b2b

Carla3

Taking my first b2b Cruise with princess. 3 day repositioning out of Vancouver to LA the 15 day Hawaiian. What happens with your shipboard account if you have an OBC that is not spent during the first leg? Will credit be carried forward to second Cruise or should I make sure to spend it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Non refundable and two separate bookings. I was just curious mostly as my credit is only $50 for the first leg and didn’t want to wait on hold a long time with princess for an answer. Thought someone on the forum might know the answer

Taking my first b2b Cruise with princess. 3 day repositioning out of Vancouver to LA the 15 day Hawaiian. What happens with your shipboard account if you have an OBC that is not spent during the first leg? Will credit be carried forward to second Cruise or should I make sure to spend it?

On 20+ Princess b2b's I have been on any credit balance (OBC) has always carried over. The factors Bill B mention have never come into play.

Because the OBC is non-refundable and they are two separate bookings, I suspect any remainder from the first cruise will not be carried over to the second. However, you should have no problem using up $50 - gratuities for three days will use up about $40.... buy a drink and it's all gone!

We were on the Caribbean Princess in April on B2Bs. Lot of OBC. The onboard account rolled over but only refundable OBC did. I had spoken with a passenger services rep the night before the 1st segment ended and he reassured me that ALL of the OBC would roll over. It did not;only the refundable did and the non-refundable disappeared. I complained and the rep I spoke with next said that non refundable did not roll over on separate b2b cruises. Because the other rep had told me it would, after discussion with a supv it was reinstated. At the end of the cruise I had refundable OBC left and expected a check. When it arrived the amount of the non refundable OBC from the first cruise had been deducted. I called and was told that non refundable Credit was lost if not used during the specific cruise it was for.

Even though this credit appeared in my onboard account throughout the cruise and in my final statement, it was removed after I had disembarked and accounts were closed for that cruise. They sent me a copy of this to prove that it had been a mistake to carry it over and that mistake was taken care of when the account was officially closed.

It took several phone calls and emails to get the money back and then it wasn't cash but a non refundable credit that had to be used on our next cruise. It was also made very clear that I was getting it only as a goodwill gesture because of the situation and that I should be aware that the Princess policy is that non refundable credit will not roll over. Use it or lose it.

In previous years I had credits roll over but I really never paid much attention to the credit type and just assumed all of the unused would rollover. After the aggravation I went through to get the money back I would NEVER make that assumption again. If you note the info in your cruise personalizer as well as the credit listed in your ship board account you'll see Princess explicitly denotes what type of credit it is. I now know that is done for a reason.

Refundable credit just that...refunded if not used. Non refundable goes poof if not used on the specific cruise for which it was given.

On 20+ Princess b2b's I have been on any credit balance (OBC) has always carried over. The factors Bill B mention have never come into play.

Same with us. Have done many B2B cruises. All credits and or charges carry over to next cruise and settle at the end of last cruise. Same with left over Internet minutes. They transfer over too.

Me, too.:halo:

Our internet minutes expired on one b2b when we switched cabins. We had plenty of minutes for the second cruise, so I did not try to see if the internet manager could reinstate them.

Just completed a B2B today. It's not necessary to ask for your unused minutes to be carried over...it's automatic. The system wouldn't let me use my "new" minutes until the "old" minutes were used up. And, yes, we switched cabins. How long ago was your experience?

Non refundable and two separate bookings. I was just curious mostly as my credit is only $50 for the first leg and didn’t want to wait on hold a long time with princess for an answer. Thought someone on the forum might know the answer

If $50 is your only OBC and you are a couple the $50 will be used up for the auto-tip during the first two days. If you are traveling solo $40 + will be used for the auto tip leaving you with less than one drink's worth of OBC.

Just completed a B2B today. It's not necessary to ask for your unused minutes to be carried over...it's automatic. The system wouldn't let me use my "new" minutes until the "old" minutes were used up. And, yes, we switched cabins. How long ago was your experience?
They were in December 2014.

Not sure I understand one aspect of B2B - do you settle your bill and pay gratuities at the end of the first cruise? Or just pay one big bill at the end of the 2nd?

That would affect usage of OBC. I have military OBC, and don't think they'd roll over to the 2nd cruise.

Not sure I understand one aspect of B2B - do you settle your bill and pay gratuities at the end of the first cruise? Or just pay one big bill at the end of the 2nd?

That would affect usage of OBC. I have military OBC, and don't think they'd roll over to the 2nd cruise.

I have been on several b2b now (all booked independently) and stayed in the same cabin. The folio continued through the second cruise and at the end I received a single bill for both cruises. The non-refundable OBC is always used first and then the refundable OBC is used. Usually the daily gratuity uses up most of the non-refundable OBC. I had only one sea card for both legs.

Military OBC is refundable so the portion not used will be returned to you a few weeks after the cruise. Beware though it comes in a somewhat plain envelope and looks like junk mail.

Any balance(s), plus or minus, from the first segment will be carried over to your next segment. Your credit card is charged only at the end at final disembarkation.

Interesting responses....we have been on multiple B2B and all except one were handled like previous posters.

On the exception, booked 2 segments, the shipboard account was settled and charged to our credit card at the end of the first cruise. Purser's desk could give me no explanation as to why this was done. Very fortunate there was no unused credit.

We were also give two cruise cards.

As with many things when cruising there are always exceptions to the "usual".:D