Liberty Itinerary Changes, Dec 3 sailing

txjim09

I was looking at other threads to see if there was a mechanical issue being discussed but nothing popped up. Perhaps early December cruises are not fully booked so they took the least disruptive week to perform whatever maintenance is required.

This has to be it. This week is one of the cheapest iteneraries to book all year. What also stinks is that if you want to book a different date, they will not honor any promos you got like kids sale free. Ridiculous

I for one would like to know what they plan on working on for the maintenance issues since we are booked in October. While it must be something that they can wait on its also something they are having to disrupt a normal cruise week for instead of regular maintenance without passengers aboard. OR is this a new way of performing maintenance that we may start seeing in the future?????

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This has to be it. This week is one of the cheapest iteneraries to book all year. What also stinks is that if you want to book a different date, they will not honor any promos you got like kids sale free. Ridiculous

You can keep your cruise and get 50% back as REFUNDABLE OBC. That's a pretty nice deal.

It's a good deal. If I was on the cruise I would head over to the new BahaMar resort for a couple of days, using my refundable OBC.

Sounds like a great solution. The only other cruise option out of Galveston is the Breeze. If airfare is flexible, then you do have 5 different 7 day options out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale on 12/3.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

If the problem is propulsion, I'll be fine if they lop off the Falmouth stop on our October 22nd LB cruise. One of the rerouted Eastern cruises will have a spot at the pier, and I don't have to spend another day at Falmouth. Win-win! :cool:

Oh, and don't forget that OBC for ruining my vacation...;p

We are scheduled on Liberty out of Galveston on December 3rd. It's supposed to be an eastern Caribbean itinerary and I just got an email today saying that due to service that we will need to be in Nassau on December 5th. SO now all we are doing is sailing to Nassau and staying to nights and coming back. Still 7 days. My question is obviously the ship needs work has anyone ever been on a cruise like? Is it worth going? Are we going to have any trouble getting there? Should we just cancel and do something else? Can we still do all the excursions? Thanks!

It's a scheduled service...much like you schedule a oil change for your car and any other regular upkeep. I wouldn't think it is worth wondering if the ship will have "trouble" getting to the destination, it certainly isn't in danger of breaking down...it's just a planned service.

It's a scheduled service...much like you schedule a oil change for your car and any other regular upkeep. I wouldn't think it is worth wondering if the ship will have "trouble" getting to the destination, it certainly isn't in danger of breaking down...it's just a planned service.

Yes it's a "planned service " but just now planned. It hasn't been out of dry dock that long so must be something wrong for them to change a cruise for a service. For if it was truly planned I think they would have scheduled this cruise originally as a bahamas cruise so they would not have to change an itinerary. I mean they are offering us 1/2 back! That doesn't sound planned to me.

Yes it's a "planned service " but just now planned. It hasn't been out of dry dock that long so must be something wrong for them to change a cruise for a service. For if it was truly planned I think they would have scheduled this cruise originally as a bahamas cruise so they would not have to change an itinerary. I mean they are offering us 1/2 back! That doesn't sound planned to me.

Last drydock was Jan/Feb 2016.

I actually think something else may be going on. I think Liberty is being bumped off all her Roatan, Costa Maya, Cozumel routes to make room from rerouted ships from Florida that were going to do the Eastern Caribbean route. We are booked on the Feb 11, 2018 sailing and if you go to book that sailing you get a box saying the itinerary has changed to 3 nights in Nassau! Haven't received an email yet but looks like this may not be an error on the website like I thought. Every sailing sailing that was to have done this route through Feb that I checked is now showing Nassau if you select the cruise to book. Shows the original route until you actually select it. The alternate weeks are still going to Grand Cayman Cozumel and Falmouth.

I actually think something else may be going on. I think Liberty is being bumped off all her Roatan, Costa Maya, Cozumel routes to make room from rerouted ships from Florida that were going to do the Eastern Caribbean route. We are booked on the Feb 11, 2018 sailing and if you go to book that sailing you get a box saying the itinerary has changed to 3 nights in Nassau! Haven't received an email yet but looks like this may not be an error on the website like I thought. Every sailing sailing that was to have done this route through Feb that I checked is now showing Nassau if you select the cruise to book. Shows the original route until you actually select it. The alternate weeks are still going to Grand Cayman Cozumel and Falmouth.

That was actually my first initial thought too. Them saying it was for service was the only thing that made me think differently but I had no idea the other sailings were showing Nassau as well. I wouldn't mind the change so much if we at least made more than 1 port! I wonder what the extra entertainment will be as well....