing next year and it does not open until 10.30a, often times that is the time they open and is independent of X.

I may be forced to drive up to Bayonne to find out how far it is from the city of Bayonne to the port. You may want to have some contingent plan to spend time in town having breakfast, if you are arriving really early.

Hoping someone who has experienced this several times can provide some great input.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
wording

If we arrive prior to 10:30, is there a place to get in ? We are ahead of schedule... unsure what to do is we get there far too early

We always arrive at the port in Bayonne at 9:30 to avoid all of the crazy traffic. There is a lot of road construction in this area right now. We turn over our luggage to the porters, check in, and sit in the "holding tank...lol" and just relax until they start the boarding process (which is usually about 11am).

Edited by champagne123

To be sure, I was just looking at the 'Port' site for a sailing next year and it does not open until 10.30a, often times that is the time they open and is independent of X.

I may be forced to drive up to Bayonne to find out how far it is from the city of Bayonne to the port. You may want to have some contingent plan to spend time in town having breakfast, if you are arriving really early.

Hoping someone who has experienced this several times can provide some great input.

bon voyage

Five to ten minutes from the Turnpike exit, really easy except there can be traffic problems due to construction.

• 11 months later...

What is the current situation? We will board the Summit on October 7 and we will be the night before at a hotel in the south of Manhattan, my plan is to ask for a UBER as at 10:00AM or should I leave earlier?

Construction activity is nearly done. If you are departing on a weekend, traffic shouldn't be an issue. We are departing cape liberty on a weekday, so I am planning to arrive well after the AM rush hour. Arriving too early, you also may get mixed in with the departing passengers. Today, the summit did not tie up until around 8:20 due to marine traffic leaving and arriving in MOT channel.

Besides taking a look at the teardrop memorial, there is nothing to do within a few miles of the port.

Besides taking a look at the teardrop memorial, there is nothing to do within a few miles of the port.

The memorial is very interesting, a gift from Mr Putin and Russia.

There is a shopping center a mile away.

We always arrive at the port in Bayonne at 9:30 to avoid all of the crazy traffic. There is a lot of road construction in this area right now. We turn over our luggage to the porters, check in, and sit in the "holding tank...lol" and just relax until they start the boarding process (which is usually about 11am).

Us too!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The new ramp when you get off the turnpike is now open so it is very easy to get into the port. The strip mall with Lowes and Walmart also has a nice

NAil Salon ,Bagel shop and other food venues.

There's a shopping mall around 1/4 mile before you reach the Lowes & Walmart. They have a huge Stop & Shop, and Wine Warehouse if you need to get your wine before boarding. Here's a map to help you with directions. I would get there at 10:30 to get a parking spot. Anthem has a 9-night cruise to Canada/New England that starts on 4 October, so the garage might be pretty full for the Summit cruise on the 7th.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cape+Liberty+Cruise+Port,+Port+Terminal+Boulevard,+Bayonne,+NJ/Stop+%26+Shop,+1+Lefante+Way,+Bayonne,+NJ+07002/Wine+Warehouse,+Lefante+Way,+Bayonne,+NJ/Lowe's+Home+Improvement,+Bayonne+Crossing+Way,+Bayonne,+NJ/Walmart+Supercenter,+Bayonne+Crossing+Way,+Bayonne,+NJ/@40.6673274,-74.1011179,15z/data=!3m1!5s0x89c251e5d41cfcdd:0xad0170a7629d8500!4m32!4m31!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c25036a072a74d:0xf88fd20c29c0071f!2m2!1d-74.0725745!2d40.6648735!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c251dd55b6d56b:0x8d10bc9bae445849!2m2!1d-74.1038507!2d40.6668375!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c251dd19473501:0x96f1a161548579de!2m2!1d-74.1047576!2d40.6666106!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c251fb50df3a61:0x9b790e6a62884835!2m2!1d-74.105671!2d40.661342!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c251e68fdbe6ef:0x7bb765fabc857f92!2m2!1d-74.1066562!2d40.6598835!3e0

Anthem has a 9-night cruise to Canada/New England that starts on 4 October, so the garage might be pretty full for the Summit cruise on the 7th.

