Guy's Burgers

excitedcruiser

We are SO looking forward to having Guy's again in November! We fell in love with them on the Liberty a few years ago and luck has been against us since as none of our cruises have had one.

Double burger with a Pig Patty and extra cheese, topped with sauteed onions and mushrooms and a good shot of hot sauce! Heaven on a bun!!:D

Here you go. It was the driest thing ever. It literally crumbled apart.

36216745166_b734f4f27d_n.jpg

perfect picture, says it all, the texture is awful. That's why they serve so many toppings, to cover the flavor. A really good burger, should be thick, juicy and served with lettuce, tomato and onion. IMHO

They are well done but I have not had a dry one at all. Because of the sauce and steam method they stay juicy. And by the time you add the fixings they are a delicious mess. DH has threatened not to cruise on a Carnival ship without one!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dry is the last word I would use to describe a Guy's Burger.

perfect picture, says it all, the texture is awful. That's why they serve so many toppings, to cover the flavor. A really good burger, should be thick, juicy and served with lettuce, tomato and onion. IMHO

Until I saw your picture..ugh.

That is disgusting. No Guy's cheerleader could even begin to defend that so called burger. I hope you put it right in the trash.

My experience was much better. Nice moist burger and good flavor. We sail on the Breeze this Sunday. I hope I get my burger and not your burger. I don't like the fries and find the toppings bar to be a messy disaster soon after they open, which is why I take my burger into the lido for toppings and ketchup.

Don't eat burger. Just get plain fries then mushrooms from fixins bar. Then get a bowl of ice cream for dunking fries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And then run back to your cabin because that combination is coming back up!

Can anyone tell me if Guy's Burgers will be open when we arrive on the ship during embarkation? We are on the Breeze this Sunday and it will be our first time with a Guy's on the ship. It say's it normally opens at noon. We are finally platinum this cruise and will probably be on the ship before noon. I didn't know if maybe they open early during boarding. Thanks

Those GREASE bombs will be open.

Until I saw your picture..ugh.

That is disgusting. No Guy's cheerleader could even begin to defend that so called burger. I hope you put it right in the trash.

My experience was much better. Nice moist burger and good flavor. We sail on the Breeze this Sunday. I hope I get my burger and not your burger. I don't like the fries and find the toppings bar to be a messy disaster soon after they open, which is why I take my burger into the lido for toppings and ketchup.

Yep. It stayed on the table for the waiters to dump it.

Oh, and the fries were soggy and limp. Guess everyone else got the juicy patties and the crispy fries.

We are on the Elation in December and we are anxiously awaiting our first Guys burger. How is the BBQ sauce? that's the one I want to try. looking forward to a good messy burger!

BBQ sauce is my favorite. In a bottle at the far end of the condiment line. Goes well with the fries too. ;)

That picture of the dry burger being posted isn't THAT bad... but you're on a cruise ship, if you get something bad, toss it and get a new one or something else. That being said... I've had 30-50 guys burgers and have never seen one look like that... you just had a weird experience

Well AJ, I have had a couple. Is it palatable, yes, is it a great burger, no. It's a fast food burger hard pressed and cooked thoroughly, nothing wrong with that. To compare Guys Burgers with a 1/2 lb ground chuck or sirloin 1/2" thick on a charbroiler MR is ridiculous. Any foodies know exactly what I am saying.

That picture of the dry burger being posted isn't THAT bad... but you're on a cruise ship, if you get something bad, toss it and get a new one or something else. That being said... I've had 30-50 guys burgers and have never seen one look like that... you just had a weird experience

All the burgers were like that all cruise. I checked every day hoping they wouldn't be that dry and crumbly.

yeh, I guess if you put enough moisture on a dried out burger you could fool yourself into thinking it's juicy.

Hey, I ain't picky. If you don't want it send it to me because I had to sail the Miracle a couple of weeks ago that didn't have a Guy's. And I have to wait another 4+ months to get on the Glory which will finally have one. If you want to be picky, go ahead, I'll be too full to listen.