Changes for elite laundry

TERESAh

We hardly use it either but Yehootu feels that if the higher Elites were give special treatment it would only take away from his benefit. :loudcry:

That's unfortunate and if it every comes to it I still doubt if I would change my opinion of their laundry service. All benefits of the Elites have been diminished over the years due the great numbers of people rising to the level.

It's about time some of the upper catagory were give superior service.

The upper category of Elites do get OBC. I don't know of anything else that they get.

The upper category of Elites do get OBC. I don't know of anything else that they get.

I'm well aware of that loyalty OBC.

It's the dilution laundry benefit due to more & more people becoming Elite every year that's of concern. We hardly use the benefit but if we do it only means a much longer wait.

I'm well aware of that loyalty OBC.

It's the dilution laundry benefit due to more & more people becoming Elite every year that's of concern. We hardly use the benefit but if we do it only means a much longer wait.

I really think it has to do with the cruise and how many Elites that are on the cruise then number qualifying for Elite each year....I have no idea if more and more Elites are qualifying or not then in the past? I do know some cruises we are on there and not that many Elites and other cruises there are a large number of Elites.....we have seen the number of days on laundry return vary too accordingly....we have found that our cabin steward can work wonders with the laundry staff if we are really really nice to him/her....:D

Elite privileges are for all of those that have qualified for it. .

I don't get your point.

There are currently some benefits that go to high-day cruisers, and not to all elite.

Most traveled lunch, and loyalty bonus for instance.

If there is too much elite laundry, this would seem to be a reasonable way to handle it.

Regardless, you are welcome to bow down to me, as you wish...

There are currently some benefits that go to high-day cruisers, and not to all elite.

Most traveled lunch, and loyalty bonus for instance.

I may be wrong but didn't that just change recently to only Elite passengers?

I though I read that if there aren't sufficient Elites that want to go to the function the invitation it wouldn't be offered to Platinum.

4 day turnaround on the Royal at the moment, 85% passengers are elites

Is this a “guess” or a confirmed 85% Elite leaving only 15% of passengers to be divided amoungst Blue Cards, Gold, Ruby and Platinum? I ask because I seem to recall you previously claiming something like 80% Elite on a cruise.

Of course while 100% Elite is a possibility, even 85% seems very VERY unlikely to me to ever happen. We were on a cruise with LOTS of Elites and three day Elite laundry recently. Captains Circle host made a big deal of ALL the Elites onboard, there were 1200 Elites out of 3000 passengers. (40%) (Emerald Princess)

Again, 85% Elite seems like a number pulled out of thin air as opposed to a confirmed number.

AE_Collector

Clarified number of elites onboard the Royal at the moment, according to captain circle rep it’s 1600 passengers, so I’m not sure what percentage that is. Walking down corridors almost every cabin has a black card on it.

I think you're right as we asked our room steward to check on our laundry after 3 days and he said he was told not to return it for 96 hours, but after we asked him to check on it it was all done and in our room in half an hour

This is obviously some miss communication between the steward and his supervisor. The supervisor most likely said to tell the passengers that it could take up to 96 hours and he understood it to mean don't bring it back for 96 hours. I can't see how holding clean laundry in the laundry room would benefit anyone.

Amen. We are Elite and don’t even bother with the “free” laundry for the most part. I do my own, since I trust it won’t shrink.

Elite is elite. Maybe Princess should do away with that perk or start limiting the perk to two bags per cabin like some other cruise lines do. Princess giveth, but Princess can also taketh away. [emoji57]

If they are going to offer it perhaps add more people doing laundry.

We are Diamond on Carnival and they offer free laundry to Platinums and Diamonds (Platinums get limited # of bags Diamonds unlimited)

Recently went on 14 day cruise on Carnival with over 1000 platinums and diamonds and laundry returned same day if given to steward by 10 am.

How is it possible that Carnival can do this but Princess can not?

I think you're right as we asked our room steward to check on our laundry after 3 days and he said he was told not to return it for 96 hours, but after we asked him to check on it it was all done and in our room in half an hour

This is obviously some miss communication between the steward and his supervisor. The supervisor most likely said to tell the passengers that it could take up to 96 hours and he understood it to mean don't bring it back for 96 hours. I can't see how holding clean laundry in the laundry room would benefit anyone.

