Price drop

nj356

Hello

Since booking my March 24, 2017 cruise on the Equinox, I have been checking to see if the prices dropped.

There was one small which I received. This morning I checked and see there was a larger drop. I booked a CAT C and because I am a CC member I get a CAT B cabin. I called by TA, they called Celebrity and I received the lower price, about $200.00 total and I did not loose any perks. I think this may be a short lived drop so if anything wants to check you better do it soon.

Thank you

Norm

i just called for my cruise, but they told me that i would loose my perks if i took the lower price

I included the 2 perks - Go Best - when pricing out the new offer and it still came out $500 less on C3. Don't see how we can lose our perks? It's not a 'guarantee' price. No answer from my planner yet.

Just repriced my two upcoming cruises (March 2017 and July 2017). Both appeared to be less in $ but included only 1 perk. When I added the 2nd perk the price was the same as my current booking. No change for me unless I want to give up one perk.

Hello My mistake about the year, it is 2018. My post was an fyi to all since one cruise priced dropped, I was thinking there maybe other drops that may help someone. Also I received my new invoice and I did not loose my two perks, $300.00 SBC and Gratuities. Could be the TA I am working with.

I included the 2 perks - Go Best - when pricing out the new offer and it still came out $500 less on C3. Don't see how we can lose our perks? It's not a 'guarantee' price. No answer from my planner yet.

Further to note above. Just received new booking confirmation showing price deduction, no loss to perks. C3 to C2 originally and cabin still the same. X planner not travel agent. Good news!

Just repriced my two upcoming cruises (March 2017 and July 2017). Both appeared to be less in $ but included only 1 perk. When I added the 2nd perk the price was the same as my current booking. No change for me unless I want to give up one perk.

Do you mean 2018? I'm just off to check my August 2018 booking!

After final payment I think it is all over. Suggest you try over the next few days, you might get an agent who can give same additional OBC, you never know. If you are CC member that could be a plus. Good luck.

I called X just now, our january 2018 cabin appeared to drop 250/pp , i asked for some OBC but was told that after final payment date they couldn't make adjustments or credits. Has anyone had better results ? thanx, Mike in CT

You will not get any OBC or price reduction after final payment, but perhaps you could get a small upgrade if the rate (for the new category) is still at or below what you originally paid. ;) Again, you may also lose some perks. Celebrity is only offering 1 Perk right now. But if you booked with a TA who is offering more perks, you will more than likely keep those, along with 1 perk from Celebrity.

I just spent 1 hr 22 min on with big box store TA to handle a price drop. The cabin went down $600 --the difference was a $300obc and $70 less big box "gift card"

The first rep gave me three different answers over 55 min...finally got a supervisor. I explained to him I didn't want to spend $600 for $370 in perks.

Re-rated the cabin.

Will continue to watch. While it was a pita I saved $2.80 per min ;)

Well, I mis-read the reduced price for our next sailing. Thought it was $250/pp but turned out to be only $50/pp since I had them on the phone, took it. Usually if under $101 I would not bother...

I will continue to check from time to time...

bon voyage

Rotary Mike, Final payment is not due yet on your cruise according to my paperwork. I guess - lesson learned not to pay early. Does anyone know for sure whether it is the actual payment date or the actual due date that voids the reduction.

That depends. On popular sailings prices can increase. Sometimes the best deals are booked two years in advance believe it or not. Sometimes well after final payment date. Treat every cruise individually. :)

Eclipse, 14 day 1/21/18, i was told that final payment date was 10/23 , 90 days prior to sailing. Maybe i'll try calling a few more times and try to score a small OBC or maybe a specialty dinner. Mike in CT

Not going to happen. Only chance would be to upgrade where you might have to spend a few $$ to get a better cabin.

My TA has been on the phone with them (on hold) for the past 30min for our Dec 2018 SEA sailing. It is a PITA, especially we want to make sure we do not lose the Future Cruises perks.

After 2 hours and 2 agents, my TA finally got the price drop of $300 for the cabin and keeping the Future Cruises perks. Talk about lack of training and consistency across the Celebrity agents.