Aibp

Jose Tejas

Passengers who purchased a package prior to September 20 for any sailings taking place after that date, as well as passengers who took advantage of the line's 2017 Sip + Sail offer, will be grandfathered into the old pricing, but the new offerings, terms and conditions will still be in effect, Kamali said.

--By Ashley Kosciolek, Editor

Does one that has the sip n sail package get the added benefits of the new premium package? Confused........

Passengers who purchased a package prior to September 20 for any sailings taking place after that date, as well as passengers who took advantage of the line's 2017 Sip + Sail offer, will be grandfathered into the old pricing, but the new offerings, terms and conditions will [still] be in effect, Kamali said.

--By Ashley Kosciolek, Editor

Does one that has the sip n sail package get the added benefits (???) of the new premium package? Confused........

It means exactly what is says.

Princess will honor the price and/or booking promotion for those who booked and paid for the beverage package prior to the changes.

But the AIBP is his-tor-y.

You will have the Premier Beverage Package under its terms as if you purchased it at the time of sailing.

And other than the increased price threshold (all drinks up to $12, up from $10), there are no added benefits. Several have been diminished (wine bottle discount 25% rather than 40%) or subtracted (canned sodas and sparkling waters no longer included)

Edited by fishywood

It means exactly what is says.

Princess will honor the price and/or booking promotion for those who booked and paid for the beverage package prior to the changes.

But the AIBP is his-tor-y.

You will have the Premier Beverage Package under its terms as if you purchased it at the time of sailing.

And other than the increased price threshold (all drinks up to $12, up from $10), there are no added benefits. Several have been diminished (wine bottle discount 25% rather than 40%) or subtracted (canned sodas and sparkling waters no longer included)

This!!

This is what Princess states:

"Guests that pre-purchased the All-Inclusive Beverage Package prior to September 21, 2017 or that took advantage of the 2017 Sip + Sail promotion will have terms and conditions of the Premier Beverage Package apply."

1 liter bottled water not included anymore. Just the 500ml bottled water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And since individual bottles of sparkling water (Perrier or San Pellegrino) are smaller than 500 ml I presume they are no longer included as well.

And since individual bottles of sparkling water (Perrier or San Pellegrino) are smaller than 500 ml I presume they are no longer included as well.

I guess you’re right. They are not specifically listed on inclusions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are 'Cans' of soda still available for purchase but not available for Drink Package ? We are not soda drinkers, so this is just idle curiosity. If cans were not previously opened it would seem they are easier to order at several bars and share - versus sharing a drink in a glass. Perhaps Princess saw this as a sharing problem.

Are 'Cans' of soda still available for purchase but not available for Drink Package ? We are not soda drinkers, so this is just idle curiosity. If cans were not previously opened it would seem they are easier to order at several bars and share - versus sharing a drink in a glass. Perhaps Princess saw this as a sharing problem.

They are at a 25% discount.

It’s much cheaper to serve soda out of the gun vs the can so princess wins on this one.

They are at a 25% discount.

It’s much cheaper to serve soda out of the gun vs the can so princess wins on this one.

Thanks, the only time we drink soda is at a fast food restaurant, so it is always out of a machine. I do appreciate that soda lovers taste a difference between can and gun.

Yes, they are still available for purchase. One thing that they didn't consider was that at Princess Cay, there are no fountain's for soda so they brought us a can (we were on AIBP) then they charged us, but we got the charge taken off when we returned to the ship. Their answer: "Oh, we didn't think of that"

We were very disappointed that we could not get Sprite Zero, as a fountain drink, since that is one of the drinks that my husband is allowed to drink.

They're still include - not sure what being smaller than 500ml would make you think they were no longer included. Large bottles, 1 liters, are no longer included.

Both San Pelligrino and Perrier are - still - included in the "single/small" size.

They're still include - not sure what being smaller than 500ml would make you think they were no longer included. Large bottles, 1 liters, are no longer included.

Both San Pelligrino and Perrier are - still - included in the "single/small" size.

When the new PBP started no bottled water was included except for one large bottle per table in specialty dining. It has since been amended to include the 500 ml bottles again. The T&C does not say "up to 500ml" or "still or sparkling". Just 500ml. But if I do buy the package when on the Royal in three weeks I will definitely press the issue.

We had the AIBP on the Regal last month, and had no problems getting small bottles of Pellegrino in the dining room with dinner. Make sure you specify small though...one night they brought my husband and I a large one instead of several small ones. They charged us, and we had to get it taken off the bill.

I know they need rules and are trying to stop cheating, but I wish they would use a little common sense too!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When the new PBP started no bottled water was included except for one large bottle per table in specialty dining. It has since been amended to include the 500 ml bottles again. The T&C does not say "up to 500ml" or "still or sparkling". Just 500ml. But if I do buy the package when on the Royal in three weeks I will definitely press the issue.

Never ever saw the new rules states that bottled water of any kind wasn't included. Did note when they excluded the large bottles except one in specially dining but small bottles were not excluded specifically in anything I read when the new package was announced.

Regardless, the small Pellegrino and Perrier are under 500ml and most definitely included in the package and not affected by the 15 a day limits, etc. Small, 500ml bottles of still water included also, as many as you like

Sipping a Pellegrino as I type, "bought" under the package on Royal out by the pool...

have you tried to get a , say beer, and a water at the same time? - used to do it all the time under the AIBP, but now, not sure under the PBP

I have ordered and received a Sparkling water and wine/cocktail at the same time in the dining room.

It has not affected the enjoyment of my cruise, but the lack of can soda on the premium package is slightly irritating to me and bizarre IMO. Not consistent with the Premium title.

Also at times I have not been able to take an unopened beer back to my cabin to enjoy later. (Required to be opened). Thus “requirement” is definitely not consistent.

OK thanks for all the clarifications. I was just going by the literal terms

Your Premier Beverage Package includes:

• All beer, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s) or $16.00 AUD and under for ships based in Australia
  • Bottled water (500ml only)
  • Fountain sodas, fresh juices ( if available), specialty coffees and teas, Red Bull energy drinks
  • Gong Cha items (if available) 

• Frappe’s at Coffee & Cones
  • Smoothies and milk shakes (if available) 

• Enjoy the convenience of your beverage package on our Private Islands and all food and beverage venues that offer beverage service

The package includes an extra 25% discount on the following items that are otherwise excluded from the package:

• All bottles of wine 

• One-liter bottles of water (if dining at a specialty venue, a large one-liter bottle of water, still or sparkling, is covered by the package)

• Canned soda, and bottled juices 

...so good to know "only" doesn't really mean only in the case of bottled waters. Assuming I get to the MDR the first night I will definitely order a glass of wine and a San Pellegrino at once.

My plans all along were to take a short getaway this winter just to test out the AIBP to see if it would be worth it to me on a longer cruise (or to spring for a balcony on the next sip-n-sail sale). The changes and price increase with the new PBP almost lost me--until I could get a five night cruise for $98 solo. So Princess gets my money one way or another. (And now one of my friends wants to come with me...)

have you tried to get a , say beer, and a water at the same time? - used to do it all the time under the AIBP, but now, not sure under the PBP

Not a problem, same as under AIBP. Have ordered water and cocktail, or Soda and cocktail or water and soda same time, zero issues.