Pinnacle name tags

When DH and I were on Harmony late last fall, the suite lounge was full of Pinnacles wearing their pins. We engaged a friendly Pinnacle couple in conversation and they told us they were asked to wear the pins by RCI.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm just going to get it tattooed.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Good one!!!!!

Maybe a body piercing or two ..................to go with it.:o

What the heck, everyone has something they enjoy, and for those that have the opportunity to enjoy many cruises, is awesome.

Recognition with a name badge, is a small way of showing loyalty.

You earned it.

Enjoy accomplishing this.

I will not attain this.

Diamond plus is our goal.

Yea we like the product so we sail RCI

Safe travels.

That's not the way it works in most hotels. Ice is dispensed in a chute and then released into a container. No contamination of the fresh ice.

And you think no child is reaching up in the chute?

:D

I don't know who they were.

Ran into them like 3 times over 7 days.

They had their Pinnacle Pins on every time.

Old & Crabby is all I remember....

Did you know that Old & Crabby used to be Young & Snarky ?

And you think no child is reaching up in the chute?

:D

No, there is a release, it only drops down. Have you never stayed at a Marriott and used the ice machine?????? It's pretty sanitary.

No, there is a release, it only drops down. Have you never stayed at a Marriott and used the ice machine?????? It's pretty sanitary.

Unfortunately, "pretty sanitary" isn't good enough on a cruise ship. I am certain that health rules prohibit these.

In a hotel, if you get something nasty from the ice machine, you probably go on your merry way the next morning, don't show symptoms until later, and may or may not associate your upset with that ice machine.

On a cruise ship, it's a closed environment and then it spreads like wildfire.

Not sure what I would do but I very much respect those who have reached Pinnacle level and want to advertise that fact. IMO you have to be a serious cruise enthusiast and loyal to Royal Caribbean to reach that level..

What I don't get, is how can you be "Loyal to Royal", if you are advertising a specialty restaurant, and a class of ship on another line? :D:p

https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/topics/news/holland-america-line-to-build-third-pinnacle-class-ship-for-delivery-in-2021/

I apologize if I offended anyone by my thread. I was just asking what I thought was a simple question and I was curious. I know all pinnacles don't wear their name tags.

sellwingri, It's amazing how asking a simple question gets people in a tiff. As another poster said, It generally makes things go easier when crew knows someone is Pinnacle.

Unfortunately, "pretty sanitary" isn't good enough on a cruise ship. I am certain that health rules prohibit these.

In a hotel, if you get something nasty from the ice machine, you probably go on your merry way the next morning, don't show symptoms until later, and may or may not associate your upset with that ice machine.

On a cruise ship, it's a closed environment and then it spreads like wildfire.

Oh baloney - if you think the ice that the cabin steward is putting in your ice bucket is germ free you're kidding yourself.

And no, I don't believe there are any regulations concerning ice because Princess has buckets of ice where people can use a scoop with right at the beverage station - germs all over the place. And I'm sure the lemon containers and thongs that all cruise ships have are completely sanitary.

I'm all for self service ice machines on ships, but it probably won't happen but not for health reasons.

One of the funniest conversations I ever heard about status was on Quantum. It was just us and two other guys seated at a table in the windjammer. The guys didn't know each other. One says to the other one, "What's your Crown and Anchor status?" Response: Emerald. 1st guy says: "Oh, I'm above you. I'm Platinum". Other guy gets up and leaves. Then, I cracked up laughing. Couldn't help it. Mr. Platinum says "What's so funny?" I just said "Well, if you go and read more about C and A levels, you'll know the answer to that." Then we left.

So, yes, all levels have their snobs. We were D+ then but I chose not to volunteer that info. He probably thought Platinum was "above" that. I do think on another line that Platinum is an upper level. Maybe he was confused. I didn't care to investigate, and resisted my inner teacher urge (39 years of teaching) to educate him.

I'll see your 'Snob' and raise you :) On our 2nd cruise, (2015), we were approached by a very snooty female passenger (English). 'Tell me,' she commanded imperiously, 'Have you taken many cruises?'

I told her it was our 2nd cruise and gave the name of the cruise line. 'Was your cruise on the (name of boat) because my GARDENER takes cruises on that boat ...'

I was wetting myself with repressed laughter so had to rely on my wife to rescue us by replying coolly, 'No, it was the boat below the Gardener's ...'.

Always with panache ...

And that cruise has passed into our cruise folklore - 'The Cruise Below the Gardener's' ;);)

I'll see your 'Snob' and raise you :) On our 2nd cruise, (2015), we were approached by a very snooty female passenger (English). 'Tell me,' she commanded imperiously, 'Have you taken many cruises?'

I told her it was our 2nd cruise and gave the name of the cruise line. 'Was your cruise on the (name of boat) because my GARDENER takes cruises on that boat ...'

I was wetting myself with repressed laughter so had to rely on my wife to rescue us by replying coolly, 'No, it was the boat below the Gardener's ...'.

Always with panache ...

And that cruise has passed into our cruise folklore - 'The Cruise Below the Gardener's' ;);)

Thank you for bringing a great laugh to my day. That is what makes cruising so fun.....The people. all the different people and their quirks and great stories they leave us with to bring smiles to other peoples faces. Are we gossips no way, just repeating the facts.

On our most recent experience on RCI,.... the most cruised couple in the Concierge lounge was wearing matching t-shirts silk screened with "I don't give a rats a$$"...certainly a complement to the Pinnacle pin.;)

Oh baloney - if you think the ice that the cabin steward is putting in your ice bucket is germ free you're kidding yourself.

And no, I don't believe there are any regulations concerning ice because Princess has buckets of ice where people can use a scoop with right at the beverage station - germs all over the place. And I'm sure the lemon containers and thongs that all cruise ships have are completely sanitary.

I'm all for self service ice machines on ships, but it probably won't happen but not for health reasons.

I knew that passengers sometimes bring them on board, but I had no idea that the cruise ships themselves had thongs! :eek:

On our most recent experience on RCI,.... the most cruised couple in the Concierge lounge was wearing matching t-shirts silk screened with "I don't give a rats a$$"...certainly a complement to the Pinnacle pin.;)

Before I reached the stage of needing 2 hip replacements, I belonged to a motorbike club in Glasgow. The members included a husband & wife team, Eve & Doug, who each rode their own bikes and who frequently wore matching or complementary t-shirts under their leather jackets.

My favourite pairing was Eve's t-shirt back 'If you can read this, it's because he's too mean to let me ride'; and Doug's t-shirt back 'If you read this, she's fallen off ...' :D

I knew that passengers sometimes bring them on board, but I had no idea that the cruise ships themselves had thongs! :eek:

You always seem to love to correct spelling, grammar, and typos. :evilsmile:

Before I reached the stage of needing 2 hip replacements, I belonged to a motorbike club in Glasgow. The members included a husband & wife team, Eve & Doug, who each rode their own bikes and who frequently wore matching or complementary t-shirts under their leather jackets.

My favourite pairing was Eve's t-shirt back 'If you can read this, it's because he's too mean to let me ride'; and Doug's t-shirt back 'If you read this, she's fallen off ...' :D

More laughs and MM I laughed at the thong or was that tongs....if I had not read your comment, I would not have read the other post carefully as I quickly skim most.

Keep laughing everyone......