Price drop

nj356

I called in regarding a price drop on a booking originally made on board, and ended up losing 1 of the 2 perks (when I bought back the 2nd perk, I still ended up ahead though).

I'm still not clear on why some price reductions incur a loss of a perk, and others don't....is there any rhyme or reason to this?

As others have stated, I too am happy to be able to cruise, and appreciate price drops when I find them :)

See if it makes sense with my case. When I booked on board, the cruise only had 1 perk but Future Cruises said they could get me 2 perks plus some OBC. The first Future Cruises person who helped me put both perks in using some standard codes and clearly it added $210 for the 2nd perk. His supervisor also worked with guests and usually spent part of her day in Michael's Club to help with guests in the lounge. I happened to be looking over the printed invoice and saw that the 2nd perk was not free as it was coded to show the $210 pp additional out of pocket cost. I asked her and she said that person who helped me had not coded it correctly. She changed it to a different code that showed zero cost to that 2nd perk. I think that made the 2 perks carry over to changes to cruise itinerary and price adjustment. I had also moved this first booked cruise to another cruise on my return to land and while that cruise only had 1 free perk and the perks carried over fine. This week when my TA asked for a price adjustment, the 2 perks remained because of how they were coded in the system.

See if it makes sense with my case. When I booked on board, the cruise only had 1 perk but Future Cruises said they could get me 2 perks plus some OBC. The first Future Cruises person who helped me put both perks in using some standard codes and clearly it added $210 for the 2nd perk. His supervisor also worked with guests and usually spent part of her day in Michael's Club to help with guests in the lounge. I happened to be looking over the printed invoice and saw that the 2nd perk was not free as it was coded to show the $210 pp additional out of pocket cost. I asked her and she said that person who helped me had not coded it correctly. She changed it to a different code that showed zero cost to that 2nd perk. I think that made the 2 perks carry over to changes to cruise itinerary and price adjustment. I had also moved this first booked cruise to another cruise on my return to land and while that cruise only had 1 free perk and the perks carried over fine. This week when my TA asked for a price adjustment, the 2 perks remained because of how they were coded in the system.

Ok, I think I'm following the logic... Thank you.

Do you by chance have the coding of the perks when they were put on your booking originally (so that they were carried over). I usually book my next cruise onboard. So in my case I also had the $210 additional charge for the 2nd perk. Wonder if I could have avoided that if it had originally been coded differently. So knowing the coding may give me something to work with next time I'm sitting at the future cruise desk :)

Always keep the same one...gets to know your preferences, etc. First one was promoted to supervisor after a few years, only had one other and she is 'great'! I like to have a grip on my own booking/monitoring, but X planner follows through with any and all requests to the best of her ability. If she doesn't have the authority she quickly contacts those who do. This to me is the benefit of using the same planner via Celebrity.

Are you allowed to post their name on cruise Critic to refer others to them (the celebrity cruise planner name I mean)? If not, how did you 'find' the cruise planner in the first place?

I think I may try a cruise planner next time. I always use a TA, who is great, but I don't get the loads of additional OBC that I read about others getting with online TAs, AND I always feel like I'm imposing when I do find a price reduction, and have to ask the TA to call in to get it.

I gotta say, I love this sharing of positive information on Cruise Critic. It's so nice to help others and be helped [emoji7]

Are you allowed to post their name on cruise Critic to refer others to them (the celebrity cruise planner name I mean)? If not, how did you 'find' the cruise planner in the first place?

I think I may try a cruise planner next time. I always use a TA, who is great, but I don't get the loads of additional OBC that I read about others getting with online TAs, AND I always feel like I'm imposing when I do find a price reduction, and have to ask the TA to call in to get it.

I gotta say, I love this sharing of positive information on Cruise Critic. It's so nice to help others and be helped [emoji7]

I don't know if we're disallowed from advising our X TA's name. Several years ago I called Celebrity directly looking for info on a cruise. Transferred to travel planners dept, who 'assigned' me one from the pool I guess. So helpful I booked with him. Worked out really well, never changed until he was promoted; next TA was equally helpful. Phone 1-888-307-8413. My agent's ext is 13359 but anyone at central number I'm sure will do a super job. Yes, CC is a great place to share info and find out so much you wouldn't elsewhere. Thanks to all posters. I have friends who'd like to know how I found out 'such and such'...I point them to Cruise Critic.

Question for fellow cruisers. When you book a cruise do you have a certain dollar PP that you consider to be a great low fare. Some people say $100-$125 pp per day. Would this include gratutuities and port fees and

taxes or do you just go by fare only. I personally consider everything. If total is $1200 on a 4 night cruise . Its $150 per couple including drinks and $300 OBC.thoughts?

