Diamond plus on oasis

tinmantam

• 2 weeks later...
Can I️ use my diamond discount to buy a drink pkg for my son as a gift?

Not usually, unless you find someone who will bend the rules. Your D discount is attached to your SeaPass account, which is where the package would normally be assigned.

Can I️ use my diamond discount to buy a drink pkg for my son as a gift?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1. no

2. not all ships offer a diamond discount. And the pre-cruise discounted price is probably as good or better. Buy it for him in the cruise planner.

:)

do diamond plus members get 30% off drink package on board ??, and can anyone please send a photo of sheet that has that info. Thanks

Theoretically. If you walk up to a table sometimes they will say no. You may have to go to the loyalty ambassador.

BTW, I have never seen anything on any ship that states you will get a discount.

For our May harmony cruise we emailed the concierge before we left and took her confirmation email with us. Proving the discount while buying onboard was not simple. Time was spent in the bar tender taking to his supervisor and back again. We bought pre cruise before our anthem cruise in October, due to sale. However, I do not recall seeing the discount noted on our diamond plus benefit sheet in our cabin. It shouldn't be a mystery anymore and quite honestly shouldn't be a hassle getting it and having to bring a proof source.

On the Oasis a few weeks ago I bought the Deluxe package with the 30% off D+ discount. I waited until I was able to get the benefits sheet in my cabin in case there was any question. The person I went to said no discounts so I showed him the sheet. He then asked a manager who said yes, absolutely there is a discount. I had the same experience on Freedom in April.

Remember, though, that the 30% is off the onboard price which may be higher than the pre-purchase price although when I calculated the difference on Oasis the 30% onboard discount was still better than the 20% off the pre-purchase price they were offering at the time by a few dollars a day.

I don’t know which ships offer the D+ discount. I know that it wasn’t available on Majesty, perhaps they don’t offer it on short cruises.

The discount is programmed on your sea pass. Even if the crew member you talk to says there is no discount, you will get it. A crew member insisted we would only get a 20% discount, but we actually got a 30% discount.

I believe the discount is supposed to be fleet wide. I've seen it offered on the Adventure, Oasis, Majesty, and Empress this year.

Regarding the free laundry, as a D+ you will get a free bag of "wash and fold" on cruises of five nights or longer. Wash and fold is different from free laundry. Wash and fold is generally limited to items such as shorts, t shirts, pajamas, underwear, socks etc. All the wash and fold is done in hot water, dried with high heat and NOT ironed.

M

The discount is programmed on your sea pass. Even if the crew member you talk to says there is no discount, you will get it. A crew member insisted we would only get a 20% discount, but we actually got a 30% discount. ...

I agree, and if the discount does not show on the letter with the list of coupons that is in the stateroom upon boarding, go to any bar and ask them for a printout of your coupons. It will show up there.

Do you D+ people get free laundry like Carnival VIFP Diamond people get

For accuracy, you get ONE Free Wash and Fold Bag as mentioned above. This is great for underwear and t-shirts. They dump it all together so be careful of colors running etc. Also, if your spouse is D+, she or he gets one free bag. So you can actually get TWO free bags. This is particularly helpful if your cruise is longer than 7 nights.

Not usually, unless you find someone who will bend the rules. Your D discount is attached to your SeaPass account, which is where the package would normally be assigned.

Thanks Kiddo..... by the way, how’s your shoulder doing?