Hurricane Irma Watch

A bit of work but we have unlimited free Surf one hour at a time.

Biker, who is much safer on Oasis than home in Oakland Park.

How does that work? Does every guest on the ship have the free hour at the same time?

Yes, though most probably don't realize that it's renewable. The first choice in the list of packages is the free 60 minutes. It was 30 minutes at a time.

I have not seen it on other ships but they also offered a "mid cruise special" for Stream at $50 - not much of a saving over the remaining days package.

Biker, who is much safer on Oasis than home in Oakland Park.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ain't that the truth. Bahamas Paradise is having a 4 day cruise to nowhere tomorrow leaving port of Palm Beach. $50 per person, per night. Might be on that....

Who knows??? I'm reading so much stuff out of the media today, it think they are trying to stir-up hysteria at this point just to keep us watching them.

You have got to be kidding! This is not fake news. The media is trying to inform people and warn them so that they will evacuate where it is necessary and not create problems for the EMT etc and to prevent needless deaths. I doubt there is any exaggeration and no need to stir up hysteria. I think the pictures of the Caribbean are enough

You have got to be kidding! This is not fake news. The media is trying to inform people and warn them so that they will evacuate where it is necessary and not create problems for the EMT etc and to prevent needless deaths. I doubt there is any exaggeration and no need to stir up hysteria. I think the pictures of the Caribbean are enough

Shh. On The Origin Of Species.

Yes! On the Harmony. The captain announces when it starts and when it ends. Guests just go to Royal wifi and connect. Today it was activated for two hours.

Not like that on Oasis. You have to sign up for the 60 minute package like any other VOOM package, it just costs nothing.

I wasn't speaking about the hurricane i.e. fake new, it was that Florida was out of gas. That simply isn't the case. Maybe read a little further back before you attack someone.

The only things I have seen that don't appear right are - there is a news article saying Jose will batter the same islands as Irma....and if you look at the NOAA tracking, doesn't look like Jose is going anywhere near.[/qu

Those islands are under a hurricane watch. When it goes by it is expected to be 120-130 mph. At current time they are on the outer portion of the path so if it stays the same they will at min get tropical force winds and rain. You also have to understand that any wind they get is bad as structures are weak and there are still several things laying on the ground that will get blown around. Not to mention the places they have to shelter are very limited. Any type of severe weather these islands receive will not be beneficial.

I feel a little bit like Typhoid Mary. After talking about doing it for a few years, last week I finally made plans to spend some time in the Florida Keys next year before our February cruise AND booked a cruise for next summer to St, Martin, among other places. Just a few days ago, DD and I were talking about how much we were looking forward to re-visiting one of our favorite beaches.

Of course, we'll be disappointed if we can't, but that's completely a third-world problem compared to what the unfortunate people on those devastated islands are facing. My heart breaks when I think of how little so many of those lovely people have and now they've lost even that. And they'll also face a loss of income for quite some time until tourism returns to normal. On several of the tours we've taken in the Caribbean, the tour guide has pointed out damage from hurricanes that happened years before.

But I do find it a little humorous, in a gallows-type way, that every communication I've seen from the cruise lines regarding cruises that are being extended have mentioned reduced alcohol prices as the first item being offered at a reduced rate. Priorities, people!

The star represents my house and the line represents the forecast.5bca1c5a27590ab6a025c6ea34bd9722.jpg

719a1c466e8922dbb56c2d31b37447d1.jpg

Sent from Middle Earth.

And I thought my house in Bradenton was going to be in the direct path. Sure hope you're house survives the hurricane with no damage.