Price drop

nj356

I am so happy; Celebrity just told me that my DH and I are 1,400 pp better than their best deal for me. She could not believe how cheap our suite was!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congratulations

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is Greece and Italy, April 27, 2018. Hi CEO! Are you on this cruise too?

Also, being miserable is definitely a choice. It is so sad that people have to play games with words on CC. We all win some and we lose some...helping one another is a good thing!!!!

Edited by Lastdance

Thanks to OP Nj356, I made a phone call to my travel agent and saved over $800.00 pp! I kept my perks and was even offered another perk for an additional $400.00 but I declined b/c my savings outweighed the offer, i.e if I were to apply that to PP gratuities, I would come out short by over $100.00. So I can say I "earned" over $1,600.00 in bout 15 minutes on the phone. I'm a happy cruiser!!

It is Greece and Italy, April 27, 2018. Hi CEO! Are you on this cruise too?

Yes, I am! I am on a group rate for Aqua, so even with the price drop that we are seeing this week, my group rate is still lower than the current X rate.

I did get a price drop of $150 pp on my Dec 2018 SE Asia cruise. My TA said he made the mistake in his first call by asking for a new quote and the X agent tried to make a new booking, and in his second call he used the term re-price on an existing booking and it was straightforward. We got to keep the Future Cruises perks which was nice (2 perks as opposed to the current offer of 1 perk, plus OBC).

Yes, I am! I am on a group rate for Aqua, so even with the price drop that we are seeing this week, my group rate is still lower than the current X rate.

I did get a price drop of $150 pp on my Dec 2018 SE Asia cruise. My TA said he made the mistake in his first call by asking for a new quote and the X agent tried to make a new booking, and in his second call he used the term re-price on an existing booking and it was straightforward. We got to keep the Future Cruises perks which was nice (2 perks as opposed to the current offer of 1 perk, plus OBC).

Good for you and kudos to your TA too. Yes, he is working out great! I thought you were on that cruise...lots of fun coming our way!

Edited by Lastdance

Rotary Mike, Final payment is not due yet on your cruise according to my paperwork. I guess - lesson learned not to pay early. Does anyone know for sure whether it is the actual payment date or the actual due date that voids the reduction.

I think it's the actual final payment due date (after which penalties start applying for cancellation).

Always monitor myself but really value my X planner who follows through on my requests as quickly as she can.

I have never used a celebrity planner. Always use a TA, but do 'stress' over not being able to contact X myself if I see a price reduction.

For those of you who have used a Celebrity planner, do you keep the same planner year after year (if you choose to, that is), or is it random by the sailing.

I believe I have a good TA. Since the cruise is coming in 37 Days, it’s clear after final payment that trying to make changes is not always good. Perhaps, I just need to be grateful that I’m going on a wonderful vacation.

I believe I have a good TA. Since the cruise is coming in 37 Days, it’s clear after final payment that trying to make changes is not always good. Perhaps, I just need to be grateful that I’m going on a wonderful vacation.

That's the spirit! Enjoy your trip.

The right frame of mind always wins. Have a wonderful cruise and never let the bullies on CC get you down, as they hide behind their negativity.

Thank you NJ356 for your post!! You helped me save $190.00 on my Equinox cruise sailingMarch 10th. I chose the higher priced option of the GOBETTER to keep my 2 perks. Pricing had dropped $400.00 with one perk. So I paid $210.00 to keep my $300.00 onboard credit plus the all important beverage package :cool:.

I was following this post yesterday, and decided to check our Silhouette sailing on November 30, 2018. Noticed that the pricing reduced. We originally booked an Ocean View while on our Infinity cruise in September. We love balconies, but we liked the itinerary and wanted to save a few dollars. I contacted my TA, who finalized things today. We are not saving anything, but moved to a 2B Veranda stateroom (deck 7, no obstructed view) for no additional charge (well, a token $25), and kept our Go Better Classic drink package and $300 OBC. No loss of perks! A "score" in my book! I will follow the pricing, but don't expect better than this. Looking forward to an awesome vacation!! :):D

It is definitely worth checking the fare on a regular basis. I booked a July 2018 cruise on Eclipse while on board Equinox this past April. I started checking the fare in July - lucky for me. The price of a 1A cabin had dropped to the same price as the 2A I booked onboard. I immediately grabbed a 1A cabin. The following week I checked again - and found another price drop which allowed me to upgrade to a C2 cabin $350 pp less than the 1A had been the week prior. I checked pricing again later that in July and the prices had dropped yet again. I upgraded to a A2 cabin for $100 pp less than the C2 fare. I could have kept the C2 cabin and saved $600 pp but was quite happy to move over to AQ so that we could enjoy Blu again. As an aside, I had signed up for a third party fare alert and it didn't alert me to any of the drops I found. Pretty disappointing performance on the part of that website since the fares dropped four times within a four week period. Since August 1, the fares have steadily increased. The current A2 fare is $1300 pp higher than what I am paying. Must admit that I am pretty pleased with my luck for this particular cruise.

