Princess cruises - cruise card - no more hole punching for lanyard?

NSWP

Now not sure if the above applies to our ancient Princess Fleet here or just to the more modern 'overseas Princess ships.:o Can anybody very recently on Princess in Australia, report thereon? :hearteyes:

According to Princess by I think it was 2020 (or maybe even 2019) All ships in there fleet (Including the Golden Princess who is going to P&O) will have the Ocean Medallion.

And apparently P&O (with Golden Princess) will have the Ocean Medallion as well.

According to Princess by I think it was 2020 (or maybe even 2019) All ships in there fleet (Including the Golden Princess who is going to P&O) will have the Ocean Medallion.

And apparently P&O (with Golden Princess) will have the Ocean Medallion as well.

Here is the latest on the subject of medallions.https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/news.cfm?ID=8268

Is it because you paid for a full card and not one with a hole in it?

I will do it just for fun and a good laugh. I will seriously do it though. If the card has a hole in it I will go straight to reception and ask them to print a new one without a hole in it and be as serious as I can. Once done I will post photos on here to prove it has been done.

I'd find a medallion that could be worn on wrist or as a pendant okay but with the cruise cards I always wore them on a lanyard and so they needed a hole. I couldn't care less about displaying them as such. My concern is not losing them. It's not as if most people on a cruise walk around with a handbag, so if you haven't a pocket (and a lot of women's clothing won't have one) where do you put them if not on a lanyard?

I always carry some sort of bag with me as I want somewhere to put my Kindle, phone which is my lightweight camera, tissues, lip balm, sanitiser, pen (for trivia), glasses cleaning wipes and anything else that I might need.

I hate wearing lanyards, and I wouldn't want to wear a wristband or pendant with the medallion either.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

I swear if Princess Cruises puts a hole in my cruise card on the Diamond Princess on the 11th January then I am going straight to reception to ask them to print a new card because I do not like the hole in it.

did you go to reception on your last cruise and ask for another card because it would have had a hole in your card

I will do it just for fun and a good laugh. I will seriously do it though. If the card has a hole in it I will go straight to reception and ask them to print a new one without a hole in it and be as serious as I can. Once done I will post photos on here to prove it has been done.

Good one.:D

I always carry some sort of bag with me as I want somewhere to put my Kindle, phone which is my lightweight camera, tissues, lip balm, sanitiser, pen (for trivia), glasses cleaning wipes and anything else that I might need.

I hate wearing lanyards, and I wouldn't want to wear a wristband or pendant with the medallion either.

I normally have the lanyard during the day, as I often have no pockets and for the evening I would put it in my top pocket.

I never use a Lanyard. But maybe that’s because I have other junk around my neck.

Mrs Gut either uses one of the retractable ones or one with a plastic sleeve (like a bank book cover) but tends to attach that to her shorts or skirt, then in the sleeve goes her card, her coffee card and the patter.

But remember the hole is free, you don't get much for free on Princess. No 15% gratuity payable on the hole either. When we boarded Island Princess in Nov last year in San Pedro -LA - doing Panama Canal, the check in chick punched the hole in it.

It's now been added as a standard inclusion for Australian bookings.

Brisbane41 Please tell me you are joking.

No joke, I really want to see what their reaction will be and find out if they will print me a new cruise card without a lanyard hole in it. I think it would be funny to try.

I am not a fan of the lanyard brigade on the ships anyway and find pockets do a better job.

In the future there will be a separate line at check in for those who have their cards on lanyards and those who don't. It will be like the declare or not declare lines at custom in the airport. One line travels so much quicker as the cards are so much quicker to scan for those on the lanyard (hands free) as opposed to digging into a their hand bag or their pockets trying to find the card.;p

In the future there will be a separate line at check in for those who have their cards on lanyards and those who don't. It will be like the declare or not declare lines at custom in the airport. One line travels so much quicker as the cards are so much quicker to scan for those on the lanyard (hands free) as opposed to digging into a their hand bag or their pockets trying to find the card.;p

Don't you mean it the opposite way around. The lanyard brigade has the longest queue to check in and collect their card with the hole in it.

Having the card in your pocket is quicker than having it around your neck and more convenient too because you don't need to have jerking head movements every time you want to scan it.

I normally have the lanyard during the day, as I often have no pockets and for the evening I would put it in my top pocket.

Same, you must wear the budgie smugglers too Mic, red, like Uncle Tony.lol.;p

I never use a Lanyard. But maybe that’s because I have other junk around my neck.

Mrs Gut either uses one of the retractable ones or one with a plastic sleeve (like a bank book cover) but tends to attach that to her shorts or skirt, then in the sleeve goes her card, her coffee card and the patter.

But Gut, you have the 'Spethial - VIP pass' around your neck, so as Graham and his mob can bounce you straight on to ye olde red carpet. No need for your cruise card.:hearteyes:

Don't you mean it the opposite way around. The lanyard brigade has the longest queue to check in and collect their card with the hole in it.

Having the card in your pocket is quicker than having it around your neck and more convenient too because you don't need to have jerking head movements every time you want to scan it.

I would think having it handy and in front is much quicker than having to find it amongst everything else in the bag or pocket. So I would be in the short queue and you can join other queue.

OK you Princess cruisers, now I hear via the Princess grapevine that the new Princess Cruise Card has a chip in it so you like 'pay wave' it in the ship's shop and 'wave' it at your cabin door. As a result no more holes are to be punched in them, thus you canot proudly display it on your lanyard, as most Aussies currently do, part of the cruise uniform, so to speak.

Now not sure if the above applies to our ancient Princess Fleet here or just to the more modern 'overseas Princess ships.:o Can anybody very recently on Princess in Australia, report thereon? :hearteyes:

There sure will be some disappointed cruisers not being able to 'show the card'., particularly if it is Black for Elite.:mad:

"Elite" on Princess? Somewhat of an oxymoron?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums