Upsell fairy just called...Help

dmw1952

Upsell fairy just called with an upgrade from our JS cabin 9618 to a GS cabin 1268 for a total of $850. It's for the Oct. 28, 2017 Adventure of the Seas which is the 2nd week of our B2B. I'm having a very hard time deciding if it's worth the extra bucks. We have never been in a GS but, do love the location of our JS. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Input from prior GS guests would be appreciated. Must make decision today. Thanks

Diane

Thanks Biker, I tried to get free gratuities thrown in with it but, that was a no go even though suites are currently getting them on new bookings. $700 for an OS is very good compared to $850 for a GS. Still trying to figure out if we'd be getting $850 worth of incentives to do upgrade. We're thinking not. Any other input appreciated. Thanks

Diane

Upsell fairy just called with an upgrade from our JS cabin 9618 to a GS cabin 1268 for a total of $850. It's for the Oct. 28, 2017 Adventure of the Seas which is the 2nd week of our B2B. I'm having a very hard time deciding if it's worth the extra bucks. We have never been in a GS but, do love the location of our JS. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Input from prior GS guests would be appreciated. Must make decision today. Thanks

Diane

Honestly I would pass...if you like the location of your JR suite then definitely pass. Adventure is one of my favorite ships and doing a b2b over the holidays on her this year but the rooms are still a bit on the older side so the upgrade isn't worth $850 and a less desirable location.

If this was Harmony I would jump at it.

That is a lot of money and it be nice not to have to change cabins. Another thing, I would not have stateroom 1268 because right on top of you are the whirlpools and pool and such and every night they be washing that floor or early early am, it will wake you up. Stay where you are, your mid ship, next to elevator/staircase a perfect location and deck.

I like GS.

Instead of the walk in closet, you get 3 full height closets and one half height. 8 deep drawers and 2 shallow ones. These are in the "bar" area.

Bathroom has large counter with two sink bowls. Plenty of counter space for everything. Plus drawers and two cabinets with a shelf.

Large balcony with table and chairs plus two loungers.

You get free room service. Expanded room service menu. Lounge access with free drinks in the evening. Reserved seating in the theater.

Also expedited disembarkation. Leaving the ship, we were 9 minutes from leaving the lounge to putting bags in the car.

Your choice.

A big" Thank You" to everyone that responded. All of your responses were things I had not even thought about or taken into consideration. I was too caught up in the excitement of finally getting my first call for an upgrade even though it was an upsell. I happily turned down the upsell & have no regrets.

Diane