Please princess, get some decent bath towels

Optotronics

Since someone posted about pillows, I thought I would post about the only thing I hated about our cabin, the bath towels. They are by far worse than even the towels used in any cheap motel I've ever spent the night in. I thought they accidentally stocked us with the bath mat towels for soaking up the water at the base of the shower. You would think that after getting washed everyday they would soften up a bit... but no these towels are so stiff and rough they standup on their own.

You obviously haven’t stayed in cheap enough motels :)

I do agree that ours last week on the Grand were in need of changing, even the pool towels were getting a bit ragged.

Now that I think about it, the bathmats were a bit better than the regular towels...

Yes, I agree on the terrible towels, both in the cabin and the pool towels. It's not enough to make we bring my own because they take up too much space, but they are not comfy fluffy towels. Every hotel I stay at has far superior towels.

That reminds me, I had wanted to purchase microfiber beach towels for our next cruise.

Thanks for the reminder!!

Couldn't agree with you more. Even the towels on the Regal and Royal are in rough shape--literally. When we were on the Royal this past June, we did get a mix of newer, fluffy towels and the old ones, which gave me hope that Princess may be starting to replace the old towels. We also had nice new robes that actually fit--a big improvement from my previous cruise on the Royal when the robes were thin and way too small. As much as towels and robes get used, Princess should have a more frequent replacement schedule.

That reminds me, I had wanted to purchase microfiber beach towels for our next cruise.

Thanks for the reminder!!

Just thought I'd chime in here with what I do for the beach. I bring an old sheet, which takes up very little space. (Depending on the size, 1/2 would do.) I take pool towels with us to the beach.

At the end of the cruise, I trash the sheet. Nothing sandy to take home and more room in my suitcase. :D

I often wonder where Princess gets their towels. Probably the same place as the lumpy, overstuffed bed pillows and the well worn egg crate bed toppers! I've donated towels to the local animal shelter that were in better condition.

The towels are washed in very hot water, in huge vats, and get worn out quickly. I like big towels after a shower, not the thin things hanging the the bathroom. Next trip, I plan to pick up a few of their "better" beach towels, and wash them in the self-service laundry with my own detergent and a load of fabric softener.

I'm waiting for the AITM - all inclusive towel menu, premium version.

Darcy

I did not find them as being worn out. Just very stiff, small and not something comforting to the skin unless they are towels with a built in loofah function:)

I told the steward that they stocked our bath towels with bath mats by accident. He replaced them with the same thing. I though that maybe someone at corporate accidentally order half a million bath mats rather than bath towels

Just thought I'd chime in here with what I do for the beach. I bring an old sheet, which takes up very little space. (Depending on the size, 1/2 would do.) I take pool towels with us to the beach.

At the end of the cruise, I trash the sheet. Nothing sandy to take home and more room in my suitcase. :D

Why bother bringing one from home.....there are plenty on the stewards cart.

Thanks!! Love the idea of the sheet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last month on Crown the towels started out uniformly thin and scratchy -- then when we won a free upgrade to Elite status for the rest of the trip, suddenly the towels were uniformly new and fluffy [not great, but as fluffy as these thin towels could be].

Why would you need a sheet for the beach? Every beach I have been to had beach lounge chairs.

Doesn't Princess supply each room with two beach towels anymore? I used those for my shower. Left them on the floor before evening clean up and had new fresh ones for the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You now have to request the steward. Not a problem after.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Need better bath towel?

Do as i do. Go up to the pools at 0745 in the morning. Walk along the line of pool loungers. Pick up the best looking towels that have left out for passenger consumption. Take them back and run through the washer and drier. Have good towels the rest of the Cruise. :halo:

BobR

:( I'm starting to get a phobia. noro virus,bad/small food portions.leaking plumbing, long lines at buffets,mean/rude people,excessive corkage fees and tipping, maniacs on scooters, lounge chair poachers and now linens. This might well be the worst 10k I've spent.

I notice that 4X4 mentioned taking extra towels and running them thru the washer and dryer.

The towel issues are probably made worse by how the ship handles the linens. Probably washed and abused in huge machines of boiling hot water and bleach, and then thrown directly in o the dryers.

While I do NOT want to think about laundering towels while cruising. (supposed to be free of chores, and being waited on hand and foot... no cooking cleaning or laundry!!!) I do imagine that if one takes their favorite detergent and fabric softener, and runs a load of the towels (if one can find towels that have not already become too thin and threadbare from the shops laundry) this might improve the situation!

Since someone posted about pillows, I thought I would post about the only thing I hated about our cabin, the bath towels. They are by far worse than even the towels used in any cheap motel I've ever spent the night in. I thought they accidentally stocked us with the bath mat towels for soaking up the water at the base of the shower. You would think that after getting washed everyday they would soften up a bit... but no these towels are so stiff and rough they standup on their own.

Bring your own.