Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

Have to admit I'm very very disappointed with the TA offerings this time, particularly the prices of those out of Southampton. We live in the UK and so Southampton is naturally a convenient port to travel out of -- but with the prices so overpriced, we're reluctant to do so, even for the convenience factor.

We are still tempted by the Rhapsody TA in Nov 2019 but with the ship itself being on the market, we're hesitant. Also, we're on the Rhapsody TA coming up in May and have found the shore excursion offerings in the Canary Islands to be very poor. While we love the long days at sea, we also want to make the most of our time in new ports -- but only if we can get decent excursions. (I've also tried to find non-RC excursions and they are really hard to find!)

Not really sure what we will do -- we were hoping to book a fall 2019 cruise but we may skip it at this point and save for a more spectacular cruise in 2020!

Other than it not being on the website where do you see that it was pulled? Not trying to be confrontational, just would like to know where you have found this information.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Called the D+ desk at RC. They said something is up is why we can no longer see as an available cruise. A cruise that is all sold out is still listed and shows as sold with nothing available. I hope this info is wrong as I was really looking forward to this cruise as we have a couple of other cruises out of San Juan after this one. Rrrrrrr..................

You are very welcome.

But yes, Symphony is commanding a premium right now. Oasis and Allure usually aren't as expensive. If there is a ship from Tampa doing 7 nighters, it will be Radiance or Vision Class.

Harmony was a premium too. We waited until our sailing in 30 days for the price to come down enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Huh, the prices for the Southampton cruises are outrageous, especially to Baltic and Norway!!! [emoji79]

Roughly 5000€ (5300 US$) are extreme... the cruises on Princess are far less expensive. Let’s hope the next weeks the prices will lower. That’s simply too much...

Waiting for a good deal on eastern for January 2020. We usually get a good deal in March or April!

not many choices currently available. have heard no itineraries till mid April. TA said that they have to have them up by 18 months out. Sounds like things are such a mess that we may be looking more towards that deadline.

Since Carnival is sending both Glory and Valor, and NCL is sending the Getaway for winter 2019, isn't there a chance Jewel might end up in New Orleans as well?

I would love that!!! I want to sail on her and the only offerings for Jan 2020 is the Liberty out of Galveston.

I'm Wondering if Liberty or OA Class will end up in Bayonne, Liberty was very popular when she was there

I hope not. Quantum class is well suited to the cold weather cruises that occur 6 months a year.

Liberty was popular because it was the only option. Anything other than Quantum class would be a mistake.

still very curious to what will replace Anthem when she goes to Southampton, so many options!

We won't know this until Nov/Dec at the earliest.

I hope not. Quantum class is well suited to the cold weather cruises that occur 6 months a year.

Liberty was popular because it was the only option. Anything other than Quantum class would be a mistake.

They definitely need a Q Class ship during the winter months. Voyager/Freedom Class are best fit for the summer, but Explorer was there year-round prior to 2014.

Oasis Class is far from ideal. They could never work in the winter (remember Oasis' TA a couple of years ago when the weather was poor). And even in the summer, they can't sail to Bermuda, so would not be a smart choice.

Anything suggesting we could see a ship in Dubai for the winter?

Maybe that's where Jewel will spend her winter in 2019/2020

Concerning a Quantm Class ship for the summer months sailing out of Southhampton, in 2020 the 5th Quantum class ship will be delivered and no words have been mentioned so far on where it will go