Price drop

nj356

After 2 hours and 2 agents, my TA finally got the price drop of $300 for the cabin and keeping the Future Cruises perks. Talk about lack of training and consistency across the Celebrity agents.

It is not lack of training, they merely made an exception.

OP, thanks for starting this thread. I called our big box store - zero hold time to get through but took a few minutes for Celebrity to answer. Kept extra perk for booking on board and received a $300 price drop (I did lose $5 off my cash card). The whole process, including receiving a revised invoice, took 10 minutes, tops. Thanks!!

I monitor prices myself (who cares more about my money than me?!) and noticed my Feb cruise on the Equinox went down $300pp for a C2. Called my X vacation planner and he credited our booking within 30 seconds. $600 savings and kept all the perks. On the reverse our 2019 sailing in an S1 on the Reflection went up $300pp - so glad we're locked in there! And with a refundable deposit :). Unfortunately the Panama Canal cruise in 2018 on the Infinity is sold out in Sky Suites so no savings there this time. I think it really pays to have a good vacation planner, even if I miss out on any TA perks. I would rather deal directly with X myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello

Thank you so much. I checked our 6/18 Bermuda cruise and am receiving $200 reduction.

Cruise critic rocks !:cool:

Since booking my March 24, 2017 cruise on the Equinox, I have been checking to see if the prices dropped.

There was one small which I received. This morning I checked and see there was a larger drop. I booked a CAT C and because I am a CC member I get a CAT B cabin. I called by TA, they called Celebrity and I received the lower price, about $200.00 total and I did not loose any perks. I think this may be a short lived drop so if anything wants to check you better do it soon.

Thank you

Norm

I monitor prices myself (who cares more about my money than me?!) and noticed my Feb cruise on the Equinox went down $300pp for a C2. Called my X vacation planner and he credited our booking within 30 seconds. $600 savings and kept all the perks. On the reverse our 2019 sailing in an S1 on the Reflection went up $300pp - so glad we're locked in there! And with a refundable deposit :). Unfortunately the Panama Canal cruise in 2018 on the Infinity is sold out in Sky Suites so no savings there this time. I think it really pays to have a good vacation planner, even if I miss out on any TA perks. I would rather deal directly with X myself.

My experience exactly...contacted my X planner by email, inside of 5 minutes she had emailed me back a new booking confirmation showing price deduction ($500 C2), no loss of perks, same cabin. Always monitor myself but really value my X planner who follows through on my requests as quickly as she can. :D

Thanks so much to original poster!

Well, I mis-read the reduced price for our next sailing. Thought it was $250/pp but turned out to be only $50/pp since I had them on the phone, took it. Usually if under $101 I would not bother...

I will continue to check from time to time...

bon voyage

I am with you. Checked our sailings and there is a $50 pp reduction on one of our cruises. Not worth the hassle to call or email the big box TA about it. I don't want to risk losing our many perks. Now, if the rate drops further, say $100 pp and up, I may send an email. ;)

Eclipse, 14 day 1/21/18, i was told that final payment date was 10/23 , 90 days prior to sailing. Maybe i'll try calling a few more times and try to score a small OBC or maybe a specialty dinner. Mike in CT

Well out cruise final payment date for Jan 21 Eclipse is Novembe 7 - we booked on board in 2016 if that matters. This is sort of crazy. It appears that only some cabins went down. Not sure. Ours did.

Celebrity changed the due dates in 2016. Those booked before a certain date are under the old 75-day rule. Those booked after that date are under the newer 90-day rule.

I am with you. Checked our sailings and there is a $50 pp reduction on one of our cruises. Not worth the hassle to call or email the big box TA about it. I don't want to risk losing our many perks. Now, if the rate drops further, say $100 pp and up, I may send an email. ;)

i - had no loss of perks either... dodged a bullet on that one for sure! LOL

bon voyage

I’m a little ticked off, the price dropped over 400.00 and my TA couldn’t do anything for me. I guess paying it off with 37 days to go doesn’t help. This is the TA response.

