TO: All those STILL having problems getting double points from Barclay

rgmacm

Thanks, rgmacm, for posting the Resolutions phone number. I called yesterday and it was immediately answered by an actual person who was very helpful. She doubled our points and offered to use them to issue rewards at the same time, but we have two more upcoming final payments and I want to take care of everything at one time after they are made.

She also apologized profusely for the issue, which, except for a few weeks when it was working in February and March, hasn't been right since they changed the program last fall. In the end, we are getting four percent back and are happy about that but are still looking at other options in cards. Barclay really screwed up a program that was working well.

Same issue as everyone else. No double points and no access for statement credit for recent Princess travel purchases. This is a programming issue. I can't understand why it is taking so long to correct. I called that awful center across the globe and talk to some poor man whose only job it was to create a "ticket". If it is not resolved till by next week I will call the magic number. Thanks everyone.

Thank you so much for sharing the phone number. I had a very large Princess purchase in July that included airfare to Europe and I had only gotten single points for it. I called the number and he fixed it while I was on the phone. He said they hope to have the bug fixed by the end of August.

Thank you so much for sharing the phone number. I had a very large Princess purchase in July that included airfare to Europe and I had only gotten single points for it. I called the number and he fixed it while I was on the phone. He said they hope to have the bug fixed by the end of August.

Same here just made final payment for my October TA. Called today and got my double points.

Yes...I'm among that number who fought for over a month to get our double points in May...

Then made a 'test payment' (before our HUGE final payment) in June to see if things worked right (They didn't....) I called...was assured everything was fixed...made the final payment...then spent 45 min. on the phone to get double points for THAT purchase...

Then, got an upsell offer last week...made the payment...and spent a VERY UNHAPPY phone call today to get double points for that... (after 3 mos, I'd lost all patience....)

Yep...I have more 'experience' than I ever wanted with this...

For those who didn't see previous posts or know about this issue...and to add a bit of knowledge gained today, I share this. :)

1) Don't waste time calling the ph # on the back of the card. That goes to someplace in "Timbuktu"...and accomplishes NOTHING. Instead, call the Managers number - 866-928-3106. That number has been reserved for 'special' cases...and takes you to someone who speaks English...and who can actually give you the points RIGHT THEN...ON THE PHONE. I was logged on to my acct and wouldn't get off the phone until they appeared. (They are unhappy this # has been shared here.....just fyi....)

2) (...and this is what I learned today) There is a phrase, that when spoken, changes the whole demeanor of the conversation...gets balls rolling and things accomplished. That phrase is "cruise critic". Yep...when you say "This is ALL over Cruise Critic...people are upset there...talking about it...." things begin to happen....

It was amazing....I wasn't really getting anywhere...She kept referring back to the case I opened in Mid-June (which was resolved with that 45 min. phone call...) and telling me to wait a little longer on that - while ignoring my current issue of the missing double points for our upsell purchase last week. I was getting NO WHERE until I said the magic words.

I have my double points now...and am now sharing not only the phone no. (which has been shared here before but is probably buried in the archives by now) but also the 'magic words" :D:D ---to help others who may have been waiting and waiting and waiting with no results...

This card has been so challenging to use...after our cruise, Im just going back to our 3% cashback on the Costco card...no hassle...no phone calls...no 'fight'.... Looking forward to the 'break'.... :D:D

I just happen to come across this thread, just as my DH checked his Princess card. He just found that they also had not given him double points for the Princess payment. Soooo, I gave him this number, and immediately called and he was credited with the proper amount of points. Thanks for the number, keeping it close, hopefully don't need to use it again.

I just happen to come across this thread, just as my DH checked his Princess card. He just found that they also had not given him double points for the Princess payment. Soooo, I gave him this number, and immediately called and he was credited with the proper amount of points. Thanks for the number, keeping it close, hopefully don't need to use it again.

I also had a purchase that was not credited with the double points - called the "magic number" in the OP and a wonderfully efficient CSR credited my account within minutes. Tentative fix date is the end of August as previously stated.