I should hope it was a miscommunication. I can't believe they would just delay returning it if it was already clean and dry.

we just returned from a TA cruise on Caribbean Princess and since it was. 15 day cruise looked forward to our free laundry. The new rules are they don't return your laundry for 96 hours. Our cruise ended on a Saturday so we were advised Tuesday would be the last day for laundry. Not a big deal we managed just fine but wish we had known about the new rules when we packed.

I'm sure this has been correctly responded to many times already, but the fact is just that there are more elites now and they are abusing the system. We have seen evidence where one cabin turned in 30 bags of laundry during a 10-day voyage. Was it all theirs, probably not, but some do bring on less than minimum amount of clothing and turn it in every day.

The 96-hour figure is set based upon some SWAG and to give a little wiggle room if something doesn't come back in 3 days. Those that are either full suite holders or VIPs do get their laundry back within 2 days or less.

I would suspect that at some time the laundry policy will need to be adjusted. It's a nice perk among the kinda OK perks that Elite passengers are given. For those of us that that have taken 25-day and 29-day voyages as we have in the last year, it is a great perk from a packing and practical standpoint of not having to spend hours in the laundromat.

I often wonder how many Elite passengers try to help reduce the load on the laundry in other ways especially on Cruises where the 3-4 day laundry notice has been received.

We always hang our towels up after use and reuse them for about three days. But where I really notice a waste of laundry resources is on Lido Deck. If we head to Lido to lounge for a bit we take our pool towel from our room, use it and take it back to our room afterwards to use a couple more times. If it is a spontaneous lounge for a few minutes we don’t need a towel.

Other people seem to have to cover every square inch of lounge chairs with towels and roll up more towels to prop up here and there and then either leave the whole pile on the lounge when they leave or stuff the works into the towel return bin. If you use this many towels I would think you would help make up for it by folding them and taking them with you to use again but the only person I see occasionally folding a towel to take with them is the person who is happy with one towel. Can you imagine the reduction at the laundry if everyone were more considerate in this area especially on the Cruises with a high percentage of Elites?

AE_Collector

We often get on the ship with about 5-6 days of laundry due to travel and pre-cruise stays (especially if we are going to Europe). That means we turn in around 3 bags as soon as we get on board and then it is about 2 bags every 3 days or so (and we are only 2 people). Families with children are going to have much more laundry.

We did Panama Canal on Island Princess last year, out of 2000 pax, 1000 were Elites according to Captains Circle Host. Complimentary Laundry took 4 days to come back, so much was going in there plus one of the big laundry machines broke. There are so many Elite pax on Princess these days and there are a few that really make a welter of the complimentary laundry. I reckon one bag per cabin every 3 days is fair.

Mention was made on here of pax bringing on 5 or 6 bags of dirty laundry then sending it to the complimentary laundry on day 1 of the cruise, I don't think that is fair.

If you have 2 adults and 2 teenagers in a cabin believe me you will have more laundry in 3 days than you can stuff in one of those bags without breaking it. Also if you have been traveling 4-6 days before boarding you are going to have dirty laundry. However it should only be used for those in the cabin not their friends and relatives who are not elite in separate cabins .

So, question....I just made elite on last cruise but was afraid to use. Do you only send pjs etc? I heard clothes are sometimes being returned a bit shrunk. Any advice appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If at all possible utilize the "cleaning" and not the washing service.

Never give them anything that hasn't been dried at home in a hot dryer.

Most importantly- NEVER give them anything of value or something that you care about & don't want damaged. .

First time being Elite.

Is it 1 bag per day or can I put out 2 bags per day. I will be doing a few days pre and post cruise stays in London, I am trying to cut down on the clothes I have to take.

Yes two bags are fine and quite normal the first few days of a cruise, your cabin will have 2 bags hanging in the closet on embarkation day, and usually your cabin steward will replace them as you use them.

If they're not replaced automatically just ask your steward he has extras on his cart.

Srpilo