Question for fellow cruisers. When you book a cruise do you have a certain dollar PP that you consider to be a great low fare. Some people say $100-$125 pp per day. Would this include gratutuities and port fees and

taxes or do you just go by fare only. I personally consider everything. If total is $1200 on a 4 night cruise . Its $150 per couple including drinks and $300 OBC.thoughts?

It's very much a personal thing. We sail in AQ or SS cabins and I have differing values on a per person per night basis for those.

It does of course have some variables, such as S or M class ship, itinerary (can make a very large difference), included perks etc. You need to bear in mind that a Celebrity cruise to Norway will be considerably more expensive than one in the Caribbean etc.

Edge SS pricing in Europe falls well out of scope because at an average of around $600 pppn currently you can simply book a suite on a true 6 star line with comparable itinerary and I don't believe the Edge experience will be as good.

I just called Celebrity to change our cabin on the Edge transatlantic sailing. I was given the name of

the vacation planner that we had on our last cruise but she couldn't give me a number to call for her.

We have been on 3 Celebrity cruises so far with 3 more booked and was never told we had a vacation

planner. Why are we not told this when we book, usually on board? How do the rest of you know you

have a Celebrity vacation planner? Thanks.

I have never used a celebrity planner. Always use a TA, but do 'stress' over not being able to contact X myself if I see a price reduction.

For those of you who have used a Celebrity planner, do you keep the same planner year after year (if you choose to, that is), or is it random by the sailing.

I use the same planner for all my bookings. She is outstanding. She caught the price drop on two of my upcoming cruises and made the adjustment before I even knew there was a change. Saved $300 on one cruise and $400 on another.

We're a few days outside of final payment for our February cruise. Prices did drop a decent amount. At initial booking, our TA rate was lower than anything else I found direct or through Celebrity with two perks and additional TA OBC. I emailed her and she said she could put together a few options. Price-wise we could probably get a substantial category upgrade and there are a handful of 'prime' cabins available. Worth a shot...

I just called Celebrity to change our cabin on the Edge transatlantic sailing. I was given the name of

the vacation planner that we had on our last cruise but she couldn't give me a number to call for her.

We have been on 3 Celebrity cruises so far with 3 more booked and was never told we had a vacation

planner. Why are we not told this when we book, usually on board? How do the rest of you know you

If you book onboard you can transfer that booking to a TA or call Celebrity and ask for an X planner to transfer it to. When you call the X planning dept you'll get 'anyone' there so you should ask if they are a personal planner. If you like that person you would ask for or email them each time you would like information or to book a cruise. Hope this helps.

We've been using the same CVP for many years now and she is GREAT! I booked a cruise for February a few days ago and today I recalled that we had gotten a "thank you for sailing" e-mail offer of a OBC on a future cruise some time in September. I couldn't find the email but called her and left a message. Within 30 minutes she called back to tell me that the OBC was applied. The best part is, we were booking a Royal Suite and she suggested that the Senior Rate would save us money but we would not have any OBC or prepaid gratuities. We now have both the Senior Rate and a $200 OBC. This is the first time we have been able to take advantage of one of these e-mail offers.

Although we have never used one, I get a call after each on-board booking because I 'de-certify' the TA of record. As I sometimes use an agent before the most recent etc... really, it is how I feel which will determine if I return or not.. So I release them on the current cruise and then decide if I want to return.

Is it possible for them to send a message to the planner to call you?

bon voyage

We haven't had a TA for some time now. And I always tell the future cruise person that when booking onboard. How do I

"decertify" the TA we used to have? I was told by Celebrity to just call their # and ask for our planner by name. How would I ask Celebrity to have her call me?

We haven't had a TA for some time now. And I always tell the future cruise person that when booking onboard. How do I

"decertify" the TA we used to have? I was told by Celebrity to just call their # and ask for our planner by name. How would I ask Celebrity to have her call me?

I'm not sure I understand your question. If you have her # just call her and leave a message. If you book a cruise on board take the info and give the booking agent the name of your CVP, along with her extension.

New to Celebrity and booked on Equinox Sept 14 Aqua Class. When I first called to inquire about booking, I was given a vacation planner. I spoke to her once and told her what I wanted to book, itinerary and asked her to contact me if there was a "sale" and/or reduced deposit. No call back so I just booked with whomever answered . On my own, I found a small drop and got it immediately upon calling from whomever answered. Eventually someone called and introduced herself as my new vacation planner because the original one was now her supervisor. She thought we were booked on Eclipse and had the wrong date. Thanks to this post, I just found a $300 reduction so I called and got it from whomever answered. My question is, is the CVP supposed to call me with price drops? Am I supposed to call him/her when I see a drop?