Purchasing water

Yes. This question is asked and answered at least 5 times a week on this board. Doesn't anyone search anymore?

There's about 20-30 questions that are asked in different ways and if they were not then you couldn't get your post count up that high so you should be thankful....:rolleyes:

is it possible to buy water and check it in suitcase at port?

The water package prices are horrible.

Don't let people like cruisinfanatic keep you from asking whatever questions you want to. Most are not like this person...

I personally find the tap water on board is perfectly drinkable and it's free. Although I do understand that it will not be to everyone's taste.

Remember that if you are buying a deluxe or refreshment package that these include water already.

Yes. This question is asked and answered at least 5 times a week on this board. Doesn't anyone search anymore?

I love this response. It so does reinforce the stereotypical behaviour that we foreigners expect to see from your part of the world. What I also like is that your answer basically works for every question ever asked here, and even better it's an answer you could use on every page of a multi-page thread. Keep this up and you'll be at 20k posts in no time.

I love this response. It so does reinforce the stereotypical behaviour that we foreigners expect to see from your part of the world. What I also like is that your answer basically works for every question ever asked here, and even better it's an answer you could use on every page of a multi-page thread. Keep this up and you'll be at 20k posts in no time.

This makes me sad that other countries perceive us Americans this way. While there are some areas of our country where people are considered more rude than others, I think for the most part we are nice. What makes me even more sad is that the person who started this thread will think all people who post on CC are rude and he will refrain from asking anything else.

is it possible to buy water and check it in suitcase at port?

The water package prices are horrible.

Too bad you don’t use Viking Ocean they give you a bottle of water at every shore excursion and it cold . Nice benefit!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

True but you don’t have to put up with a great deal of areas that the larger ships make you deal with

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Next question - what exactly does this have to do with the OP's question about bringing water onboard a Royal Caribbean ship. I could see if he asked how can I spend $1000's of extra dollars to get a couple $0.10 bottles of water "free".

When you pay that much more for the cruise, I would hope they could give you more than bottled water.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

Yes you pay more but you also don’t have the crowds around the main attractions on the ship. It’s just different , no kids - not that I have any problem with kids . I just like adult time ! The shore excursions are wonderful - you can hear the guide and see the attractions without any additional distractions ! After all, parents need time away from their kids, so that they can appreciate them once they return . So remember, a smaller well run ship with excellent food and adult beverages does cost more - but it’s worth it . So leave your water slides and kids with your parents and be pampered ! You will be pleasantly surprised!

Just wondering, is everything all right? You are not usually this rude to other members. I hope all is OK your way.

Just a factual response directed at no one specific. I don't see your concern

You judge foreigners by what you read on forums? Well that's pretty sad. Don't see what my post count has to do with anything

;)........this

Just a factual response directed at no one specific. I don't see your concern

You judge foreigners by what you read on forums? Well that's pretty sad. Don't see what my post count has to do with anything

And the snark continues.. did someone per in your oatmeal?

The other day, it was asked 3 times in the same day. The threads were never more than a few lines apart.

Yes you pay more but you also don’t have the crowds around the main attractions on the ship. It’s just different , no kids - not that I have any problem with kids . I just like adult time ! The shore excursions are wonderful - you can hear the guide and see the attractions without any additional distractions ! After all, parents need time away from their kids, so that they can appreciate them once they return . So remember, a smaller well run ship with excellent food and adult beverages does cost more - but it’s worth it . So leave your water slides and kids with your parents and be pampered ! You will be pleasantly surprised!

There are several "upper tier" cruise lines that give you a completely different experience than what you will get on RCI for a LOT more money. I think any idio could tell you that. If that's what you want, by all means sail with them. My question is why on earth are you touting this on the RCI boards? Makes no sense at all.

Just got off Oasis and packed a 24 pack of bottled water- it made it through just fine. I know the ship's water tastes fine and I drink it at dinner etc- but I do believe there is some sodium in the ships water and my body is very sensitive to sodium so I like bottled- just my 0.02[emoji3]

I never had a problem. Long as you put it on a duffle bag or some bag that has handles makes it easier for the porters. I always have a $5 bill in my hand to tip for my luggage so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Like I said before long as you willing to gamble a 4-5$ case of water. Just know you might lose it that's all. :)

Some cruise 'water' facts and tidbits even tho I agree this question DOES come up about every 3 hours!!!!

not all bottled water is the same ......

'simple bottled water' is usually labeled 'purified' ... this is water that is purified thru the reverse osmosis process - but could be LESS and simply filtered. Typically some salt and other minerals are added back for taste.

distilled water is purified via heat distillation and is "pure" .. nothing but water (water is boiled to steam, the steam is cooled and condensation collected)

bottled SPRING water is bottled unmodified from the source but may contain significant natural salts and minerals .... since the minerals were not ADDED they need not be listed on the label.

cruise ships produce the majority of water consumed on board (and used for cooking, ice, washing etc) via the reverse osmosis method or distillation. The newer the ship the higher the percentage/probability of the water you drink having been a product of reverse osmosis as this process keeps coming down in cost. Water that is distilled is typically using 'waste heat' from the engines but IME the waste heat is not enuf for a full distillation so it is used to 'pretreat water' and reduce the load on the RO units ....

When speaking of cruise ships doing 'closed loop cruises' from the US to the Carib' .... IME they try to avoid taking on potable water in the islands as the holding, testing and treatment rules enforced by the CDC are much different than those for water they MAKE.

IN SUMMARY ... ship drinking water is probably as good or 'better' than bottled 'purified' water, but may taste different. BTW, Danasi, Nestle, store brands are typically simple RO water sourced locally. In other words local tap water run thru an RO unit and then salts added BACK for flavor.

folks from 'over there' are simply not used to drinking tap water IME. In a resturaunt, a glass of water is NOT automatic, over there. One must order water which comes bottled and one must remember to specify sparkling or still ..... and it appears on the bill.

The other day, it was asked 3 times in the same day. The threads were never more than a few lines apart.

Poor people don't get a break. When they do perform a search and post on an old thread, they get criticized for bringing back the thread.