Weather En Route to Hawaii

Tutone56

We've done 4 cruises to Hawaii in late March or early April. I think you definitely need some long pants/jeans and a light weight jacket or sweater the first 2 days on the way there - and the last 2 days on the way back. Aloha

We've done 4 cruises to Hawaii in late March or early April. I think you definitely need some long pants/jeans and a light weight jacket or sweater the first 2 days on the way there - and the last 2 days on the way back. Aloha

Thanks so much. We’ll be visiting with my son and his family in San Francisco prior to the cruise so we’ll have warm clothes with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We traveled from San Francisco to Hawaii beginning April 29 a couple of years back. The first evening out of San Francisco we had people dropping like flies as the seas were extremely rough. There was no rain or storm just rough seas and it continued into the next morning. Skies were lovely the next morning and it was in the high 60s. People were sitting by the pool in their jackets and that continued for the next two days (I still got burn on my face because of the slight wind and sun). The next couple of days as we approached Oahu were lovely and all the days after that until again we were returning and were in open ocean until we reached Mexico. If you want perfect weather every day, an ocean voyage to Hawaii is not the ticket. A Greek cruise in the summer will give you that!!

We did that cruise in March. The first 2 days and last 2 days of the cruise were cool, in the 60s. The last 2 sea days before Hawaii and the first 2 returning from Hawaii were warmer, in the 70s. The wave heights followed the same pattern. We were really moving the first 2 days!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did this 2 yrs ago round trip from San Francisco. First couple of days seemed very cold to us but we are from Vegas. It didn't get warm until we got close to Hawaii. Watched movies under the stars bundled up in a jacket & blankets. Still enjoyed. It was rough seas on the way over but not awful.

Hawaii has been my favorite cruise to date even through there are a handful of cold days. You start off cold in SF, its about 2.5 to 3 days of cold heading to Hawaii. On the Islands it's amazing weather. Then it's a warm day leaving Hawaii, but not for long. It's about 2 days of cold going to Ensenada. It's not super warm in Ensenada, but nice. Then another cold day heading back to SF.

It's about 6- 6.5 cold days, in my estimation, and how we pack. Love those warm days!! Can't wait for my next cruise to Hawaii!!