Other cruises have gone entirely in the other direction. The fares have gone up and up. I just continue to watch fares for all of my bookings and take the savings or upgrades when the opportunity arises. So long as I am able to cruise, life is good.

. As an aside' date=' I had signed up for a third party fare alert and it didn't alert me to any of the drops I found. Pretty disappointing performance on the part of that website since the fares dropped four times within a four week period. [/quote']

Sounds a little fishy to me.

If it's the site I'm thinking of there are occasional reports from people not receiving alerts. There is a forum on there and if you post they do investigate and fix the problem quickly.

On the flip side I had it emailing me up to 15 times a day after monitoring two cruises, I was being alerted every time a room was gone and back etc. Then it stopped, I thought it was faulty as I didn't receive any emails for several days. Then there were some price differences and it sprung back into life.

It's quite interesting to see how price variations differ between UK and US pricing right now. Depending on which side of the Atlantic you've chosen to book with, some you win, some you lose! I would have thought pricing would have been a bit more uniform than it is though.

I was following this post yesterday, and decided to check our Silhouette sailing on November 30, 2018. Noticed that the pricing reduced. We originally booked an Ocean View while on our Infinity cruise in September. We love balconies, but we liked the itinerary and wanted to save a few dollars. I contacted my TA, who finalized things today. We are not saving anything, but moved to a 2B Veranda stateroom (deck 7, no obstructed view) for no additional charge (well, a token $25), and kept our Go Better Classic drink package and $300 OBC. No loss of perks!

I called in regarding a price drop on a booking originally made on board, and ended up losing 1 of the 2 perks (when I bought back the 2nd perk, I still ended up ahead though).

I'm still not clear on why some price reductions incur a loss of a perk, and others don't....is there any rhyme or reason to this?

As others have stated, I too am happy to be able to cruise, and appreciate price drops when I find them :)

For those of you who have used a Celebrity planner, do you keep the same planner year after year (if you choose to, that is), or is it random by the sailing.

I have one Celebrity Planner that does everything for me. I currently have 3 cruises scheduled and he helps me with all of them. He even keeps track of our preferences and answers questions before I even ask! He's awesome!

I called Celebrity yesterday to try and get a price reduction for 2 upcoming cruises with 2 perks each. The March 2018 one he said went up and the April 7th 2018 one he put me on hold for about 5 minutes and told me he talked with a manger and the price did not drop but I had a great deal with 3 perks! But he is wrong, he tried to tell me that the code for the beverage package was for gratuities too! He must of been new I'm going to call back and hope I get someone more experienced. I sure would like to get a Celebrity Cruise Planner can anyone tell me how they got theirs?? Thanks

I have never used a celebrity planner. Always use a TA, but do 'stress' over not being able to contact X myself if I see a price reduction.

Always keep the same one...gets to know your preferences, etc. First one was promoted to supervisor after a few years, only had one other and she is 'great'! I like to have a grip on my own booking/monitoring, but X planner follows through with any and all requests to the best of her ability. If she doesn't have the authority she quickly contacts those who do. This to me is the benefit of using the same planner via Celebrity.

I suspect the people who have gotten price adjustments after final payment were not supposed to get them which is why Celebrity is cracking down and drawing a hard line now. I mean, it's not really fair to everyone else to be told that there will be no adjustments after final payment, and then you call and they give you one anyway. Nice if it happens, but lots of people who are posting on this and similar threads are peeved that they're not automatically getting a lower price, which is just crazy. There's a final payment window for a reason. If you don't like that, then don't book outside that payment window.

Allowing upgrades by paying more is more fair, but that is also dependent on what rooms are available. They are certainly within their rights to dictate what inventory can and cannot be used for that.

Not sure posters are saying they get a price break AFTER final payment. My experience is that has never happened for us, but we have been offered a higher cabin category (sometimes extra $$s) if available for same amount we paid for lower category. I do think Celebrity is being fair - it's a business.

I got a terrific upgrade for next to nothing. I booked a Thanksgiving 2018 cruise on the Infinity (11/19) originally because I had looked at Disney, who wanted $4000 for a 4 night cruise inside cabin the same week. I am a Disney nut, but there was NO WAY. After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I knew I could do better, so I found the infinity for less than 1/4 of that price, and 5 nights instead of 4 for an inside cabin. Anyway, I just checked and prices have gone down so much that for only $40 extra, I upgraded all the way to Concierge (C3) and also got $300 OBC. WOW!!

Not knocking Disney, I know someone will actually pay that price, but I'd rather have 4 cruises on another line instead of 1 on them. My 12 year old son this past summer had a choice of another cruise line (not Disney) with lots of bells and whistles and kids activities or Celebrity, which he's been on before, and he said he prefers Celebrity because "their service is tons better." Quite a discriminating palate for a 12 year old, so I knew he'd be just fine with the Infinity for thanksgiving 2018.