“I just got off the phone with Celebrity and this close to sailing they will not do refund. Normally they would give an upgrade but they do not have any cabins left in the next category. I asked about an on board credit and was told no to that as well.”

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’m a little ticked off, the price dropped over 400.00 and my TA couldn’t do anything for me. I guess paying it off with 37 days to go doesn’t help. This is the TA response.

“I just got off the phone with Celebrity and this close to sailing they will not do refund. Normally they would give an upgrade but they do not have any cabins left in the next category. I asked about an on board credit and was told no to that as well.”

But you weren't ticked off when you made your original booking at the then quoted rate?

It's a gamble. There is no guarantee that rates will ever drop. You got the room you wanted at the price you were happy with at the time you booked.

WOW thats amazing. Mine call took 82 min and I lost 70$ on my gift card from the box store...and the OBC in order to capture the $300 pp fare reduction

WOW thats amazing. Mine call took 82 min and I lost 70$ on my gift card from the box store...and the OBC in order to capture the $300 pp fare reduction

Can you post Celebrity Vacation Planner names and contact information? If so, I would be happy to share with you. He's incredibly helpful and on the ball.

But you weren't ticked off when you made your original booking at the then quoted rate?

It's a gamble. There is no guarantee that rates will ever drop. You got the room you wanted at the price you were happy with at the time you booked.

I’m not sure what your problem is but I’ve seen in this forum that people has gotten credit or upgrade when the price drop. So, to insult me because I was hoping to get the same treatment is uncalled for.

I suspect the people who have gotten price adjustments after final payment were not supposed to get them which is why Celebrity is cracking down and drawing a hard line now. I mean, it's not really fair to everyone else to be told that there will be no adjustments after final payment, and then you call and they give you one anyway. Nice if it happens, but lots of people who are posting on this and similar threads are peeved that they're not automatically getting a lower price, which is just crazy. There's a final payment window for a reason. If you don't like that, then don't book outside that payment window.

Allowing upgrades by paying more is more fair, but that is also dependent on what rooms are available. They are certainly within their rights to dictate what inventory can and cannot be used for that.

I suspect the people who have gotten price adjustments after final payment were not supposed to get them which is why Celebrity is cracking down and drawing a hard line now. I mean, it's not really fair to everyone else to be told that there will be no adjustments after final payment, and then you call and they give you one anyway. Nice if it happens, but lots of people who are posting on this and similar threads are peeved that they're not automatically getting a lower price, which is just crazy. There's a final payment window for a reason. If you don't like that, then don't book outside that payment window.

Allowing upgrades by paying more is more fair, but that is also dependent on what rooms are available. They are certainly within their rights to dictate what inventory can and cannot be used for that.

Thank you for the clarification. I understand that different people get lucky. Truthfully, I was not expecting any refund but I was hoping to get a discounted paid upgrade. I read how people get discounted upgrade. You can't fault a person for trying.

You must be a old miserable person. But you're right life isn't fair. I guess I need to travel more and learn all the tricks you old folks know.

One does not need to be old to be miserable - but I do get that this person must be miserable by the posts that we are seeing. Lots of old folks here and most of us are not miserable. ;p

One does not need to be old to be miserable - but I do get that this person must be miserable by the posts that we are seeing. Lots of old folks here and most of us are not miserable. ;p

Lol, thank you. I was not really referencing to the wonderful retired people. I’m hoping to retire in a couple years.

I think that there may be a lot of confusion regarding final payment date as we are heading into the last of those that have a 75 days out payment date rather than a 90 days out one. So my reduction was based on my final payment not being due yet when others dates had passed. Wishing everyone a great cruise.

“I just got off the phone with Celebrity and this close to sailing they will not do refund. Normally they would give an upgrade but they do not have any cabins left in the next category. I asked about an on board credit and was told no to that as well.

Did you look yourself to see if there were any staterooms available in the next category?