There are 3 ships sailing from Bayonne May - October. Anthem, Adventure and Summit. Cape Liberty has decided that all Summit cruises will use the outside (horrible condition) parking lot across from the cruise terminal. Not sure how or why they decided to boot the Summit cruisers since Summit has been sailing out of there for years, but that's what we were told when we sailed May 13-20 and had to park outside across from Bayonne Dry Dock and STILL pay $20 a day.

There are 3 ships sailing from Bayonne May - October. Anthem, Adventure and Summit. Cape Liberty has decided that all Summit cruises will use the outside (horrible condition) parking lot across from the cruise terminal. Not sure how or why they decided to boot the Summit cruisers since Summit has been sailing out of there for years, but that's what we were told when we sailed May 13-20 and had to park outside across from Bayonne Dry Dock and STILL pay $20 a day.

That's where I got the over spray of paint on my car in one of those outside lots from the Bayonne Dry Dock back in 2006, way before they built the garage and new terminal.

There is an outside overflow lot behind the garage away from the Bayonne Dry Dock area. I wonder if that's the lot they use? I won't have to worry about it this year as I will be taking an Uber to/from the port. Staying with relatives in NJ. Gotta be cheaper than their $20 a day parking.

That's where I got the over spray of paint on my car in one of those outside lots from the Bayonne Dry Dock back in 2006, way before they built the garage and new terminal.

There is an outside overflow lot behind the garage away from the Bayonne Dry Dock area. I wonder if that's the lot they use?

No they are using the lot that is right across from Bayonne Dry Dock up front near the terminal. We had to park there May 13-20 and it rained all week and we came back to small ponds in that parking lot because of all the pot holes, ditches and poor drainage. Our car was also damaged in 2009. I remember you providing me with Kevin Sullivan's name and number from Bayonne Dry Dock.

Thank you so much for the heads up on the parking situation.

I'm looking at a stay/park/cruise company that offers three options for hotels with parking and transportation to the port:

Ramada Plaza

Crowne Plaza and

Holiday Inn

Which hotel would you suggest

I'm looking at a stay/park/cruise company that offers three options for hotels with parking and transportation to the port:

Ramada Plaza

Crowne Plaza and

Holiday Inn

Everything you ever wanted to know about hotels, transportation, etc. regarding Cape Liberty is in this thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2163707

Ramada Plaza

Crowne Plaza and

Holiday Inn

Will you be on the June 27th cruise? Hope to see you.

Anyone familiar with this place? If we are forced to park outdoors this is cheaper and we won’t have to walk outdoors to whatever lot they have us use. https://www.bayonnecruiseparking.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw3v3YBRCOARIsAPkLbK67ijtdV3wrZS_rgDra-QqUEcN6-ET0Yqyxww018amrkXohstmauiIaAreBEALw_wcB

Anyone familiar with this place? If we are forced to park outdoors this is cheaper and we won’t have to walk outdoors to whatever lot they have us use. https://www.bayonnecruiseparking.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw3v3YBRCOARIsAPkLbK67ijtdV3wrZS_rgDra-QqUEcN6-ET0Yqyxww018amrkXohstmauiIaAreBEALw_wcB

Do they still have that lot? I read a while back it was discontinued. It was cheaper if you didn't mind waiting for the shuttle that goes back & forth.

Yes, it looks like it's different from the one that closed down, seeing where this one is located.

Do they still have that lot? I read a while back it was discontinued. It was cheaper if you didn't mind waiting for the shuttle that goes back & forth.

It's been re-branded, not sure if it's new owners or what. But the new web-site looks much better. From what I have read their lot is not much better than the cruise lot except it's away from Bayonne Dry Dock.

Yes, it looks like it's different from the one that closed down, seeing where this one is located.

It seems very close on Hook Rd where you drive into the port.

It seems very close on Hook Rd where you drive into the port.

Yes, very close to the ENTRANCE to Cape Liberty. But the ship is 2 miles down the peninsula. This puts the lot 3.5 miles from the ship. Also, the price quoted is $13.99 PLUS tax and fees. What are the fees?