TO: All those STILL having problems getting double points from Barclay

rgmacm

I see you are just beginning the preliminary stage of this battle with the idiots at Barclays. This has been going on since last fall with absolutely no indication of any fixes to the software. Who ever did the coding for the system must not be available to fix it.------suicide????--------lynched?????----------sabotage??????

Account transactions show only one reward point per dollar spent with Princess

If you call and beg you may get the points added to your total but they still won't show on the specific transaction.

Purchases made to Princess do not show up on list of those that you can redeem points against. I made a $10,000 Princess purchase on June 26th and it still has not shown up so I can redeem against it.

(is this a plot to ensure that you don't make a redemption within 180 days?????)

I think it might be. They just keep saying they are sorry for the inconvenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I, too, did not get double points for my last Princess Cruise purchase. On the points statement under "earned" is one point for each dollar and then in the adjustment column there is a small amount which is included in the total points but not equal to double points. I phoned and was told my concern was being sent to the appropriate department and would be adjusted within 5-10 business days. Am I just beginning the run around that so many of you have been experiencing?

I, too, did not get double points for my last Princess Cruise purchase. On the points statement under "earned" is one point for each dollar and then in the adjustment column there is a small amount which is included in the total points but not equal to double points. I phoned and was told my concern was being sent to the appropriate department and would be adjusted within 5-10 business days. Am I just beginning the run around that so many of you have been experiencing?

Sadly, that is probably true.

Since complaining to Barclays seems to fail to get results, perhaps we need to complain to Princess instead. I have.

My simple issue of double points for Princess Cruise purchase was resolved over the phone! Manager I spoke with said "it should all be resolved by the end of September." Thanks to the CC'rs for the information and I did use the magic words....

My simple issue of double points for Princess Cruise purchase was resolved over the phone! Manager I spoke with said "it should all be resolved by the end of September." Thanks to the CC'rs for the information and I did use the magic words....

They also said end of August. [emoji30]. Whether or not they fix it on the phone is luck of the draw.

Thank you for posting this telephone number. I just checked my recent cruise payment and found that I had only received one point per dollar for the cruise. I called the number, spoke to a manager, and he said he issued a credit for the deficit and that I would see it as soon as my account updated. Easy Peasy. Or maybe I am being naïve by thinking this will really happen the way he said it would.?!?!?!?!

Thank you for posting this telephone number. I just checked my recent cruise payment and found that I had only received one point per dollar for the cruise. I called the number, spoke to a manager, and he said he issued a credit for the deficit and that I would see it as soon as my account updated. Easy Peasy. Or maybe I am being naïve by thinking this will really happen the way he said it would.?!?!?!?!

OK. So I'm not naïve. I just checked my Rewards account and the adjustment is there already! I am a happy camper!

I recently made a payment on an upcoming Princess cruise using the Princess Rewards Visa card. As soon as the charge posted I paid it in full but did not get double points. I called the 866-928-3106 number and after a 5 minute hold spoke to a Relationship Manager, Cory, who was very pleasant, understood the problem, and added the points while I was on the phone; the points showed up on my online account before I hung up. I shouldn't have to do this but at least it worked. I will be checking all future payments to Princess.

I can't believe that this problem has been going on for so long. I had to call in to get my double points for a Princess cruise booking deposit back in May...they said the issue would be fixed within thirty days. It's now almost September and obviously Barclay's still hasn't fixed the problem. We should not have to call in, email, or be at the mercy of whoever answers the phone as to whether they instantly credit the points or say to "open a case and wait for up to thirty days." It's ridiculous!

If I didn't love Princess cruises so much, I would cancel this card and switch to another cruise line. But the rewards are just too good, especially earning OBC. I hope they get the issue resolved soon.

would complaining to an Attorney General help at all? I wouldn't even know what state? card services is in philly

They are actually in Wilmington DE, and you certainly could complain to the state AG. Delaware has a rather unique court arrangement, with the Chancery Court to handle business disputes. I have been frustrated with the lack of responsiveness of Barclays on this matter, two calls yesterday, created two cases, one for not posting double points and one for not making the most recent cruise fare charge eligible to redeem points against. Thinking class action lawsuit in DE might be the way to go. Anyone else interested?

Just as an aside, I called yesterday, and was put on hold and transferred to a travel agent after explaining the two issues. He told me he had nothing to do with Barclay and could only help by transferring points to be used for airfare or something else. Called back, rep said she had opened two cases. I cannot figure out how some of us are able to get points posted immediately or the transaction corrected promptly to qualify for redeeming points. This has been going on too long, they have had more than adequate time to correct, or to uniformly have reps be able to correct during the phone call consistently.

I cancelled the Barclay card over another issue. A purchase that was shipped to me came in broken. The charge company chose to believe the merchant rather than me since I had thrown away the object and did not have a picture of the broken parts.

