Princess cruises - cruise card - no more hole punching for lanyard?

NSWP

Oh, sometimes I am, as we have a 'deal' that if we win anything on the ship like trivia or novelty event, we have to wear the trophy for the next 24hrs. Lucky we rarely win, although I once got bronze in the putting comp, and our team won a ship on a stick once! Yes, I know it's very sad ;)

I might ask for one of those bitcoin holes next time:)

Some of those medals are quite large and can really weigh you down. It is one of the reasons why I have never competed in the Olympics as well.;p

I also don't think that the hole in the sea pass is unique to Australia. I know RCCL cards for example come pre punched (Celebrity have a slot )and Royal would not go to that sort of expense 'just' for the Aussie market and many overseas guests asked if their card has a hole in it so they must expect it, just as if they were at home.

I have a number of RCL and Celebrity cards without holes, from overseas cruises. In fact, on Quantum class they didn't even put holes in and guests were turned away due to the design. It's only when Ovation came here that they formalised a way around it.

While guest services onboard are accustomed to providing a hole punch on request for those who want it, they're not punched by standard elsewhere, and the fact they don't shows it's not a common thing. Whereas here, because it is common, they would be getting them pre-punched by the supplier.

Personally, I like to wear the black Princess Lanyard with the Black Elite Card, part of the cruise uniform for me, plus the Princess logo Polo shirt and Princess logo baseball cap, complete !! Sad I know.:o:o

Love this [emoji177]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you work at Melbourne Airport or at Captain cooks cabin?

Hi Mic , The Old Melbourne Gaol,

Sometimes the passengers will walk all the way from Port Melbourne pier and back just to visit us which I find amazing, also sometimes passengers while on another shore tour will jump off that one to visit us.

We do keep a list of the cruise ship visits so we know who is in port, and their lanyard tells all..

Plenty of treads on CC aLanyards, ready those I’m not sure how anyone can say it’s an Aussie thing?

Not an Aussie thing but the Aussies are prolific lanyard wearers.:') Anyway at the end of the day the hole in the cruise card is great, complimentary, not even a 15% service charge.lol. Talking about Princess Cruises, some other cruise lines might charge for punching the hole.

Hi Mic , The Old Melbourne Gaol,

Sometimes the passengers will walk all the way from Port Melbourne pier and back just to visit us which I find amazing, also sometimes passengers while on another shore tour will jump off that one to visit us.

We do keep a list of the cruise ship visits so we know who is in port, and their lanyard tells all..

It would be an interesting place to work/:D

Not an Aussie thing but the Aussies are prolific lanyard wearers.:') Anyway at the end of the day the hole in the cruise card is great, complimentary, not even a 15% service charge.lol. Talking about Princess Cruises, some other cruise lines might charge for punching the hole.

On some Carnival Legend cruises the punches are free.;p

On some Carnival Legend cruises the punches are free.;p

I heard free boxing and wrestling lessons are part of the on board entertainment as well as the free punches, lol.:') Give the pax a break from the water slides up top.:rolleyes:

I heard free boxing and wrestling lessons are part of the on board entertainment as well as the free punches, lol.:') Give the pax a break from the water slides up top.:rolleyes:

Then they play Atrium soccer where instead of balls they just kick the wrestlers.;p

Then they play Atrium soccer where instead of balls they just kick the wrestlers.;p

Bigger than AFL, they play 23 a side, all ages welcome.:loudcry::halo: Free shorex at Eden, by courtesy of NSW Police tendering service.

Cunard has fencing.

Prepares the upper classes for duels.

Yes, they were fencing in the QM2 ballroom last year, touche !! Followed by G&T's of course.:hearteyes:

Yes, they were fencing in the QM2 ballroom last year, touche !! Followed by G&T's of course.:hearteyes:

Aussie flyer and I did the fencing class last year on QM2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chain link or barbed wire?;p

Ye olde 6 foot wooden palings, the best.:cool:

But to be serious, when I saw the fencing in the ballroom on QM2, they were fair dinkum.:eek: