Changes for elite laundry

TERESAh

If it seems like a long time...pay for your laundry....and it can be returned the next day.....just sayin'

If you want the elite service sometimes you'll wait....

Honestly from having clothing lost(and I am not the only one) to having items shrunk and ripped, I still drip dry many of my items.

Edited by land lover

I only send my husband's underwear and socks to the laundry. Nothing ever goes wrong there. Can't send gym clothes because I do not know if they will use fabric softener as that damages the fibers. We always start our European / Asian cruises with a four to five day pre cruise holiday and I give our steward all the laundry on the first day and I normally get it back by the end of day 2.

It’s just because there were more Elite passengers. It happens all the time.

Tony

Poor wording. No it doesn’t happen all the time. It happens on some cruises that have unusually high percentage of Elites onboard.

We have only ever had the notice card (on occasion) indicating that it would be 3 days, never 4 or 5 days. This card doesn’t automatically mean it will take 3 days, we have had next day, 2 days or 3 days evening cruises with the card saying 3 days. If you leave the bag for the steward when you go for dinner you have missed the 6 pm cut off time making it potentially seem like an additional day.

AE_Collector

Recently off of the Crown TA and there was a note in our Cabin that it would take

four days for laundry. We went to the Circle Host and asked what the problem was.

Quite frankly, she had a "take it or leave it" attitude.

We came back to our Cabin and decided to "leave it".

E-mailed our TA and cancelled two Princess cruses.

(Total days: 59). Rebooked with an other Cruise Line.

When is a perk not a perk? When it isn't available. "Free" laundry is fast becoming a phantom perk, and some of us frequent Princess cruisers (37 voyages) are becoming phantoms as well.

That was the Royal TA. Was nasty.

Recently off of the Crown TA and there was a note in our Cabin that it would take

four days for laundry.

We went to the Circle Host and asked what the problem was.

Quite frankly, she had a "take it or leave it" attitude.

We came back to our Cabin and decided to "leave it".

E-mailed our TA and cancelled two Princess cruses.

(Total days: 59)

Rebooked with an other Cruise Line.

We did the T/A on Crown this year and we will never go on that ship again, not because of laundry just the general attitude, poor food and service.

Our Fall Foliage cruise this year for the first time ever we sailed Celebrity rather than book Crown. That is money totally lost to Carnival Corp. Our family group had 5 cabins.

No doubt Crown still sailed full though which is why Princess don't care.

Princess need to either expand the laundry or make the perk only for 500 day or more passengers.

Princess need to either expand the laundry or make the perk only for 500 day or more passengers.

Since expanding the laundry facilities is probably out of the question the only logical thing is to limit the laundry for all those Elites with higher days.

At least the perk would be worth something.

We are on the Regal right now. Doing a B2B. First cruise laundry came back the next day. On turn around day, we received the notice that laundry would take 3-4 Days to be returned. There are a lot of Elite on this second cruise.

Do it yourself laundry is pricey!! $3 for wash and another $3 to dry. On HAL Amsterdam, the machines were $1 for wash and free for dryers!

Cheers, Denise

We are on the Regal right now. Doing a B2B. First cruise laundry came back the next day. On turn around day, we received the notice that laundry would take 3-4 Days to be returned. There are a lot of Elite on this second cruise.

Do it yourself laundry is pricey!! $3 for wash and another $3 to dry. On HAL Amsterdam, the machines were $1 for wash and free for dryers!

Cheers, Denise

We were just on Celebrity Summit. No laundromat. We had to use shoretime on port days to find and use a laundromat IF we wanted to launder clothing.

A paper bag of clothing to be washed which was the same size as the Princess one was $49. IMHO Celebrity really gouge you on any board spending.

Fortunately due to Southwest Airlines 2 free 50pound checked bag policy we had ample clean clothing to wear.

I only send my husband's underwear and socks to the laundry. Nothing ever goes wrong there. Can't send gym clothes because I do not know if they will use fabric softener as that damages the fibers. We always start our European / Asian cruises with a four to five day pre cruise holiday and I give our steward all the laundry on the first day and I normally get it back by the end of day 2.

I was sending out DH's underwear too. Returned home from a cruise and after doing laundry noticed that his underwear was full of tiny pinpoint holes. Looked like swiss cheese when held up to the light. Bought him travel underwear from Magellan, bring Woolite and wash ourselves. Have had many tee shirts come back with tiny holes. Took one tee shirt down to Customer Service and they had the hole stitched. Now we hand wash anything we don't won't to have come back stretched/shrunk/holey. We make use of the laundry room for our "smart casual" clothing.

