Price drop

nj356

I was told the name I was given when I called yesterday was our vacation planner for our last cruise (Equinox in Oct.) so why has she never contacted us? I am so confused. I didn't even know we had a vacation planner. No one has ever mentioned it to us.

Planner doesn't call you for business - might seem like harassment IMO. You look online or respond to emails for the X cruise you wish to sail then you call your planner. If you don't have one, anyone answering will book for you. If you had one on a prior cruise (even though you didn't think one had been assigned) the person answering will know your prior agent's name and will advise you (guess it's a professional courtesy to not cut into that person's clientele). If you don't think that person has given you good service it's entirely appropriate for your next cruise to just call the generic number and start with a new agent. I also don't think they canvass the public in such a way to conflict with travel agencies doing a great job for cruisers. Just provides a choice to deal with Celebrity directly.

Looks like we are getting a planner. I called Celebrity and don't know if the person was new but she didn't seem to know about a travel planner. She talked with her supervisor and then told me that we can be assigned a planner. She said she

will email me when we have one. Stay tuned for further developments. :D

We haven't had a TA for some time now. And I always tell the future cruise person that when booking onboard. How do I

"decertify" the TA we used to have? I was told by Celebrity to just call their # and ask for our planner by name. How would I ask Celebrity to have her call me?

g - are you talking about decertifying a Travel Agent? If so, when booking let X know you do not want to use that TA, they will forward a one page sheet for you to complete, sign and return for this and viola, done. If you are talking about a X Personal Travel Planner, I would think a quick call will take care of that as well.

Whomever answers the phone when you call, leave the message to either call or email you, make sure that both items are current in their system... make sure you ask who the planner is for your future reference or if they do not get back right away you have the info...

bon voyage

We told Celebrity a long time ago that we no longer wanted to use our TA and wanted to book direct with them - which we have been doing for 5 cruises now. Nothing was ever said to us about decertifying our old TA nor were we given anything to sign.

g - sorry about that, yet the next time you have a chat or even before, you can call and ask for the form to withdraw the TA of record.

They must not have thought about it, as well, it can be a bear (as I Am told) to get the TA removed after it is sent to them....

bon voyage

We told Celebrity a long time ago that we no longer wanted to use our TA and wanted to book direct with them - which we have been doing for 5 cruises now. Nothing was ever said to us about decertifying our old TA nor were we given anything to sign.

Our X cruise planer was terrible ext.1336*. We change to a different TA the one that sells hotdogs for $1,50 we save $ 3,000 for 2 of us

Plus lots of perks and a cash card $$$

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have never had to sign anything to remove a TA from the record, either. I remove the TA as a matter of course when booking onboard because I then shop around for the best deal and transfer to the chosen TA within the timeframe. The onboard people have also always asked me if I wanted the booking to stay with the same TA before they proceed.

Our X cruise planer was terrible ext.1336*. We change to a different TA the one that sells hotdogs for $1,50 we save $ 3,000 for 2 of us Plus lots of perks and a cash card $$$ s - LOL, thank you for the number! You loss is my gain... bon voyage Sent from my iPad using Forums

s - LOL, thank you for the number! You loss is my gain...

bon voyage

I have never had to sign anything to remove a TA from the record, either. I remove the TA as a matter of course when booking onboard because I then shop around for the best deal and transfer to the chosen TA within the timeframe. The onboard people have also always asked me if I wanted the booking to stay with the same TA before they proceed.

b - okay, that is different. On each sailing I have been provided with a form to complete and sign indicating that the TA who managed the current sailing is no longer the TA of record for me.

Your way worked, which is good.

bon voayge

My daughter has just informed me that we DID sign a paper releasing our TA. Another senior moment for me. She also said we signed a paper last month on the Equinox (releasing the Celebrity person I had booked a cruise with) when we changed something on the cruise onboard with a future cruises person. Still haven't heard back from Celebrity about our "assigned travel planner".

I noticed the priced dropped on our upcoming Oz cruise so I called out TA and changed from a C3 to a balcony gty. Saved $1700 (but lost free gratuities and a little OBC, still have the bevy and other OBC). I already got my new cabin assigned and it's about 1/3 the way down the ship on the same deck. We went from a C3 near the rear elevators to a 1B near the front elevators. I'm pretty happy with that change! Only reason we booked concierge was because the price difference from a regular Veranda was about $50 at the time. The C3 priced had also dropped but only $400 and we still lost the grats and some OBC so almost a wash. My net savings will be about $1200 from this change. That will almost pay for one plane ticket!! SCORE:D

unlike aT/A the CVP does not monitor prices and I have never been called to book a cruise. I like having control of my booking and my planner responds quickly to my calls.

