Extra days Crown and Anchor points

pgaedke

we are currently on the now extended, Allure of the Seas sailing.

The question came up this evening as to CA points for unplanned extra days. Do you get 'em? If you are forced to sail extra days to avoid a storm, do you get points for the extra days on board?

The question came up this evening as to CA points for unplanned extra days. Do you get 'em? If you are forced to sail extra days to avoid a storm, do you get points for the extra days on board?

No, but lots do anyway.

Incredible really that cities are going to get destroyed, ports decimated and people killed, and people are worrying how many C&A points they're going to get for extra nights spent onboard

Why not. Has it got so every time something happens we have to stop our life. By the way, I was evacuated for a week for Harvey

Why not. Has it got so every time something happens we have to stop our life. By the way, I was evacuated for a week for Harvey

Not at all. Some people are getting a few extra free days on a cruise ship at present. They're lucky to be doing so.

There are bigger problems going on at the moment than 'how many C&A points am I going to get' though

There have been continuous briefings on the ship TV channel on Allure. This point was answered by the hotel director two days ago. The answer is YES, you get extra points for the extra days. Now we aren't back yet, but this was a question submitted to the staff from C&A members. Of course if you are on the next cruise starting 9/13 you only get 4 points (assuming it goes as currently scheduled). RCI website is still showing the next cruise overnighting in Nassau. Our waiter said they were told next cruise will go back to Costa Maya. Guest Services honestly didn't know. Given location of Jose it could threaten Bahamas, and if there is doubt we will go back west (my guess).

Not at all. Some people are getting a few extra free days on a cruise ship at present. They're lucky to be doing so.

There are bigger problems going on at the moment than 'how many C&A points am I going to get' though

This is very true, but if you want to think about those more important things right now, why are you hanging out on a cruise forum right now?

Sounds like if your so worried about loss of life and devastation, you should troll the Red Cross page. It amazes me that people feel their opinion is so needed that they must give it.

I'm currently on this sailing. For some of us, it's not a "treat" to be here an extra few days. We will make the most of it. But it would be nice to be home in Florida. That being said, first thing I asked was, wonder if we will get extra crown and anchor points. I stopped by guest services and the guy their said yes.

Betcha weren't expecting some of those responses. :rolleyes: I get that some people have other commitments and being stuck at sea is not always champagne and balloons. Try to enjoy.

I agree. That thought never entered my mind.