Magnetic hooks

Fastfreddy03

I took very strong magnets, but found the wall covering was thick and slippery. The hooks held very little until I put a bandaid on the wall to prevent sliding down and the magnet over the bandaid. Worked a bit. We were in a suite, which may have thicker and slippery wall covering.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Four in a deluxe balcony (often called a mini suite) is gonna be tight. I know some people prefer/like hanging stuff around. Not sure if that helps or increases clutter. I know my wife would HATE having stuff hanging around. You are gonna be tight on space. Hope your room mates pack lightly - like one carry on each! LOL!

We have used them on the Escape. We also have a light weight over the door hook kind of shaped like a squared off letter S. (I think it's made to hold a planter.) We hook it over the cabinet molding that surrounds the TV and it is sturdy enough to hold several heavier things that the magnet can't.

Instead of magnets, try collapsible fabric cubes for extra storage in your closet or collapsible hanging storage pockets that fit over the rod in your closet. Worked for me for extra storage space. Also, they don't take up too much luggage space. I found them at Wal-mart.

We have used them on the Escape. We also have a light weight over the door hook kind of shaped like a squared off letter S. (I think it's made to hold a planter.) We hook it over the cabinet molding that surrounds the TV and it is sturdy enough to hold several heavier things that the magnet can't.

Ah, a front door wreath hanger,

On the NCL escape:

We used magnets with clips to hold papers, belts, and our lanyards that hold our key cards.

We used an over the door shoe organizer on the bath room door to hold shoes, scarves, cameras, etc. We didn't need it for our bathroom stuff ...the bathroom had plenty of storage.

We used two battery operated tea lights as a night light in the bathroom.

Escape is a newer ship with outlets and USB ports by each bed...we did not need an extension cord or multi-plug adapter.

We don't unpack absolutely everything: we unpack everything that will get terribly wrinkled, but we leave about half our shorts and tees and unmentionables in the suitcase we shove under the bed. After about 1/2 the cruise was over, I restock our shelves with the clothes from under the bed. I organized all the toiletries/first aid/etc stuff I brought and put stuff I brought just in case in a zip lock bag in the suitcase under the bed, too. Yes, I bring band aids, but I don't need them on the bathroom counter taking up space.

Hope this helps,

Thanks . Great help. Just another question. Is there room for 4 suitcases under the bed?

On the NCL escape:

We used magnets with clips to hold papers, belts, and our lanyards that hold our key cards.

We used an over the door shoe organizer on the bath room door to hold shoes, scarves, cameras, etc. We didn't need it for our bathroom stuff ...the bathroom had plenty of storage.

We used two battery operated tea lights as a night light in the bathroom.

Escape is a newer ship with outlets and USB ports by each bed...we did not need an extension cord or multi-plug adapter.

We don't unpack absolutely everything: we unpack everything that will get terribly wrinkled, but we leave about half our shorts and tees and unmentionables in the suitcase we shove under the bed. After about 1/2 the cruise was over, I restock our shelves with the clothes from under the bed. I organized all the toiletries/first aid/etc stuff I brought and put stuff I brought just in case in a zip lock bag in the suitcase under the bed, too. Yes, I bring band aids, but I don't need them on the bathroom counter taking up space.

Hope this helps,

Ive read that magnetic hooks are a good idea to keep our cabin tidy (ww are going to have four in a mini suite). Has anyone used magnetic hooks on norwegian escape? Are the walls metal?

While we haven't been on the Escape yet (46 days till we board her), we've been on Getaway twice and have used these hooks from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01B5NSGSI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501565967&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=6pc+ALAZCO+Magnetic+Hooks&dpPl=1&dpID=41IkpWBvcGL&ref=plSrch

There are 3 different sizes and they all held very nicely. The large ones each held 25 pounds. I would hang my backpack with camera and other stuff in it on one and my wife used the other for her purse. On the Getaway one wall was steel (could use the magnet) and the opposite was not.

As suggested above, we have also used the collapsible travel cubes in the closet for additional space. These all helped immensely when we had 3 or 4 in a Cabin, but still helped when just DW and I.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ive read that magnetic hooks are a good idea to keep our cabin tidy (ww are going to have four in a mini suite). Has anyone used magnetic hooks on norwegian escape? Are the walls metal?

I read about this on cruise critic and bought some at Home Depot for our last cruise. They worked great and were so strong they were hard to remove. We did laundry and used them to hold the clothes line and also used them to hold papers on the wall listing our daily activities. They were great!

• 4 weeks later...
I always bring a few hangers with me as well. They lay flat, dont take up much room and i can hang up my skirts.? There never seems tobe enough hangers!

Your room steward will bring you as many hangers as you want...for free.

On cold weather cruises departing from NY the magnets create coat hooks for the days we need them. We also hang our lanyards with keycards at the door. Want some privacy between beds? Pop magnets on the ceiling and hang a sheet with clips, or a shower curtain (won't reach the floor though).