Liberty Itinerary Changes, Dec 3 sailing

txjim09

Got an e-mail and follow-on phone call from Royal, the Dec 3 departure has changed from Western Caribbean to a 7 day Bahamas cruise with 3 nights in Nassau.

They are offering 50% refundable credit, additional entertainment and discounts at Atlantis if you remain on the cruise. If you change, refund of fare + 15% future cruise credit.

"While planning for service, Logistics will require us to dock in Nassau, Bahamas on December 5 2017,"

Three nights in Nassau, I imagine that will not be popular with some folks. At least they are offering a full refund.

Neither option is very palatable considering the excitement we had looking forward to the cruise. A new port that we hadn't been to before, good scuba dive spots and getting to try the slides. When combined with a really good group rate getting half back doesn't make up for going to a port where we don't even get off the ship if it's in our itin. or a full refund when we wouldn't be able to find something else at this point as good. :(

Since the only thing that I'm aware of worth doing in the Bahamas is Atlantis they ought to GIVE us passes not just offer them at a discount that doesn't actually seem like much of a discount.

Maybe a stupid question, but why aren't they doing the western route?

Oh, in re-reading OP post, it's for ship service?

One day in Nassau isn't high on our list but it won't stop us from booking an otherwise good itin. But 3 nights???? Good grief.

Good question, it's like they have to be docked for something.

I would surely like to know what LB needs done in Nassau!

I was looking at other threads to see if there was a mechanical issue being discussed but nothing popped up. Perhaps early December cruises are not fully booked so they took the least disruptive week to perform whatever maintenance is required.

My friends just returned from Nassau and spent a week at the NEW Grand Hyatt. They said it was fantastic and never left the resort.

Next time i get "stuck" in Nassau.....I think I'll shoot over there.

Goodbye Atlantis!

d21a6feca2ecfcc8ce39b667568c3a69.jpg

d80ad7956036f255efc74879f4bd5d7e.jpg

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

My friends just returned from Nassau and spent a week at the NEW Grand Hyatt. They said it was fantastic and never left the resort.

Next time i get "stuck" in Nassau.....I think I'll shoot over there.

Goodbye Atlantis!

Is this the new name for Baha Mar, or is this a different property?

Yes...I believe so.

They opened sometime during the summer

When we were in Nassau a few weeks ago, one of the locals mentioned that the property had been sold, but he didn't know to whom. I believe it was originally built by a Chinese company that ran into some financial troubles.

When we were in Nassau a few weeks ago, one of the locals mentioned that the property had been sold, but he didn't know to whom. I believe it was originally built by a Chinese company that ran into some financial troubles.
That's what I was told. Got 90% complete and sat for 2 years.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We are scheduled on Liberty out of Galveston on December 3rd. It's supposed to be an eastern Caribbean itinerary and I just got an email today saying that due to service that we will need to be in Nassau on December 5th. SO now all we are doing is sailing to Nassau and staying to nights and coming back. Still 7 days. My question is obviously the ship needs work has anyone ever been on a cruise like? Is it worth going? Are we going to have any trouble getting there? Should we just cancel and do something else? Can we still do all the excursions? Thanks!

There is quite a lot to do in Nassau.

The Baha Mar puts Atlantis to shame! It's gorgeous. The only problem is- unless you go to gamble, there's nothing to do there unlike Atlantis. We like to gamble so we really enjoy BahaMar. They used to let non guests wander all around the pool areas but. It anymore..they don't offer day passes.