Please princess, get some decent bath towels

Optotronics

I tend to sail all cruise lines and I am elite on Princess. I just spent two weeks on the HAL Oosterdam, The first week in a Signature Suite and the second in a standard balcony cabin. Both had the same very large, luxurious towels that were soft to the touch. I remember when everyone was complaining about the Princess mattresses and for good reason. Finally something was done about that but it took several years. I suggest that everyone mention the towel problem on their comments sheets. Eventually maybe Princess will be pushed into doing something about the towels.

Since someone posted about pillows, I thought I would post about the only thing I hated about our cabin, the bath towels. They are by far worse than even the towels used in any cheap motel I've ever spent the night in. I thought they accidentally stocked us with the bath mat towels for soaking up the water at the base of the shower. You would think that after getting washed everyday they would soften up a bit... but no these towels are so stiff and rough they standup on their own.

Yes!!! Absolute worst towels I've ever seen on a cruise ship.

Have to chime in. Having a good time laughing at most of the posts. Been on many cruise lines in different cabin classes. On the Regal last Dec we noticed the towel situation. Deplorable. Worst "towels" we have had in 40 years. Made for good jokes at our dining room table of 10 people, once someone started to mentioned it. No room to bring our own unless we wear them on the plane. I would be embarrassed to give those THIN tiny rough pieces of fabric to my animal shelters. On Regal in a couple of weeks so after reading the posts am mentally prepared for the towels. Bon voyage to you all......

Yes, let's start a great towel revolution!!!!

I also have to be picky about the products I use.... I will apologize to nobody for bringing my own.

And, WOW, has this become an 'I just HATE Princess, and most any other cruise line, and everybody should cruise only the one particularly mentioned Line????? Okay then.....

Is this something very new? Haven't been on a Princess ship in 2 years (last one was Regal), but I don't remember the towels being a big issue. Maybe I just didn't care too much as long as they were clean and plentiful. Maybe it's just me...having fun eating, drinking and being merry...guess the towels never crossed my mind!

• 1 month later...
We were recently on the Princess Star in the Grande Suite. I thought the towels were fine. What is everyone complaining about?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The towels they purchased for the newer Regal and Royal are different than the older ships. They're so stiff I guess they planned on using then for years. Something like sandpaper.

One thing is certain.....no one will ever pack one to take home.

Speaking of towels...On our most recent cruise on the Crown( a few weeks ago), we were told by our cabin steward that they no longer provide in-cabin replacement of beach towels, and that they now must be collected on the pool deck.

We had to remember to make a point to grab a couple to bring back to our cabin the night before a water activities day in port, as to not have to deal with it the morning of.

Is this a fleet-wide change?

Since someone posted about pillows, I thought I would post about the only thing I hated about our cabin, the bath towels. They are by far worse than even the towels used in any cheap motel I've ever spent the night in. I thought they accidentally stocked us with the bath mat towels for soaking up the water at the base of the shower. You would think that after getting washed everyday they would soften up a bit... but no these towels are so stiff and rough they standup on their own.

Hyacinth would not tolerate this. She would immediately call the front desk and demand that fluffy towels be sent to her stateroom immediately! Of course she only sails with Cunard.;)

Speaking of towels...On our most recent cruise on the Crown( a few weeks ago), we were told by our cabin steward that they no longer provide in-cabin replacement of beach towels, and that they now must be collected on the pool deck.

We had to remember to make a point to grab a couple to bring back to our cabin the night before a water activities day in port, as to not have to deal with it the morning of.

Is this a fleet-wide change?

It's seems that way...at least on the Carib & Royal. We use to take a 1/2 dozen at a time & keep them on the closet shelf. They were softer to use as a bath towel & we had them ready to pack for the beach.

It's seems that way...at least on the Carib & Royal. We use to take a 1/2 dozen at a time & keep them on the closet shelf. They were softer to use as a bath towel & we had them ready to pack for the beach.

I always kept a couple of extra beach/pool towels on hand in addition to steward-provided pair. Now I guess I need to collect all four myself. And those pool towels vary in age/quality too.

My Friend Mr. Steelers,

If your steward was a Steelers fan your towels would have been yellow LOL :).

I think our teams will be playing each other again this year. We just signed one of your guys. I think he’s going to help us??? I will be on the Caribbean Princess for the playoffs. I love watching the games on that big screen ( MUTS ). Go Steelers (!) Go Patriots!!!!

Tony

Tony me lad, I believe that we shall be on the same cruise (January 13th?) and look forward to watching the game on the big screen. Go Pats!

We had the worst towels on both the Royal and Regal. I don't know if their laundry procedure is different than other ships, but the towels were thin, torn, and worn--and that was during its first year of service. They looked like the towels I give DH for washing his boat in spring.

On the Royal I checked the towels every morning and night, and I asked our steward for replacements of the bad ones. He wasn't a very good steward; a good one would have checked the towels and seen that some of them were rags since it was a 27 day cruise, and I asked for replacements every day.

Being Elite makes no difference. The stewards have a big stack of clean towels; I've never seen two different stacks.

We had decent towels on the Grand, Ruby, Star and Caribbean.

We had the worst towels on both the Royal and Regal. I don't know if their laundry procedure is different than other ships, but the towels were thin, torn, and worn--and that was during its first year of service. They looked like the towels I give DH for washing his boat in spring.

On the Royal I checked the towels every morning and night, and I asked our steward for replacements of the bad ones. He wasn't a very good steward; a good one would have checked the towels and seen that some of them were rags since it was a 27 day cruise, and I asked for replacements every day.

Being Elite makes no difference. The stewards have a big stack of clean towels; I've never seen two different stacks.

We had decent towels on the Grand, Ruby, Star and Caribbean.

There's not to much a steward can do when all they give him is a pile of worn towels to distribute each day. He much have searched high & low to find you some decent ones.