I was sending out DH's underwear too. Returned home from a cruise and after doing laundry noticed that his underwear was full of tiny pinpoint holes. Looked like swiss cheese when held up to the light. Bought him travel underwear from Magellan, bring Woolite and wash ourselves. Have had many tee shirts come back with tiny holes. Took one tee shirt down to Customer Service and they had the hole stitched. Now we hand wash anything we don't won't to have come back stretched/shrunk/holey. We make use of the laundry room for our "smart casual" clothing.

That seems to be one of the major problems along with having things shrunk. It's just easier to wash out underwear & socks in the sink instead of waiting for them to be washed.

It's just easier to wash out underwear & socks in the sink instead of waiting for them to be washed.

Amusingly, this is where the "Ship's water is the best thing ever" folks are washing

their water bottle before they refill it.

Yum.

We did the T/A on Crown this year and we will never go on that ship again, not because of laundry just the general attitude, poor food and service.

Our Fall Foliage cruise this year for the first time ever we sailed Celebrity rather than book Crown. That is money totally lost to Carnival Corp. Our family group had 5 cabins.

No doubt Crown still sailed full though which is why Princess don't care.

We were on the TA this August/September and had great service. Our cabin steward was terrific and our wait staff very good in the main dining room. I thought the entertainment was quite good as well. The only thing I didn't care for was the Salty Dog Pub. With so many elites on board it did take longer to get our laundry back. They seemed to have some problems in that department. A lot of people had misplaced laundry. They lost our underwear once but it was all found thanks to our wonderful steward.

Cheers, Denise

Myself, if I can afford a cruise I can afford $6 for washing and drying clothes...

We were just on Celebrity Summit. No laundromat. We had to use shoretime on port days to find and use a laundromat IF we wanted to launder clothing.

A paper bag of clothing to be washed which was the same size as the Princess one was $49. IMHO Celebrity really gouge you on any board spending.

Fortunately due to Southwest Airlines 2 free 50pound checked bag policy we had ample clean clothing to wear.

We were astounded at the $49 per bag price on X, especially since it was only around 25-30$ per bag a couple years ago. However, we decided to launder our own personables and just send out four other items using $17 of our $775 OBC instead.

Since expanding the laundry facilities is probably out of the question the only logical thing is to limit the laundry for all those Elites with higher days.

At least the perk would be worth something.

Elite privileges are for all of those that have qualified for it. . Here's a suggestion for you 2 "super Elites", notice small s.

Look for a room with a Blue Card on their door, Knock on it, Be sure to have your shiny Elite card well displayed. When the person answers, be sure to advise them to Bow to your super level of greatness. Advise them that for the privilege of having you in their presence, that they shall now proceed directly to the ships laundry and wash, iron and return your laundry. After all you have over 500 days on a Princess ship.

Some people just can't get out of their own way. How would you have felt as a " Junior Elite" member to have to bow to your senior elites so that they could get their "special"perks. My Mother is an Elite and would never suggest that anyone with the earned status would think they were better than ANYONE else. You're the one who's easy to pick out onboard with your almighty attitude.

Elite privileges are for all of those that have qualified for it. . Here's a suggestion for you 2 "super Elites", notice small s.

Look for a room with a Blue Card on their door, Knock on it, Be sure to have your shiny Elite card well displayed. When the person answers, be sure to advise them to Bow to your super level of greatness. Advise them that for the privilege of having you in their presence, that they shall now proceed directly to the ships laundry and wash, iron and return your laundry. After all you have over 500 days on a Princess ship.

Some people just can't get out of their own way. How would you have felt as a " Junior Elite" member to have to bow to your senior elites so that they could get their "special"perks. My Mother is an Elite and would never suggest that anyone with the earned status would think they were better than ANYONE else. You're the one who's easy to pick out onboard with your almighty attitude.

Amen. We are Elite and don’t even bother with the “free” laundry for the most part. I do my own, since I trust it won’t shrink.

Elite is elite. Maybe Princess should do away with that perk or start limiting the perk to two bags per cabin like some other cruise lines do. Princess giveth, but Princess can also taketh away. [emoji57]

Amen. We are Elite and don’t even bother with the “free” laundry for the most part. I do my own, since I trust it won’t shrink.

Elite is elite. Maybe Princess should do away with that perk or start limiting the perk to two bags per cabin like some other cruise lines do. Princess giveth, but Princess can also taketh away. [emoji57]

We hardly use it either but Yehootu feels that if the higher Elites were give special treatment it would only take away from his benefit. :loudcry:

That's unfortunate and if it every comes to it I still doubt if I would change my opinion of their laundry service. All benefits of the Elites have been diminished over the years due the great numbers of people rising to the level.

It's about time some of the upper catagory were give superior service.

The 'short cruises' are a contributing factor, especially for those of us who can drive to the ports.

I get more credit towards becoming elite by taking a B2B 2day/4day ( Regal 11/13) than someone else who takes a 10 day Panama Canal. Sure, they get 1 cruise 10 days, but I get 2 cruises