Princess Regal motion on decks 15 and 16 mid forward

53sunset

We're getting ready to book a TA on the Regal for April , 2018 and were thinking of inside cabins mid forward on deck 15 or 16 so we can have close access to the outside decks. I do have a little problem with motion sickness but usually Dramamine takes care of it. Was hoping someone had some experience with being on those decks. I know it depends on the weather, but in normal seas has anyone experience very much motion on those decks? Thanks in advance for your response. :)

We're getting ready to book a TA on the Regal for April , 2018 and were thinking of inside cabins mid forward on deck 15 or 16 so we can have close access to the outside decks. I do have a little problem with motion sickness but usually Dramamine takes care of it. Was hoping someone had some experience with being on those decks. I know it depends on the weather, but in normal seas has anyone experience very much motion on those decks? Thanks in advance for your response. :)

In normal seas on the Royal and Regal, we experienced no movement! :D

In fact , you had to be outdoors or looking directly at the ocean to realize you were moving. The ship's hull design for cruising is the best of the fleet in our opinion.

The only interior cabins I see on the Regal lido deck (16) are in the bow area and movement in rough seas can be very noticeable. On the Marina deck (15) there are bow interior cabins and a few horizontal interior cabins in the forward area. I would not consider any of them midship. Both would be subject to movement in heavy seas so it would depend on where you are sailing and what time of year. If you are concerned about seasickness, the best place is in the middle of the ship and down low. As always look at the deck plans for the deck above you to see who will be there. It can be very loud particularly at night. Usually the ship is smooth sailing but....

If there is motion during your cruise (which there probably will be on a transatlantic at some point) this is where you will experience the most, especially on a TA.

We had the first cabin from the front on the Lido deck (L110) and had no issues. I tend to get motion sick quite easily - as long as I take Bonine once a day I'm good. We liked being on the deck for the easy access to the pools and the buffet. I would book a similar cabin again.

If there is motion during your cruise (which there probably will be on a transatlantic at some point) this is where you will experience the most, especially on a TA.

We are on the Regal in a couple months, Emerald forward in one of those obstructed balcony's.

I find the motion soothing and puts me to sleep fast at night.:D

The OP is talking about a TA in April, when the Atlantic is often fairly (or very) active. Comparing experiences to those on Lake Caribbean is not really indicative.

Done 22 TAs. Half east- and half west-bound. They can be very choppy. Would avoid far forward cabins on a higher deck unless totally unconcerned about movement.

Was on Marina deck mid fwd cabin last October. There was no noticeable motion, but it was not on a TA. You may probably just have to take your Dramamine meds just in case.

We were on the Caribbean Princess on a TA in 2015 on deck 5 in 40 foot waves in the North Sea. The waves were slapping up against the port hole and the drawers in the night stand were opening and closing all night. We eventually fell asleep and enjoyed the ride. If you like a roller coaster enjoy the ride.

Bring bungie cords to secure anything that moves in your cabin.

Howard

• 2 weeks later...
We were on the Caribbean Princess on a TA in 2015 on deck 5 in 40 foot waves in the North Sea. The waves were slapping up against the port hole and the drawers in the night stand were opening and closing all night. We eventually fell asleep and enjoyed the ride. If you like a roller coaster enjoy the ride.

Bring bungie cords to secure anything that moves in your cabin.

Howard

I've had the same experience on the CB. Once I made the mistake of going to the Horizon Court for cookies before bed and the motion was so bad, I actually got ill .. something I've never done. I got down to my Plaza deck cabin and let the ship rock me to sleep. So glad the IC is open for 24 hours and no upper deck trips are required.

See you on the repo in 39 days, Howard. I'm easy to spot, I have purple hair! We just got upgraded to a balcony on Baha, forward. Trying to figure out how bad the motion will be.

Maureen

I've had the same experience on the CB. Once I made the mistake of going to the Horizon Court for cookies before bed and the motion was so bad, I actually got ill .. something I've never done. I got down to my Plaza deck cabin and let the ship rock me to sleep. So glad the IC is open for 24 hours and no upper deck trips are required.

See you on the repo in 39 days, Howard. I'm easy to spot, I have purple hair! We just got upgraded to a balcony on Baha, forward. Trying to figure out how bad the motion will be.

Maureen

Hi Maureen

I'll be easy to spot also. Our daughter, son-in-law, and three under six grandchildren. Our 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter has bright red hair.

Howard

Wow. Awesome family group. Do you go on your our roll call? Lots of activities, including one for st Kitts.

I am on the roll call.

The grand-kids love the beach and this is their first cruise. They all have good appetites, love sea food including lobster, shrimp, clams, mussels and ice cream.

Wait till they see this volcano on the children's menu.

36436570016_6d50621a88_k.jpgVolcano on the Children's menu by Howard, on Flickr

Howard

You answered your own ??