Interesting that your planner does not monitor prices. Based on your previous comments, I began to think we had the same one. Mine just adjusted two of my cruises before I even realized there was a price drop.

Our TA scored us a $400 price drop last week on our March 2019 Reflection cruise! Our TA is fantastic and whenever we spot a price drop or she spots a price drop it is applied to our booked cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Interesting that your planner does not monitor prices. Based on your previous comments, I began to think we had the same one. Mine just adjusted two of my cruises before I even realized there was a price drop.

Interesting, can you share the name or extension # of your planner. If not, I understand.

It might be a case of prices not dropping on our specific cabin since they are generally sold out well in advance of the cruise.

Boy nothing like some confusion. My wife calls and deals with a nice lady in Captains club. Im not sure a cruise vacation planner comes in to play? i know cruise planning right? But can she drop your fare if it drops? Doesnt seem like she would seeing how she works for Celebrity. I thought I had how Celebrity works fiquired out.. But not really. If ahe cant dropmyour fare who do you call Captains Club? Sorry for the confusion.

I can't see Celebrity calling anyone and asking "hey would you like to give us less money for your cabin";p. Pretty sure if you book direct you are on your own as far watching for price drops. Even my TA doesn't call me, they are one of the big internet outfits so less "personal" but can't beat the prices usually. It's up to me to watch for the price drops and call them. Work out great for my next cruise!

Boy nothing like some confusion. My wife calls and deals with a nice lady in Captains club. Im not sure a cruise vacation planner comes in to play? i know cruise planning right? But can she drop your fare if it drops? Doesnt seem like she would seeing how she works for Celebrity. I thought I had how Celebrity works fiquired out.. But not really. If ahe cant dropmyour fare who do you call Captains Club? Sorry for the confusion.
You are correct, no one in Captains Club can drop your fare or modify your sailing.

You will need to request a travel planner, if you do not have one already, they can take care of that for you.

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I can't see Celebrity calling anyone and asking "hey would you like to give us less money for your cabin";p. Pretty sure if you book direct you are on your own as far watching for price drops. Even my TA doesn't call me, they are one of the big internet outfits so less "personal" but can't beat the prices usually. It's up to me to watch for the price drops and call them. Work out great for my next cruise!

Agreed. We also use a large online TA (maybe the same, who knows) who doesn't call about price drops. I check regularly once I book a cruise and have had it pay off many times. When I notice a drop, I call the TA and get it applied. It's been worth my while to do so.

I wish we could find a decent TA. The actual name of a TA that follows through and takes care of thier customers.

I am always leery of booking through a TA that to me adds another level of contact between me and Celebrity. I just dont want to be caught in a situation where Celebrity wont do anything because we booked througha TA. Im sure Im missing out on some deals. But we only book at highest a veranda.. so really not suite or any of those higher up rooms.

Thoughts?

Captains Club personnel will try to help with 'issues' but to book your cruise or request refund when price drops you have to monitor the site for pricing yourself then call your TA or your X planner. They don't monitor for you.

I wish we could find a decent TA. The actual name of a TA that follows through and takes care of thier customers.

I am always leery of booking through a TA that to me adds another level of contact between me and Celebrity. I just dont want to be caught in a situation where Celebrity wont do anything because we booked througha TA. Im sure Im missing out on some deals. But we only book at highest a veranda.. so really not suite or any of those higher up rooms.

Thoughts?

Doesn't matter which cabin you book, all are helpful IMHO. See Post #79.... I don't know if we're disallowed from advising our X TA's name. Several years ago I called Celebrity directly looking for info on a cruise. Transferred to travel planners dept, who 'assigned' me one from the pool I guess. So helpful I booked with him. Worked out really well, never changed until he was promoted; next TA was equally helpful. Phone 1-888-307-8413. My agent's ext is 13359 but anyone at central number I'm sure will do a super job.

Thank You! What number do you call to reach him? I don't get an option for extensions when I call the regular Celebrity number.

For Cruise Planners phone 1-888-307-8413. My agent's ext is #13359 (whom you may call directly to that ext.) but anyone at central number I'm sure will do a super job. (Post #79)

You are correct, no one in Captains Club can drop your fare or modify your sailing.

You will need to request a travel planner, if you do not have one already, they can take care of that for you.

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

The Captains Club can and does drop your fare or modify your sailing if you booked directly with Celebrity, either through the CC or a CVP. You just need to call. Our planner is off on weekends so if I find a price drop or want a cabin upgrade outside of her working hours I call the CC.