My first issue with Barclay started in October of 2016 when $500 OBC failed to show up after turning in 40,000 points. Had to wait until I got home to work on resolving it, but finally did. Gave it another try and first no doubled points and then an issue getting a correct statement credit. With much work, stomach lining and heart muscle it is resolved.

Now I have put all cruises on Chase Sapphire Reserve. Yes, steep annual fee but $300 annual credit on ALL travel and 3 points for every dollar spent on travel and dining. And best of all: no frustration when trying to redeem points! I am done with Barclay Princess credit card.

Edited by larryandregina
correction needed

My double points were credited within the promised 10 days. It's ridiculous that you have to jump through that hoop to get the points, though. I already have another transaction to call about. None of my Princess transactions since May are showing as redeemable for statement credit, too.

Made final payment on one cruise last month and then again several days ago for our cruise in November. Only received single points for each. Called the recommended number this morning. Got a nice rep on the phone who found my JetBlue Barclays account but when I mentioned my Princess card, she couldn't find that and put me on hold to transfer me to someone else. "Here we go", I thought. Well, I couldn't have been more surprised and more pleased with the outcome. Was transferred to Cindy who listened to my tale of woe and understood the problem. Explained that the issue has arisen due to Princess adding a code to their charge purchases to be able to differentiate between cruise purchases, excursions, on-board purchases, etc. Cindy claims that Barclays has been struggling to adjust to these new codes and all will be in place by the end of the month.

Cindy quickly confirmed that I had only received single rewards for my purchases and made the adjustment. Then she asked what we were planning on doing with the reward points. She said that they are still having problems with applying points for statement credit and asked if I wanted to do that while I still on the phone with her. I was unsure if I wanted statement credit or OBC and Cindy happily did the math to see which would provide me with the most "bang for my buck." The statement credit was greater and Cindy put me on hold for a short time and processed the credit.

Truth be told...I was planning on cancelling my Princess Visa due to this whole mess. However, with the customer service I received today, I am willing to give them another chance :)

I wish I had found the OP's phone number they suggested before I called the one on the website at the top of the form.

Spent an hour getting transferred around and having to input my info in EACH time.

Took 4 tries to get the lady to LET me speak to her supervisor who said it could be credited properly now in 7 to 10 days. (Originally they said 30 days)

I remembered you guys saying call that direct number...JUST DID! talked to a manager, who put me on hold, apologized profusely, and had my points credited properly within 5 minutes.

She was very helpful....but, I think once I redeem my benefits for my next cruise, I will cancel this card. I can put my money towards something else or my airline miles....the payout for OBC on this card isn't that great.

THANK YOU TO THE OP for this helpful information!!!

We made final payment on an upcoming cruise using our Princess Visa and they still haven't corrected the double points issue. Once again I used the number provided by the OP and the lady who answered the phone identified herself as a manager. She quickly looked at my charge and fixed it while I was on the phone. The entire call was less than five minutes.

Check your Princess charges to be sure you are getting double points... If you don't, then definitely call the number provided by the OP for faster resolution.

The manager said that they have been working to resolve it... Let's hope they do that soon.

Yes...I'm among that number who fought for over a month to get our double points in May...

1) Don't waste time calling the ph # on the back of the card. That goes to someplace in "Timbuktu"...and accomplishes NOTHING. Instead, call the Managers number - 866-928-3106.

Thank you rgmacm53559937

I charged our upcoming 10/26/17 Princess Cruise back in July and after two messages sent to customer service I still had not received my double points.

I just called the number you provided and within five minutes I received my double points. The manager that I spoke with informed me that points for on board credit must be made prior to fifteen days of the sail date.

Howard

I called again today and got the points on the remainder of our Princess Visa spending for our upcoming Princess cruises doubled. That was all well and good. The surprise came when I learned that, despite having over $20000 in spending on Princess cruises alone in the past few months, the largest single charge was "only" $3900. This means that we are getting a statement credit for just 1.5% (I think) of the points instead of 2% (which we would have received on all the points if just one single charge was at least $4000).

The reward is only very slightly larger than we would have received in the 'good old days' before this wonderful new system. And I didn't have to spend an hour on the phone to make it happen then either.

I have a feeling change is coming our way.

I just called the 866-928-3106 number for Barclay Card. I immediately reached Susan, a customer service manager. She was WONDERFUL! We went over my statements and she corrected my account to show my double points, which appeared on my online account while we were on the phone. Woo Hoo! She apologized for all the problems earlier callers had with customer service and the writing of a "ticket." Once they realized there was an issue that affected many people, they started referring callers to a manager so a credit would appear within 24 hours. Hope anyone else that still has an issue has it resolved quickly. And yes, if you want to use your points for onboard credit, you need to do so 15 days prior to sailing. Thanks to all who posted here! Your information was extremely valuable!

Sent from my iPad using Forums