Laundry bag

nfldpenguin

I've read some post about there being a laundry bag deal for $20 for the 14 day cruises. Is this offered on all cruises? We're doing a 12 day on the breakway and could help for sure since it's a longer cruise.

Most of the time it is offered at least once during the cruise and it is usually around $20. I will say that when we went on the NCL Star in September out of Venice the laundry special was not offered at all. I asked about it because we were gone for 3 weeks on this Europe trip with one week on the ship. We were able to get laundry done even though they did not offer the bag special. We just paid per peice and then used my 50% off coupon.

Most of the time it is offered at least once during the cruise and it is usually around $20. I will say that when we went on the NCL Star in September out of Venice the laundry special was not offered at all. I asked about it because we were gone for 3 weeks on this Europe trip with one week on the ship. We were able to get laundry done even though they did not offer the bag special. We just paid per peice and then used my 50% off coupon.

Same experience for us one the same Cruise in October. We really needed to do laundry and the special was never offered. We ended up washing some items of most need in the sink and hanging out to dry on the balcony.

ugh....they really need to inform the guest BEFORE their cruise if this will be available or not...especially on the longer cruises. I mean how hard is that? WE are on a 14 day in Jan and I know we will be needing it.

Laundry and dry cleaning services are available on every cruise. Personally, I haven't been on an NCL cruise yet where they didn't have a special.

ugh....they really need to inform the guest BEFORE their cruise if this will be available or not...especially on the longer cruises. I mean how hard is that? WE are on a 14 day in Jan and I know we will be needing it.

Just how would you propose that NCL gets the word out to all upcoming guests that there will or will not be a laundry special on their cruise?

We were on a 16 day Norwegian cruise earlier this year and they offered the bag special twice. I am planning on using it again this coming January on another Norwegian cruise.

Every NCL cruise we've been on of 7 days or more has had at least one laundry special during the cruise.

And if you have Platinum status you get FREE laundry on the cruise.

B2B cruises get -2- one on each leg.

Very Puzzled why NCL would not make the customary laundry bag deal

about the half way point on a 6 day or more cruise.

Should be a topic of discussion with the Hotel Director/Manager and perhaps

compensation made for doing laundry outside of the package deals ?

When I travel I always have a small vial of liquid laundry soap to do sink laundry -

a thimble full is enough for the basic BVDs "T" shirts. As for the other items of

clothing I pack enough for -7- days - mix and match giving each individual item

at least several days rest before wearing again. Desperate for clean clothing

you could wash shirts and pants and hang to dry in the shower or in a balcony

cabin air dry. Irons and ironing boards are available for use - contact your cabin steward.

Inquire in advance about the laundry deals - AND - if not available and you are

attending a Meet & Greet - make a fuss and find out why !

Those of you making the Behind the Scenes Tour (BST) make a note to see the

handling of personal laundry - very interesting !

Just how would you propose that NCL gets the word out to all upcoming guests that there will or will not be a laundry special on their cruise?
The same way they inform you of anything else....a message on your NCL account page or email. No need to get snarky!

Laundry and dry cleaning services are available on every cruise. Personally, I haven't been on an NCL cruise yet where they didn't have a special.
I realized the laundry service is available on all cruises, I was talking about the "specials for $20 a bag". I prefer not to pay for individual items which could add up to quite a bit on a long cruise.

The same way they inform you of anything else....a message on your NCL account page or email. No need to get snarky!

Not being snarky at all, it's just not a feasible thing for NCL to do. What else would people want to be notified in advance? Drink specials? If they are having Prime Rib night at O'Sheehans? The list could go on and on. NCL Corporate doesn't have time for notifications like that.

Based on our experience with having our embarkation delayed one day NCL only contacted us late the day before by calling our house and leaving a message. We had already left to fly out.

No email, no message on NCL page - found out here on CC.

Every cruise I've been on, 7 day > 25 day (b2b) and including the recent 15 day cruise this offer has been available.

Have any who have not received the laundry special coupon, along with the Daily newsletter, ever enquired at Guest Services or House-keeping? It seems very strange, that all of a sudden, they're not offering this very popular option. On the 25 day cruise they offered it at least twice (we packed light).

Based on our experience with having our embarkation delayed one day NCL only contacted us late the day before by calling our house and leaving a message. We had already left to fly out.

No email, no message on NCL page - found out here on CC.

If they didn't know about it till then I guess it couldn't be helped. But if they did then shame on them.

Not being snarky at all, it's just not a feasible thing for NCL to do. What else would people want to be notified in advance? Drink specials? If they are having Prime Rib night at O'Sheehans? The list could go on and on. NCL Corporate doesn't have time for notifications like that.
It's called PR (public relations). Mass emails take no time at all. How about a "news letter" that goes out to all passengers a month before sailing showing all the things that they may want or need to know for that cruise! They sure know how to reach the masses when it comes to selling you something so "having no time" is not an excuse.

Well, NCL has switched to using San Antonio instead of Valparaiso as its port for Santiago, Chile this year.

We leave in four weeks.

Everybody active in our Roll Call knows about the switch (we've discused it a lot!) but a straw poll reveals that about half of us have not been contacted by NCL.

If NCL can't even inform pax when the embarcation/disembarcation port has changed, I don't like their odds of being able to let people know in advance about a laundry special.

Every cruise I've been on, 7 day > 25 day (b2b) and including the recent 15 day cruise this offer has been available.

Have any who have not received the laundry special coupon, along with the Daily newsletter, ever enquired at Guest Services or House-keeping? It seems very strange, that all of a sudden, they're not offering this very popular option. On the 25 day cruise they offered it at least twice (we packed light).

I didn't ask about it but it was not ever in the daily newsletter (I was looking for it) and we never got a flyer or coupon. I read about it here and we kind of packed for have this as an option.

Both examples in this thread of not getting this offer were from the Star out of Venice.

It's called PR (public relations). Mass emails take no time at all. How about a "news letter" that goes out to all passengers a month before sailing showing all the things that they may want or need to know for that cruise! They sure know how to reach the masses when it comes to selling you something so "having no time" is not an excuse.

Things change on a ship. The dailies and routines aren't always the same from one cruise to another. But then again,no matter what they do someone is going to be unhappy with the level of service. (not you specifically).

Now having said that, laundry specials are given pretty much every cruise so no reason to worry.

And if you have Platinum status you get FREE laundry on the cruise.

B2B cruises get -2- one on each leg.

Very Puzzled why NCL would not make the customary laundry bag deal

about the half way point on a 6 day or more cruise.

Should be a topic of discussion with the Hotel Director/Manager and perhaps

compensation made for doing laundry outside of the package deals ?

When I travel I always have a small vial of liquid laundry soap to do sink laundry -

a thimble full is enough for the basic BVDs "T" shirts. As for the other items of

clothing I pack enough for -7- days - mix and match giving each individual item

at least several days rest before wearing again. Desperate for clean clothing

you could wash shirts and pants and hang to dry in the shower or in a balcony

cabin air dry. Irons and ironing boards are available for use - contact your cabin steward.

Inquire in advance about the laundry deals - AND - if not available and you are

attending a Meet & Greet - make a fuss and find out why !

Those of you making the Behind the Scenes Tour (BST) make a note to see the

handling of personal laundry - very interesting !

I heard that NCL doesn't allow hanging clothing on the Balcony. Why, I don't know. Maybe it could fly off and get caught in something.

When we were on the Behind the Scenes tour, the laundry area was really amazing. The ship has huge machines which can dry and fold sheets, towels, and napkins. I would love to have one for the house.

They have another machine which labels personal laundry, so they know which cabin it came from. I still have some of the little labels on my shirts.