Latitude Rewards (cruises booked before 02/03/17 but sailing in 2018)

esm54687

Hi...

I have searched Hi & Lo looking for NCL's official status concerning the "extra points" for cruises that take place in 2018 but were booked prior to the 02/03/17 change... I have received Twitter communication from NCL ensuring that 2018 cruises would receive the extra points but it could be someone's 10 year old son or daughter behind the keyboard... the NCL Latitude FAQ (https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/faq) states 2017 cruises but no mention of 2018. Has anyone found anything official? If the points won't be awarded then there are promos I may want to jump on between now and March but I am not moving because of the 11 extra points (moves me into Platinum so it is a pretty significant tier move). Thank you in advance!

Yes I am... I should've made that clear

Yes, if you booked cruises prior to 2/3/17 and 9 months + before sailing, you will still receive the extra point per night. I have confirmation on this as I have sailed many times since the change in the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi...

I have searched Hi & Lo looking for NCL's official status concerning the "extra points" for cruises that take place in 2018 but were booked prior to the 02/03/17 change... I have received Twitter communication from NCL ensuring that 2018 cruises would receive the extra points but it could be someone's 10 year old son or daughter behind the keyboard... the NCL Latitude FAQ (https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/faq) states 2017 cruises but no mention of 2018. Has anyone found anything official? If the points won't be awarded then there are promos I may want to jump on between now and March but I am not moving because of the 11 extra points (moves me into Platinum so it is a pretty significant tier move). Thank you in advance!

I have not been able to find THAT specific information either. However, If you have not already done so, you might check to see if your scheduled cruise is among those in "Latitudes Insider Offer" (and pricing remains same/stable for you). I saw the offer, did a "mock" booking to verify price, called our PCC, and secured the additional points, as well as an extra $100 OBC. Best of luck to you!!!

Even though it's not officially stated, I would think that you would get your extra points. I recently returned from a cruise booked last June, and not only received my extra points, I was moved up to Platinum with only 77 points, even though their new rules state that you would need to reach the "new" (80 points) threshold of points...

Yes, if you booked cruises prior to 2/3/17 and 9 months + before sailing, you will still receive the extra point per night. I have confirmation on this as I have sailed many times since the change in the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks... but we are STILL in 2017 and my concern is for 2018. The FAQ clearly confirms that 2017 is valid but no reference to 2018.

I have not been able to find THAT specific information either. However, If you have not already done so, you might check to see if your scheduled cruise is among those in "Latitudes Insider Offer" (and pricing remains same/stable for you). I saw the offer, did a "mock" booking to verify price, called our PCC, and secured the additional points, as well as an extra $100 OBC. Best of luck to you!!!

OP, I forgot earlier to state that my booking was made January 2017 for a Spring 2018 cruise, so the scenario meets your situation to some degree. Overall, in my case, I kept the stateroom, price, and perks I had originally booked, but now have the additional points and extra OBC secured!

Thanks... but we are STILL in 2017 and my concern is for 2018. The FAQ clearly confirms that 2017 is valid but no reference to 2018.

I 'm in your boat too.

Booked for 2018 and need all the point's we can get with 500 more needed to level up.:rolleyes:

The only way we will know for sure is when someone sails in 2018 and either does or doesn't get the points.

I would totally disregard what NCL shoreside staff say. They don't have a reputation for accuracy. Unfortunately, that is the only official guidance we are likely to get, hence the ongoing uncertainty.

Personally, I will be very surprised if you don't get the points. The reference to 2017 looks like typical website bad wording to me, but I suppose it is always possible that someone has to program it with a cutoff date and picked 31st December 2017.

I 'm in your boat too.

Booked for 2018 and need all the point's we can get with 500 more needed to level up.:rolleyes:

Lol... if it was that much of a gap I wouldn't worry but without the bonus points I am a miserable 4 points shy to get to Platinum.... thanks everyone for feedback. I guess it's a wait and see.

Lol... if it was that much of a gap I wouldn't worry but without the bonus points I am a miserable 4 points shy to get to Platinum.... thanks everyone for feedback. I guess it's a wait and see.

I am in the same boat as you. We booked last December for January 2018. We are 4 days shy of Platinum if they don't give us the extra points.

I will let you know for sure what happens when we get back.