On board equinox

dkjretired

Nice day, 5 hour Mi Dushi snorkeling trip, three different sites including a large German freighter which was scuttled during WW II, good views. Nice crew, good lunch and drinks.! We also did a rope swing off the ship.

Summer of 63 left the ship today, they were guest entertainers, not scheduled to return.

Also there is no way all of us from Oct 27 cruise are going to fit in the Passport Bar! ;)That roll call list is huge.

Not everyone that is on the roll call signs up for the Connection Party. There are also many like me that do sign up and then don't bother going as it isn't at a convenient time or place and sometimes don't get the notice or get it a day late.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Interesting. Where did you see this? What was #1?

Rich,

Been a fan of the Seasons for years. Have seen them in concert 4 times. Have also seen "The Jersey Boys" 6 times.

I do not know the first four most played were.

Don, did not mean to take your report off topic. I an sorry. :)

Rich,

Been a fan of the Seasons for years. Have seen them in concert 4 times. Have also seen "The Jersey Boys" 6 times.

I do not know the first four most played were.

Don, did not mean to take your report off topic. I an sorry. :)

Funny story Ed from college days, mid 60s. Group of us we're going to see the seasons at a college in Northern NJ. I was driving stopped at a traffic light, guy next to me is beeping his horn and rolled down the window. It was Frankie asking how to get to the college. He followed me and made the concert.

Did you see one of the last seasons of the Sopranos when Frankie got whacked.

Edited by dkjretired

Nice day, 5 hour Mi Dushi snorkeling trip, three different sites including a large German freighter which was scuttled during WW II, good views. Nice crew, good lunch and drinks.! We also did a rope swing off the ship.

Summer of 63 left the ship today, they were guest entertainers, not scheduled to return.

We did Mi Dushi a few years ago, one of the funnest excursions we've been on!

That's too bad. I was looking forward to seeing them. Great story about Frankie Valli looking for the venue.

Texed, the Four Seasons were my favorite group back in the day. Never saw them live, but did see tge show on Broadway when it was going to a limited run that wound up lasting 11 years. Great music and a great story. A good friend saw Frankie a few years ago and said alas, he doesn't have the range he used to, but who does?!

What port? This sounds like a great trip.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Yeah, we're on the Oct 6th sailing and we're also due to stop in Falmouth. We were there a few years ago, when it was still being built up, so it'll be interesting to see what shape it's in now.

A word of caution. The dock area is gated and safe, but wander outside and there's no guaranteeing your safety. Falmouth is a shanty town and it doesn't even feel safe! We were on a private tour and one of the group was looking for a specific liquour (Sheridan's), which we eventually found in a little shop in Falmouth town. I was personally very relieved to get back to the relative safety of the gated area! Other than that, it was a fabulous tour!!

Looking forward to your impressions of Falmouth Don. We got notified today that our October 27 sailing is also stopping there in place of Key West.

Rich;

We have been there before and agree with Guindalf. Typical shopping area, gated and don't leave the area. Not sure what we're doing that day.

Haha! I saw the rope swing off the ship comment and had to backtrack and read twice!:D I didn't get the connection to the excursion 1st time. Pictures in my mind of rope swings off the ship.....!:eek:

I get it, realize it could be taken another way when I said it.

I was driving stopped at a traffic light, guy next to me is beeping his horn and rolled down the window. It was Frankie asking how to get to the college. He followed me and made the concert.

Did you see one of the last seasons of the Sopranos when Frankie got whacked.

Don,

Great story. I did not follow the Sopranos, but I did tune in a couple of times to check out his acting. Not bad. :)

Yeah, we're on the Oct 6th sailing and we're also due to stop in Falmouth. We were there a few years ago, when it was still being built up, so it'll be interesting to see what shape it's in now.

A word of caution. The dock area is gated and safe, but wander outside and there's no guaranteeing your safety. Falmouth is a shanty town and it doesn't even feel safe! We were on a private tour and one of the group was looking for a specific liquour (Sheridan's), which we eventually found in a little shop in Falmouth town. I was personally very relieved to get back to the relative safety of the gated area! Other than that, it was a fabulous tour!!

They sell that on the ship..usually.

We are enjoying your posts. November 6th we will be in Cabin #1666 on the Equinox. Will your butler still be on board?

I'll ask, probably so since he just got on board with this cruise. Room is wonderful, there is a huge porthole in the room. Wife sits in it and reads.

Wow, grew up in Irvington until College than moved down the shore and then Pa. still own our house in Jersey. I think this was their first show, if I run into them I'll see how long ther're on board.

They have a site on Facebook, December of 63.

You are absolutely a bonifide Jersey boy : you wrote "down the shore"!!

I lived in Ocean County until moving to Bonita Springs, FL a few years ago.:cool:

Since you are on board, could you tell me if the All Aboard time in port is the same as the time listed on the itinerary ? So if listed as 8am- 5 PM

on the itinerary, everyone is on board at 5 ?

The all aboard time has been a half hour before the listed time.

Weird CC party, held at Passport bar which is open and we had a large group. People walk by and ask what's going on should be in a closed room. The other thing that Celebrity should do is have us put our screen names on the name tags. I've been saying this for years, we don't know each other by our names.

Now for the weirdness, Cruise director said a couple of things and introduced the officers who did not speak. He then turned the mike over to the people running slot pull and cabin crawl. Last woman finished her comments and went to give mike to CD but all the officers and CD were gone.'quite awkward and everybody left. I think setting up the equipment took longer than the meeting.

This must be the norm. now for the CC M&M as we had same experience on the previous Equinox sailing, very little input from the ships reps.

This must be the norm. now for the CC M&M as we had same experience on the previous Equinox sailing, very little input from the ships reps.

My observation for as long as I've been cruising Celebrity (about 15 years) and attending the meetings is that the ship will facilitate putting it together for those that have registered. Apart from a brief introduction by an officer or two it's up to the group to organise themselves and get whatever out of it they want. I'm sure with a meeting like this held every cruise that the crew have seen their fair of cruisers with differing attitudes, from the very quiet to those that want to run the show.

Occasionally you'll have a Master who will have more input (ex-Captain Papadopolous is one who immediately springs to mind), but that hasn't been the norm. I'm also afraid to say that some CCers see themselves as much more important than they really are. I've seen it on roll calls and the ship and it's embarrassing.

Phil