Please princess, get some decent bath towels

Optotronics

The towels they purchased for the newer Regal and Royal are different than the older ships. They're so stiff I guess they planned on using then for years. Something like sandpaper.

One thing is certain.....no one will ever pack one to take home.

That's for sure. The towels in our mini suite this month were awful!

The towels they purchased for the newer Regal and Royal are different than the older ships. They're so stiff I guess they planned on using then for years. Something like sandpaper.

One thing is certain.....no one will ever pack one to take home.

I think you figured it out ... maybe this is their method to reduce having those 'missing' towels. :')

The toilet paper has to be "Marine Approved".

Actually, according to (don't know his actual screen name) the engineer that regularly posts on these boards with his expert background, the TP can be the same TP we use at home, it's just that the ships buy cheap TP, which appears as "specialty" TP. The problem for the plumbing is when other items are flushed down the toilets. I'm sorry I can't link to one of his multiple posts on the subject, but I'm on my smarter-than-me phone.

I have been writing adverse comments about the towels in my cruise reviews for some time - even asking if anyone of the higher-ups at Princess had ever taken one of their cruises and had to suffer the towels.

Someone had asked if elites get better towels and I can say no to that. I can also answer floridalover5623's question about suites getting better towels and can also say no to that.

We were on the Majestic (last year now) and when I found "better", aka fluffier, towels on his cart I asked if our room steward if we could have them. He said yes, but could I write him a note in case his manager wanted to know why he was putting regular stateroom towels in a suite.