Grey

Called manager line again today... my airfare through Ezair did not double. Apologized and said its' a known issue and they are working as fast as they can to get it resolved. Told me I would need to open ticket. Asked if he could check the status of my already open ticket that I've been waiting 3 weeks for an answer on and he said no. So really, they want me to open another ticket while still not getting resolution on my first issue. Also, they said I could call the rewards number to redeem my points. Called them and they told me that the rewards are redeemed at 1%, when my purchase amount qualifies me for 1.5%. This is the worst credit card experience I've ever had.

I called today and after 17 minutes I got a case number and they would get back to me in 7-10 days. I told my TA to use my Costco card (3%) for all future payments. Seems like they are almost begging for legal class action.

I have had case numbers from previous phone calls regarding not seeing double points for Princess purchases. I got a letter in the snail mail stating that my points total was adjusted upward by 10,232 points. When looking at my account online I see that the total was increased but the points shown for each individual Princess purchase transaction remained at the 1 point for 1 dollar spent value.

Today I called the number given at the beginning of this thread and asked why the list of transactions that I could redeem points against showed only the $800 airline purchase I made on August 7th and not the $15,118.86 Princess fare purchase I made on July 24th. The lady on the phone was very helpful and created a case to get all the eligible purchases listed. In addition she told me that there should be about 20,000 more points in my points total and she would get them added and then make a redemption of my points for the 2% redemption rate.

Now I will just wait to see what shows up on my account over the next 7 - 10 days.

What baffles me about this whole points mess is the length of time that has gone by without any fix. If it is a software coding problem, then why didn't such an obvious error shown up in the testing of the software before it was put into service? Was it even tested? Even if not, getting it fixed should not be taking so long.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I checked my account, and sure enough, had only received 1 point per dollar spent. I called, and the guy blamed it on Princess. [emoji57] He opened a case for me and said not to worry; I was owed my double points. I really hope they permanently fix this issue/glitch ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I called this morning and got my double points. I have 180 days to use them. Yea!!!:cool:

You have more than 180 days to use them.

However to use them at a higher rate of 1% you must use them on a charge made within the previous 180 days. (And the charge has to be at the proper level to allow more than 1%.)

UPDATE!

I called today to use my points for a large Princess cruise purchase that just showed up on my billing.

I used the number given earlier in this thread for the manager/supervisor. She claimed that her computer was slow and not moving so she transferred me to Kevin. Kevin obviously knew nothing about redeeming points since each question I asked of him he had to put me on hold. Finally he came back to the line and told me that I only had 2 transactions that would qualify that were over 180 days old. Huh? I told him that the transactions were supposed to be under 180 days old to get the 2%rate. At this point, I asked to be transferred to a supervisor.

Kevin transferred me back to the person that I had originally been speaking to. Huh? She again said that she could not do anything for me today, TECHNICAL problems, and she would open a case and I should hear within 30 days.....I told her that that was not good enough. I said that their technical problems had gone on long enough and that if they didn't want to lose more customers that they needed to get their "technical problems" fixed sooner rather than later.....

I had hoped to hang on to my "Princess" (Barclaycard) but it is getting harder and harder to work with a company that is not living up to their promises.

Called this morning at 8:30 EST to the 1-866-928-3106 and got a rep in Nevada! 10 minutes and points fixed. Granted...this was just doubling a down payment. This was so much easier than my June call to "DJ" that was like banging my head into a wall.

How frustrating........

...I have a Barclay hotel card and have never had any problems...with pts or bonus points and usage.

Is princess the one who "buys" the extra points? That is probably the first question that needs to be asked when dealing with this type of card....who is awarding you the points..?

Edited by land lover

I have now opened two tickets made 4 calls and sent an internet message. I still can not redeem my points!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see you are just beginning the preliminary stage of this battle with the idiots at Barclays. This has been going on since last fall with absolutely no indication of any fixes to the software. Who ever did the coding for the system must not be available to fix it.------suicide????--------lynched?????----------sabotage??????

Account transactions show only one reward point per dollar spent with Princess

If you call and beg you may get the points added to your total but they still won't show on the specific transaction.

Purchases made to Princess do not show up on list of those that you can redeem points against. I made a $10,000 Princess purchase on June 26th and it still has not shown up so I can redeem against it.

(is this a plot to ensure that you don't make a redemption within 180 days?????)