2 bottles wine pp or cabin

2 bottles per cabin at embarkation only. Champagne is allowed as alternative to wine.

Yes you can take a bottle into Chops. They may/may not charge $15 corkage. The official line is you pay $15 corkage but many report they are not charged,

If you want a specific day/time then prebook (there may be an online sale so the price may be cheaper to prebook); otherwise on board if they are not busy they may have 30% discounts. It will be pretty clear if they are not busy as they will be touting for business outside the WindJammer!

Regarding chops, best to book in advance. They will seat you if possible if you don't have a reservation but if you happen to pick a night they are full, maybe not. As for the wine you bring onboard, there is a $15 corkage fee if you take it to chops or any other public venue.

Oh and if I'm going to chops do I have to book in advance or can I just to the night we are in the mood. Can i bring a bottle of wine to chops or is that frowned upon ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any specialty restaurant I would book a couple of days in advance. Your allowed one bottle of wine or champagne per adult in a room. It isn't per room but per person.

2 bottles per cabin at embarkation only. Champagne is allowed as alternative to wine.

Yes you can take a bottle into Chops. They may/may not charge $15 corkage. The official line is you pay $15 corkage but many report they are not charged,

If you want a specific day/time then prebook (there may be an online sale so the price may be cheaper to prebook); otherwise on board if they are not busy they may have 30% discounts. It will be pretty clear if they are not busy as they will be touting for business outside the WindJammer!

It's actually one bottle per adult in the room.

Any specialty restaurant I would book a couple of days in advance. Your allowed one bottle of wine or champagne per adult in a room. It isn't per room but per person.

On RC, the rule is two bottles per stateroom, regardless of the number of guests in the stateroom.

On RC, the rule is two bottles per stateroom, regardless of the number of guests in the stateroom.

Yes. Which is one nice thing for solo cruisers. I hated that bit on my one cruise on HAL - in the group I was traveling with, there were more than a few couples where one person didn't drink, but the other person got a second bottle of wine by way of the non-drinker taking one on as there is no way a cruise line can police who is drinking it. It's only fair that solos be allowed the same 2 that a drinker of a couple can. :)

Royal C web site/freq asked ?/Guest Conduct and Other Policies says "two bottles 750 ml per STATEROOM". If you are B to B you can bring 4 and they will store 2 until 2nd sailing.

jb

Correct.

Is the tip included in the price pp or do you give more ? I hope this isint a controversial question

If you mean tipping at a specialty restaurant, most people do tip. But I do think it's included in the extra price Personally I don't do specialty. Main dining room works for me. If I'm going to spend $40 at an Italian restaurant I will do that at home

WRONG. The limit is 2 bottles per stateroom no matter how many adults of legal drinking age are In The cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you mean tipping at a specialty restaurant, most people do tip. But I do think it's included in the extra price Personally I don't do specialty. Main dining room works for me. If I'm going to spend $40 at an Italian restaurant I will do that at home

Ditto!!

I prefer to read this as: two bottles of "wine" per "stateroom". :p

Also, just go to chops with the bottle already opened. You'll be fine. I always bring my Old Vine Zinfidel by Kirkland. We laugh at the reactions we get from the staff. This wine is just incredible.

WRONG. The limit is 2 bottles per stateroom no matter how many adults of legal drinking age are In The cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Two people had already corrected the poster and he came back and admitted his mistake (4 hours ago)yet you feel the need to further point out his mistake (twice).:rolleyes: