Cabin Upgrade Advice

lfox02

Which cabin would be your choice?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which cabin would be your choice?

• Mid-ship angled balcony, deck 10
    • Large balcony (B6), deck 9
    • Mini-suite bid ($25+ pp, NCL choice of room)
    • Aft-view balcony

Hi Cruise Experts. I need advice on cabin upgrades. We are currently in a category BC mid-ship angled balcony on deck 10. It looks like I would be able to upgrade to a large balcony on deck 9 for minimal cost. We have been offered an upgrade bid starting at $25 for a mini-suite (guaranteed cabin, obviously). It also looks like an aft balcony is within reach price-wise, but my wife gets motion sickness easily. With it being her second cruise, I am a bit nervous about this last option, though I think it would be most ideal for me. Please weigh in to help me make a move or stay put where we are!

Don't be concerned with location as it relates to motion, you cannot perceive a difference. When the ship is rocking to the point people are feeling the effects it is doing it all over, no safe space.

I would take the aft balcony if it was affordable.

Thanks for that input! I should have mentioned we will be on the Escape. I had always heard aft had more motion than midship. Maybe we can make a go at it this trip. Is anyone able to compare the angled balconies vs B6 balconies?

Thanks for that input! I should have mentioned we will be on the Escape. I had always heard aft had more motion than midship. Maybe we can make a go at it this trip. Is anyone able to compare the angled balconies vs B6 balconies?

Forward has the most as ship moves up and down a bit. Midships is like the fulcrum. Aft might be a big more sometimes, but it often has a bit more "vibration" due to engines back there.

Low and center has the least.

You need to watch what is under you on Deck 9. Don't want to end up over a loud public facility, unless you want to be the last one asleep on the ship.

I have had 4 angled balconies and love them. Yes they are windy if you get the angle part facing the front of the ship( did that the first time, big mistake). If the large angle is facing the aft of the ship there will be no wind at all. The last time we cruised on the breakaway I had a bx angled balcony in the extreme front of the ship on 8. I bid on a mini suite and won . It was a large balcony mini suite again in the front of the ship on 8. It was great. This time in November I have an aft balcony for the same price as the angled one so I took it.