Colors of SeaPass Cards

Yvonne

On a recent cruise, a lady was trying to get into the section of the theater reserved for Suite/Pinnacle (gold card) cruisers. She kept insisting she had a gold card - "See right there, it says Gold on my SeaPass card!"

I'm thinking that's one of the reasons that the new ships don't have gold colored cards anymore.

On a recent cruise, a lady was trying to get into the section of the theater reserved for Suite/Pinnacle (gold card) cruisers. She kept insisting she had a gold card - "See right there, it says Gold on my SeaPass card!"

Hilarious.

• Like 1

Many of the placards have a picture of the gold-colored card, and text that describes it as "golden".

But I guess that requires comprehension skills, and when on vacation, even the most intelligent people seem to willfully suspend their comprehension, as noted by the often stated "it's my vacation, I can do whatever i want."

I did this once many cruises ago on Oasis staying in a Balcony. In the solarium, there is an unusual upstairs bar only accessed by "Gold" cards. I was Gold at the time. They turned me away. Lol

No picture of the card was displayed. This was a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 8 months later...

Sky class on next cruise will be a plum card. Harmony of the Seas 2019. I wear my cards on a lanyard for ease of use when ordering drinks and for convenience, no pockets sometimes. If someone else has a problem with it, that’s their issue.

• Like 1

What color will my seapass card be for someone who has never been on a single night's cruise before? Is it thin and yellow like a post-it note?? Will I be shunned as I walk down the hall and have people run in the opposite direction?? :D

Lisa N.

How dare you walk down the same halls as us! Bow you peasant as we pass by. :'):')

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is the first that I've ever heard of people not liking when you wear the card around your neck. I ALWAYS do this. I don't want to carry a purse and I usually don't have pockets on a sundress. I'm not going to hold it in my hand. I'll just have to be looked down upon.

Don't worry about wearing a lanyard. I never looked at the card but looked at the lanyard sometimes. I think the lanyard is a nice convenience, too.

I had to wear one at work for years, so I tend not to wear one now, though. But wear yours as often as you like!

I’m reading this thread and laughing because I never noticed my card was different than anyone else’s... is this really a thing? Do people stalk others cards? I mean who looks? I had a lanyard, which I use because I do not carry a purse...oh the horror!

Will have to check that out next time I get to Wrentham.:)

I bought a lanyard at the Wrentham Coach store several years ago. Think I paid about the same - $18 - $20. I've been in the store a couple of times since, but haven't seen them again. But every time I go to Wrentham I look.

Don't worry about wearing a lanyard. I never looked at the card but looked at the lanyard sometimes. I think the lanyard is a nice convenience, too.

I had to wear one at work for years, so I tend not to wear one now, though. But wear yours as often as you like!

I like the new lanyards they have been selling onboard the ships lately, but I wish they had a bigger selection.

I also like the convenience. I don't always have pockets and I certainly don't want to be carrying around a bag during my cruise.

Quite a few cruise lines have the color of their card tied to their loyalty level, outside of Royal Caribbean's company.

I remember when we had colors for our current level. Such as Gold card was Gold status, platinum was a silvery color, emerald not sure (was it pale green?). When we finally hit Diamond it had gone to everyone in RCCL blue. 🤨Now on the card it’s just stamped with your level.

Light blue if you are not in a suite.

You will only be shunned if you wear it with a lanyard.;)

I wear mine on a lanyard for convenience and nothing else. Most of my Summer clothes don’t have pockets and I’ll be danged if I’m going to use a fanny pack![emoji13]