How do you upload pictures to Cruise Critic?

C 2 C

I've been using Photobucket for years to share my pictures and charts on Cruise Critic.

Photobucket just cut the links and wants me to pay $400 per year.

I can understand that they don't want people to use their services without payment but unless someone want to send me a check, my picture posting days are over. (except on a nameless site where I can load pictures directly)

There are other hosting sites available but which ones do you use that are easy to use and don't charge a fee?

Edited by Arno.
Spelling

I've been using Photobucket for years to share my pictures and charts on Cruise Critic.

I can understand that they don't want people to use their services without payment but unless someone want to send me a check, my picture posting days are over. (except on a nameless site where I can load pictures directly)

There are other hosting sites available but which ones do you use that are easy to use and don't charge a fee?

There are a couple of threads on this. Check out the digital photography board.

Obviously we will need another site. I believe the general consensus is that a lot of people are going over to Shutterfly. I have used PB for all of my stuff here, but I also have a Shutterfly account that I use for a lot of other stuff. Shutterfly works just as well as PB for posting to CC.

I too am having to move over and use my Shutterfly account. After loading pictures there, it is actually easier to post them here than PB. You just copy and paste the image, no copy and paste url. EM

I post a few photos now and then from my tablet/ phone/ computer gallery.( I am lo tech)

I click on the "paperclip" just over from the smiley on the bar above...then follow steps to upload..

The huge downside is file size limitations to post like this on CC,,..often I have to reduce my file size on my device and sometimes it can't be done..

This would never work for a live from thread or a review with extensive photos but works fine for every so often,,,..otherwise Shutterfly acct seems like a good suggestion,

I don't post pictures too often on here but when I do I have found it easier to use TapaTalk. I don't like using that app for regular browsing but when I want or need to load a picture I will use it.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

What about google photos or google drive. I believe on drive you could make an entire folder of images shareable so any one with a link can see the image. Also Flickr you can make all images public

open?id=1a9szEPMBdYJIXGACRZv8tX1pBYYhTJdMPg

dateposted-public red tailed hawk_1

open?id=1a9szEPMBdYJIXGACRZv8tX1pBYYhTJdMPg

You can do spread sheets and add photos in "Google Sheets" and share with anyone on the internet

I found it was the easiest to use the app. It is just like sending a picture in a text message. Also if you are like me all the pictures I want to share are in my phone any wayffc1a47709f5c8f0c29adad7862e82da.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Forums mobile app

All of my phone photos end up in Google Photos. If you have the image in an Album you have set to share, you can right click and "open in new window" (on a PC anyway). Then right click on it again and "copy image URL". That URL seems to work.

F7rdUqTyl-4Byj6JkhMoYZgilrYAFBSpyo_3hO8Grf9Rl7XOlv2Iiq5KXVcccN7jCKF3kh-0ENgE3adetbZF_jAz9wYK8O73-nm3oUdFW3CXR-GVYp3DkPHtupHr2jL_R8a5HTWNR2DQrEJo-bHHci_Pt-UGDL57JwQpegCQOuvQEKNyF29Q8LcB_hZjNEPhAppouZ22G1y9fArWkhnsBUNQRj_H9J8iWtXoP_noyl4egLp2vVu2WldKJdyEocvaKtDxE0-z-53vqyEB6gcGaFqQY3xVUNVyaL_J8mgz48yMJ2s2patnLLzRLhQKDfKN3ipNVP2F3s2dpT9gnb_fjZnpSZWQie9Eve_hNXSrDyPdw2lYXetLpk2eb4Iuw5yJCRmz9aEKozawsWe140BxiqjpjIj3OB3GL9ranKHIGP2PZjyTCJJilFiuFE4m8tHFTlojMHN9KyuzfSbnwMJ2xBGq_di4uaYTBa-CgTz6KXlqwBuh-gwlAKeGOlQiVTgqJupJZHXfvgHHG2Sk9iCJwUaDahXqmcK_idXNdy6ziQG-3V5HhxY_rY9njTTJadZi6JOBOIU3zBI5RWgfCH3DyGnZRk1hAgZC3fxoZWPgQiWNECWwlqPsc3-vLNGBBr5-miibBePqkKstcWqbQE_PcjTbrG6Haj000BBG63V-9Ar9Bw=w490-h870-no

