Norwegian Epic European Cruise

Bolimex1

My Family and I we love Cruising. We have been in a few of them and love every single one of them, until NOW.

I believe you have to options. Destination or the Ship, and in this case it was all about the destination. Norwegian Epic Departs from Barcelona Spain goes to Naples Italy, Rome, Florence Italy, Palma de Mallorca and Cannes. All of these stops are amazing in their own way. In fact we want to come back to each and everyone of them, but not with Norwegian Cruise Lines. All most all of the crew are rude and they have no sense of humor. And if you're used to having average or above level of customer service.... You can definitely forget about it with Norwegian. Royal Caribbean its by far better, Princess Cruses are better. Not a great experience and I will never go back with Norwegian again.

The amazing, deep, and thoughtful analysis that went into this is overwhelming. I'm floored by the intellectually diverse approach that the OP used to fully evaluate his/her experience. Thanks for that...

Sorry your expectations weren't met, but I won't be swayed by one person's experience. I'm really dying to do this particular cruise and just waiting for the 2019 sailing dates to be released to make deposit. And with the Studio cabins, they're affordable for solos like me that can apply the savings towards airfare.

Have done this itinery twice on the epic & like other posters have never encountered any rude staff, some passengers have been a bit obnoxious :rolleyes::rolleyes:

This year did the Jade transatlantic from Tampa & only problems we had were staff from O'Sheehans absolutely rude & completely disinterested in passengers :mad::mad::mad:

I cannot tell you how excited we are to be back on Epic for our first Med. cruise! (we did a Caribbean cruise on her). As far as crew goes, we have learned if you treat them with respect and kindness, you get that back and more!

I'm afraid our epic cruise was similar, we came across quite a few rude and almost surley bar staff and waiters, weve since been on other ncl cruises and never had the problem, our worst experience was in the cavern, the bartenders in there were very rude (personal experience as well as witness other interactions) one night it got so bad a guest called the for the bar manager, the bar tender called security on the guy and all he did was complain service was slow! (To be fair he had been waiting at least 15-20 mins (as had most people) and kept getting ignored.... this wasn't the only occasion we witnessed similar..... maybe in Europe we just can't get the staff?!!

My favorite cruise was the Med on the Epic. I would do it again. Loved the itinerary and the ship. We did not have a problem with the crew, sure there may have been one or two that were not cheerful but come on, I go to work 5 days a week and I can tell you there are many days I am far from cheerful. I know they should be, working in customer service industry but we don't know what is going on in their lives at that moment.

I would never let any of that ruin my vacation.

We had a cruise on the Epic ***** 2015 from Barcelona was the best cruise ever plus the crew was amazing. Booked again for 2018. Our Stuart had a biiiiiig tip doing his job so professional. The people in the Splash got extra tip also for amazing work with our son and the waiters were so nice. We even keep in contact with one of the guys every now and then via email. Too bad you had bad experience

Sent from my SM-G903F using Forums mobile app

Sorry your experience was bad. I cruised with NCL last September and had a fabulous time. Our room steward was friendly. We never had any issues with anyone. Though, we never really needed any assistance, either. I can't wait until my next cruise. I have also cruised on Carnival and had terrific experiences. When there were issues or questions they were taken care of. Its personal outlook right. You have to consider the staff as well...these people are overworked trying to earn a living on minimum pay for what they do.

I love the Epic been on 5 times all wonderful ..the crew staff the best

Sorry you did not likeit ...iLoved it ..got my son hooked on cruising again ...great food, great swrvoce fabulous shows ..

Maybe you sailed another ship ????

Sorry your expectations weren't met, but I won't be swayed by one person's experience. I'm really dying to do this particular cruise and just waiting for the 2019 sailing dates to be released to make deposit. And with the Studio cabins, they're affordable for solos like me that can apply the savings towards airfare.

I did this Cruise in June in the solo cabins and it was amazing. Fellow cruiser Bra_BE2014 wrote a fantastic review if you are interested. Title starts "MSC girl jumps ship..."

Happy Sailing 😎

I did this Cruise in June in the solo cabins and it was amazing. Fellow cruiser Bra_BE2014 wrote a fantastic review if you are interested. Title starts "MSC girl jumps ship..."

Happy Sailing 😎

That was actually the review that sealed it for me. Since reading it, i've been doing all the research on Barcelona hotels, airfare, and all the different ports. It is a fantastic review with great pics that really makes you want to do that itinerary. I'm just itching for those 2019 dates to be released so I can lock it in with deposit.

My mother told me this story when I was a little child.

A woman was watching a parade in the crowd. She did not look happy. A man noticed and asked her, what's wong?" She replied, "just look! Everyone is out of step except for my son, Johnny!"

So... EVERYONE on the Epic was rude? They must have 100% switched out the crew since I disembarked in March because this was definately not my experience.

Perhaps the problem was not the crew???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My mother told me this story when I was a little child.

A woman was watching a parade in the crowd. She did not look happy. A man noticed and asked her, what's wong?" She replied, "just look! Everyone is out of step except for my son, Johnny!"

Perhaps the problem was not the crew???

Where's the "LIKE" button?!

That was actually the review that sealed it for me. Since reading it, i've been doing all the research on Barcelona hotels, airfare, and all the different ports. It is a fantastic review with great pics that really makes you want to do that itinerary. I'm just itching for those 2019 dates to be released so I can lock it in with deposit.

Pretty sure you will have a wonderful time 😊 Right now i am thinking of taking the same Cruise again next year to relive the great experience 😎

In case you want some tipps, please feel free to contact me.

Pretty sure you will have a wonderful time 😊 Right now i am thinking of taking the same Cruise again next year to relive the great experience 😎

In case you want some tipps, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks. If you loved it so much to want to take it again, that's a very good tip in itself. I just contacted my PCC and she replied that the 2019 dates for that itinerary will be published by the new year "at the latest" for anyone else that's interested.

I actually do have a tip request. What month did you sail? I see it sails from Barcelona from early May though the end of October/early November. Is there a recommended month to sail this itinerary?

I would gather summer is sweltering and with lots of children so i'd automatically avoid that. Any difference in late May or Late October? Those two ends seem to be where the lowest fares are and i'm open to either.

May as well turn this thread positive with useful info on the sailing....and it already has a perfect heading for it. ;p

You are right to turn it into something positive feels much better!

Sailed mid June and the weather was perfect as i like it warm. I am from northern Germany so i take every ray of sun i can get.

Personally i would not go between mid July and End of August as there is School vacation all over Europe. Not to avoid kids but to avoid the higher fares and too crowded sides.

End of October could be more chance of rain, something i try to avoid too ;)