Price drop after final payment??

DISFANS3

Hmmm maybe we were lucky then, we got a refund back in March 2017 and they confirmed they would give us OBC for our cruise in January

Sent from my SM-J700T using Forums mobile app

Was it after you had made final payment or was is after the cruise lines actual final paymemt date. Many people pay off the cruise early and they are still eligible for refunds up until Royal's final paymemt date.

Did you book through a TA and maybe this was something that they were offering.

It's been many years since Royal issued OBC for price drops after final paymemt.

Was it after you had made final payment or was is after the cruise lines actual final paymemt date. Many people pay off the cruise early and they are still eligible for refunds up until Royal's final paymemt date.

Did you book through a TA and maybe this was something that they were offering.

It's been many years since Royal issued OBC for price drops after final paymemt.

Ditto this!!!

Hmmm maybe we were lucky then, we got a refund back in March 2017 and they confirmed they would give us OBC for our cruise in January

Cruise in January of 2018 = Final Payment would be do around November. If you got your refund in March, that was well before Final Payment date.

When is/was your cruise, and when did you apply for the credit?

As has been said, unlikely.

We had booked two cabins, a JR Suite and Balcony, for my parents and us. About 30 days before, I was on RCIs site and they had a sale, and a Royal Family Suite (2 bedrooms and living room) available. RFS priced out several THOUSAND dollars less than our two cabins.

I called, we got the change to the RFS, but NOTHING refunded. Not even a lousy $100 OBC.

One time prior to sailing on the Celebrity Reflection, I noticed a price drop just a couple of days after I paid in full. I called customer service and spoke to the agent and then to her supervisor and then her supervisor's supervisor. I was very polite and they said that they would get back to me. They did a couple of days later and they gave me the difference ($350 each) in ship board credits. I was more than satisfied. In my opinion this was a one time thing and that, for me at least, it will never happen again...but it did happen once

The March 2017 cruise we had adjusted in December 2016 and had it paid off before then. We are going again in January 2018, also already paid off and was told they would give us On Board Credit if there is a difference.

Depending on when you went in March and when you paid in December it could have been before final payment DATE and then you would have gotten a credit.

One time prior to sailing on the Celebrity Reflection, I noticed a price drop just a couple of days after I paid in full. I called customer service and spoke to the agent and then to her supervisor and then her supervisor's supervisor. I was very polite and they said that they would get back to me. They did a couple of days later and they gave me the difference ($350 each) in ship board credits. I was more than satisfied. In my opinion this was a one time thing and that, for me at least, it will never happen again...but it did happen once

Different cruise lines have different rules. You do realize you are posting on an RCI board, not Celebrity.

our cruise last month on Adventure the price dropped for balconys where we would have only had to pay $30pp to upgrade. We were booked in a promenade cabin.

It was about a month or so before the sailing date.

Told us price was for new bookings only.

Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Still had a great cruise.:)

Bill

So what everybody's saying is it's best to hold off final payment until right near the due date of the final payment by Royal?

Only RC's required final payment date matters. Not when you paid. After RC's date, no refunds or OBC, as explained above.

The March 2017 cruise we had adjusted in December 2016 and had it paid off before then. We are going again in January 2018, also already paid off and was told they would give us On Board Credit if there is a difference.

If there is a price drop now on your January cruise, you will NOT receive OBC. I will guarantee you that. And whoever told you that (on the phone?) should be shot/ fired.

😊

Different cruise lines have different rules. You do realize you are posting on an RCI board, not Celebrity.

Yes of course I realize that this is a RCCL board, but did you realize that RCCL owns Celebrity? I mentioned my experience only as an example of what I was able to achieve.

Just a little advice for you. Do not check the price for your January cruise. If the price drops (and they often do after final payment date) you will be in for a huge disappointment. You can check for the next category up and if that price is the same as you paid or less you could move to that category. You will not receive OBC or a refund of any kind.

Just a little advice for you. Do not check the price for your January cruise. If the price drops (and they often do after final payment date) you will be in for a huge disappointment. You can check for the next category up and if that price is the same as you paid or less you could move to that category. You will not receive OBC or a refund of any kind.

That is not 100% true as I posted above. If a price is part of the GGG sale they won't always let you upgrade.

I was told no and even got the supervisor involved and they would not relent.

Bill