Trying again in edit mode:

0BJFV1gRkV_HHBs4rgfUpCptfJaimi9ki-Z-LrEPgCi7TSdTezUtXkM1RhmOMKdiMj0Bn4fojP1VvnLl84332Yhv-bCb0iOPyCJDTVkUNCHzvrryTbqk5x0VVPQ4n-YT34HlEa5SNe_eQwkp9nFu-OmypX_gjuYdEqSqv_NkPKDvuNTGgrOx4moJlA5uRywGgWfFuNS4OiYAtuDC2sGJ1T1ALpbL8PaD-J8rw0oK3vyYdvQjKRccaPqRKFmNmoj3Vhszjsb3Fq1hXtJYkb70s3gDNu41svVOvfdOVVq7__ZyfGj0ShemqGLrIzcx6yWvzpuNS8JyTx0e6Ju4cz5dzHXIQN3b2sA8OhNjgxvMBz3atN8NhKwtD-Kha-Dj7sN9Cf-F3F_Yq_PwRBxzq7-0vg5H5WYZwj6SI-z1bRAk7ZYeC2YL5PPKY2-na6RChufKsB6wwwdgcdIsYjAXvzYLL8zgtuaYRfD63g8BOURJnlEv4CcsDodUMdpoMPhHcjAeGDPqh3uV3WeDPa0o0kHbsvz3nv5T75f7yi25GlIq5Vn4JjPrwZhNZwDeQc5WPw-ws35isgGYDzcDqPp3iTqbFjDFQdi-HGUhv4LigbFeURKpT0o66rTTgotF0cTUTHtvD3YSuzuLWX1ALA8EcA9oJyjLJUdrwzuz1RJlha4tHX6UjQ=w1544-h869-no

Edited by fshagan
Looks like it worked.

If you're on an iPad or phone, it's really easy and you don't have to mess with PhotoBucket Or other third parties. Download the tapatalk Cruise Critic forums app. Click on the image icon at the bottom of the reply screen. It looks like a rectangle with two triangles inside. It will take you to your photos on your device. Select the photo and it will upload to the tapatalk site.

You will see the URL text displayed on your screen and when you hit reply the image will show up.

dc66340e7a89076a93bfd7e3a480b8be.jpg

JoAnn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This happened to me also. I had the pics "blocked" on my review of our transatlantic. So I paid them $59.99. They put my pics back, then sent me a message saying "oops you bought the wrong package". They said I had to pay $39.99 a month. I replied that I can't afford that and if you're going to wipe me out then give me my $59.99 back! There's NO way. I will never post a review again before I'll pay that.

I've been wondering the same thing... I have a couple of cruise photo reviews, & also on the ports boards port photo reviews from earlier cruises with diy instructions for getting around. It would appear that they will disappear in December 2018, if I don't upgrade my photo bucket account. Right now I pay about $120 a year to share my photos here, $400 is just absurd.

I'm going to try to do some shutterfly testing & see how it works out, I was planning on doing a "semi" live from our upcoming New Zealand cruise as we have the unlimited internet pkg. I'm consiering just doing it from my iphone via tapatalk...

Shame on photobucket, I have no problem with them charging more for hosting going forward, but to disable existing photos is in bad taste & I won't be uploading or purchasing from them after the December 2018 deadline. :(

If you're on an iPad or phone, it's really easy and you don't have to mess with PhotoBucket Or other third parties. Download the tapatalk Cruise Critic forums app. Click on the image icon at the bottom of the reply screen. It looks like a rectangle with two triangles inside. It will take you to your photos on your device. Select the photo and it will upload to the tapatalk site.

You will see the URL text displayed on your screen and when you hit reply the image will show up.

JoAnn

Just tried this in the test forum using my iPad and yes it's really easy and fast. Thanks for the easy to follow instructions.

JoAnn

This is great, JoAnn. I think I actually just managed to do it! I thank you so very much.

--May B