New Steakhouse Menu (October 2017)

We had the new Steakhouse menu the first night of our cruise last week. It was the first time offered, so all the staff kept asking our opinion of it. I had the risotto, stuffed mushrooms, and lobster bisque. All were fantastic. My wife and I both got the cowboy steak, but tried different salts. I had the Himalayan and she had the red Hawaiian. You could taste a difference, but they were both excellent. I also got the side of mushrooms to put on my steak. We ordered the Art At The Table. For this, even the chefs came out to watch since they hadn't seen it before. It was fun and different. Unfortunately, we were too stuffed to really enjoy it. An interesting side note, the table next to us asked if they could buy a bottle of wine at half price to take with them, and their server said "no". I asked our server and she sent over our head sever who told us we could buy 1 extra to take with us.

• 3 weeks later...

My BIL and I both love oysters, so seeing this addition to the starters section just made us very happy campers.

Not to mention the risotto, mushroom caps, the Wagyu beef, mac and cheese and whatever the abstract in presentation is.

I'm in and this may be the first cruise where we go more than once.

We've never been to the steakhouse, always just eat in the MDR. When you pay the extra to go to the steakhouse can you:

1.) Request a table for 2 just like you can in the MDR or does it have to be a long drawn out process of sharing a table and waiting on everyone?

2.) Do you order 1 appetizer and 1 steak and 1 dessert, or do you order multiples, like in the MDR?

Hi, Jamman. Do you have any photos or comments to post yet of the Wagyu steak from the new Carnival steakhouse menu? TIA.

The Wagyu steak was fantastic. We got plenty of pictures to share from both our meals there which I will be posting on my review. Wait until you see the smoke & Ice oysters and the art of the table. Simply great! :D

The Wagyu steak was fantastic. We got plenty of pictures to share from both our meals there which I will be posting on my review. Wait until you see the smoke & Ice oysters and the art of the table. Simply great! :D

Looking forward to it !

Please do provide a link to your review here when you get it posted. :)

THANKS

We've never been to the steakhouse, always just eat in the MDR. When you pay the extra to go to the steakhouse can you:

1.) Request a table for 2 just like you can in the MDR or does it have to be a long drawn out process of sharing a table and waiting on everyone?

2.) Do you order 1 appetizer and 1 steak and 1 dessert, or do you order multiples, like in the MDR?

Like private restaurant service, hostess seats you at your own table. You can order a second app or soup. The Lobster Bisque and Onion Soup are excellent. You are only allowed one main course. They are huge. If you could eat 2 desserts, you are a better man than me. The desserts are humongous, wife and I shared one and still did not finish

Like private restaurant service, hostess seats you at your own table. You can order a second app or soup. The Lobster Bisque and Onion Soup are excellent. You are only allowed one main course. They are huge. If you could eat 2 desserts, you are a better man than me. The desserts are humongous, wife and I shared one and still did not finish

Thanks much!!

Happy to see they have added oysters! How many are served as an appetizer? Would love to see some pictures. Is this the only venue to have oysters on the ship? Are they offered at the Seafood Shack?

Notice they have something called "the art of tea." Does any have any pictures or details as to what this is?

What's the fee for the steakhouse?

Are the oysters raw, I hope, the smoke part got me confused. Please tell me the the Wagyu is not a Hanger Steak, not a particular good cut of steak. If so, I'll have to stick with the N.Y. or Filet