Liberty Itinerary Changes, Dec 3 sailing

txjim09

That was actually my first initial thought too. Them saying it was for service was the only thing that made me think differently but I had no idea the other sailings were showing Nassau as well. I wouldn't mind the change so much if we at least made more than 1 port! I wonder what the extra entertainment will be as well....

I hope it's as good as our extra Liberty entertainment. The best Eagles tribute group I ever saw! Almost as good as the real thing.

We are on December 17th sailing. I just called Crown and Anchor and they still show the itinerary to Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel.

I think it's an I.T. thing.

My assumption (never assume) is that the only itinerary changed is December 3, 2017.

After thinking about it and seeing how quickly some of the ports are coming back, I think it is an IT thing also. It is really far in advance to be changing the itinerary. I think all the ports will do everything possible to be open as quickly as they can. The cruises are a huge source of income for the ports and they certainly need the income desperately. As far as the service, it surely has nothing to do with propulsion as the Liberty would have to travel at near full speed to get to Nassau in one sailing day.

It's a scheduled service...much like you schedule a oil change for your car and any other regular upkeep. I wouldn't think it is worth wondering if the ship will have "trouble" getting to the destination, it certainly isn't in danger of breaking down...it's just a planned service.

If it it is a scheduled service, rather underhand to announce it "just" after final payment.

We were looking to rebook the original itinerary in February. This morning the cruise was not showing up on website but I got a quote from C&A. Tonight it is back on the website, showing original itinerary as someone else mentioned but when you try to book it shows Nassau and the price has gone up! Hard to know these days what is a glitch and what isn't.

My second theory is wih all the port closures, they are re-routing (logistics) cruises with ports that are closed to the western Caribbean that didn't get hit. RCCL said they will not go to ports until the islands have fully recovered. (Which is not going to happen by our cruise) so I'm sure the cruise ports can not handle all the ships docked and the increased people at one time. So that's partly why we are stuck in Nassau? My 2 cents

Your choice. If you don't like the new itinerary, get your money back plus the 15% FCC and reschedule.

It's probably just a maintenance issue.

They're not going to compromise the safety of 3000 passengers.

If it were mechanical and compromising passengers safety......They wouldn't wait until Dec!

I hope it's an it thing. Right now it looks like all of the Costa Maya cruises show Nassau instead. It doesn't show up on the cruise planner but if you go to book a new cruise it shows there is a change in itinerary on all of them once you click into it.

I hope it's an it thing. Right now it looks like all of the Costa Maya cruises show Nassau instead. It doesn't show up on the cruise planner but if you go to book a new cruise it shows there is a change in itinerary on all of them once you click into it.

Just the Dec 3, 2017 itinerary has been changed. Other dates are just glitches.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh, dang!

Not sure if my daughter would let me go, anyway. The baby (if he arrives on time) will only be 7 weeks old. :)

Awwww early congrats. Try, try to get away but speaking as a grandma, those precious babies do come first.

Lots of theories, "I think" posts. Until I know for sure, it's all supposition. How unplanned is a stop in Nassau more than 2 months away?

I have no fears, no theories. I am just going to sit back on that pool deck with an adult beverage and my kindle, eat good and enjoy someone else making my bed, replacing clean towels in the bathroom. Oh and meeting Carol-Merion Mom :cool: One can only hope.

(snip)

Lots of theories, "I think" posts. Until I know for sure, it's all supposition. How unplanned is a stop in Nassau more than 2 months away?

I have no fears, no theories. I am just going to sit back on that pool deck with an adult beverage and my kindle, eat good and enjoy someone else making my bed, replacing clean towels in the bathroom. Oh and meeting Carol-Merion Mom :cool: One can only hope.

Yup, sounds like it's pretty well planned out to me! Costly, too, given the 50% credit.

Cruise was booked more for the Liberty than the itinerary (been to those places before.) Going to take the credit, tour the new destination a bit but basically enjoy the ship. At lease my wife will, it's her and her cousin on the trip. I'll be up here in North Texas with the dog.

We were booked for this sailing and have since cancelled our reservation. In our "dealings" with RCCL over the phone we were told it was because they will be working on _______ pods? I talked to several supervisors and she read me word for word the underlying issue but I couldn't understand everything she said, just caught that it was something about pods (could it be I was too mad to listen? lol). We kept all our arrangements outside of the cruise (airline, transports, hotel) and have since booked ourselves a room aboard Carnival Breeze. Spending 4 days at sea and 2 in Nassau wasn't going to be what was best for our family. Extremely unprofessional on RCCL part if you asked me, we were on the Liberty the same week last year and had a wonderful time so was definitely looking forward to another great week... Glad we could find other arrangements even if it is going to cost me $1100 more, sigh. When life hands you lemons!

We were booked for this sailing and have since cancelled our reservation. In our "dealings" with RCCL over the phone we were told it was because they will be working on _______ pods? I talked to several supervisors and she read me word for word the underlying issue but I couldn't understand everything she said, just caught that it was something about pods (could it be I was too mad to listen? lol). We kept all our arrangements outside of the cruise (airline, transports, hotel) and have since booked ourselves a room aboard Carnival Breeze. Spending 4 days at sea and 2 in Nassau wasn't going to be what was best for our family. Extremely unprofessional on RCCL part if you asked me, we were on the Liberty the same week last year and had a wonderful time so was definitely looking forward to another great week... Glad we could find other arrangements even if it is going to cost me $1100 more, sigh. When life hands you lemons!

Sounds like they mentioned "azipods". First I've heard something specific about work on the ship planned for Nassau.

Sounds like they mentioned "azipods". First I've heard something specific about work on the ship planned for Nassau.

We had heard azipod as well. I thought they had to get the ship out of the water to replace. Maybe just repair? Or am I wrong about replacing = out of the water? Bob will know.

We had heard azipod as well. I thought they had to get the ship out of the water to replace. Maybe just repair? Or am I wrong about replacing = out of the water? Bob will know.

Bob does not know, and defers to the Chief Engineer.