Changes for elite laundry

TERESAh

I’d love it if they offered you the option of so many tokens (number dependent on the cruise length) instead of free laundry by the staff... much easier on the staff, and there would still be a fair number of elites that would send in laundry vs doing their laundry themselves.

That is a great idea! I prefer to do my own. Have read too many reviews of clothes issues when done by staff. It would be great to have a choice of free tokens and staff done. I may suggest that on next cruise survey.

Did not keep up with thread, just responding to last post. No way would it be a benefit to the cruise line to give tokens. Can you imagine elites complaining that there are not enough machines.

I have heard to many stories about fights, in the laundry room. In fact on a Majestic June cruise, 2 couples were removed from the ship due 2 an altercation in the laundry room. When I have relayed this incident to others you would not believe the stories I have heard about rudeness in "the rooms". I have only used the room except to press. So have experienced no problems but the stories I have heard!!!...I really don't think the cruise line would want to deal with havoc that they cannot control. And then the next thing will be people selling tokens on e-bay. Just sayin'

Edited by land lover

I use the laundry room on longer cruises for clothes I don’t want shrunk, stretched or holey. Have had all 3 happen to clothes sent to the ship’s laundry. When I use the laundry machines, I stay there until I am finished washing/drying. So far haven’t encountered any fighting

Just off the Island. Turn around for Laundry was 24 hours. Sent it in in the evening and was back the next evening. I too think the Laundry services are a bit harsh on the cloths. I'm careful what when send.

I use the laundry room on longer cruises for clothes I don’t want shrunk, stretched or holey. Have had all 3 happen to clothes sent to the ship’s laundry. When I use the laundry machines, I stay there until I am finished washing/drying. So far haven’t encountered any fighting

Same here on all accounts.

As far as rude people you can find them anywhere not just in a ship's laundry room.

I don't know the details of the fights but I do know from using laundry rooms in RV Parks that problems occur when people put their laundry in a washer or dryer and leave the laundry room then someone comes in and finds stopped machines with clothes in them......hardly would pay them to sit there for more than 5 minutes waiting for the owner to return and then not remove the items... so they remove the clothes and the owner comes in mad as can be. Most people would say "sorry..I waited for you to return but couldn't wait any longer" and leave it at that rather than fight about it.

Yes, many would complain there are not enough machines if Elites were given coins but how many Elites that already don't use their money to self-wash rather than have the ship destroy their clothes would opt to do their own laundry when on a cruise taking up their valuable "fun time".

Just off the Island. Turn around for Laundry was 24 hours. Sent it in in the evening and was back the next evening. I too think the Laundry services are a bit harsh on the cloths. I'm careful what when send.

Thanks for posting.

We board the Island in 18 days and hope things stay the same should we need to send something.

Did not keep up with thread, just responding to last post. No way would it be a benefit to the cruise line to give tokens. Can you imagine elites complaining that there are not enough machines.

I have heard to many stories about fights, in the laundry room. In fact on a Majestic June cruise, 2 couples were removed from the ship due 2 an altercation in the laundry room. When I have relayed this incident to others you would not believe the stories I have heard about rudeness in "the rooms". I have only used the room except to press. So have experienced no problems but the stories I have heard!!!...I really don't think the cruise line would want to deal with havoc that they cannot control. And then the next thing will be people selling tokens on e-bay. Just sayin'

Laundry Rage is not uncommon.

Amen. We are Elite and don’t even bother with the “free” laundry for the most part. I do my own, since I trust it won’t shrink.

Elite is elite. Maybe Princess should do away with that perk or start limiting the perk to two bags per cabin like some other cruise lines do. Princess giveth, but Princess can also taketh away. [emoji57]

Careful, I suggested something like that on a prior discussion, limiting to one bag every few days and someone on here stated that “unlike you I change my underwear every day”. OUCH!

People can really get their knickers in a knot over this subject.

But that poster was likely a super elite, not one of the new upstart Elites like me, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think there may be something to the idea that these long delays on returning laundry might be to discourage Elite folks from sending too much. On a TA a couple of years ago our laundry was returned after four days and was so badly wrinkled it was almost unwearable. I suspected at the time it might have been sitting there for some time before being delivered. Our steward seemed a little uncomfortable (not towards us) when we inquired what was taking so long.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Careful, I suggested something like that on a prior discussion, limiting to one bag every few days and someone on here stated that “unlike you I change my underwear every day”. OUCH!

People can really get their knickers in a knot over this subject.

But that poster was likely a super elite, not one of the new upstart Elites like me, lol.

I remember that discussion and that reply to you very well. And it was a well known regular on here whos credibility dropped several notches in my mind with that reply.

I still say a non refundable laundry credit to your account when you board the ship based on the exact number of days you will be on the cruise would be perfect. It would be very easy to administer as every item already has a dollar value which is charged to your account and then credited back if you are Elite.

This system would put some controls on the amount of laundry and would create a future potential perk (a higher laundry allowance per day or even unlimited laundry) if they decide to create a higher loyalty level.

AE_Collector