Princess cruises - cruise card - no more hole punching for lanyard?

NSWP

I tried this sword fighting thing once....

But two left feet

No hand eye coordination (actually depth perception is the problem due to strange eyes)

And being too big a target

It didn’t really work out too well so I stuck to the Rugby codes.

OK you Princess cruisers, now I hear via the Princess grapevine that the new Princess Cruise Card has a chip in it so you like 'pay wave' it in the ship's shop and 'wave' it at your cabin door. As a result no more holes are to be punched in them, thus you canot proudly display it on your lanyard, as most Aussies currently do, part of the cruise uniform, so to speak.

Now not sure if the above applies to our ancient Princess Fleet here or just to the more modern 'overseas Princess ships.:o Can anybody very recently on Princess in Australia, report thereon? :hearteyes:

There sure will be some disappointed cruisers not being able to 'show the card'., particularly if it is Black for Elite.:mad:

We just returned home today from a Tasmanian and New Zealand cruises, both out of Sydney, and holes were punched in our cruise cards. Everyone was wearing lanyards.

Someone recently asked in the Cunard forum if lanyards were the norm. They certainly didn’t get a positive response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are right, on QM2 last year Syd-HK, a couple of hundred Aussies on board, lanyards/voyage cards on most of them, the world cruisin' Brits, no, no, not a lanyard. Remember it is a voyage on Cunard, NOT a cruise, lol.:halo:

I went down to the pursers office for the free hole, they were not overly amused.

I am just polishing up my black Princess lanyard for our forthcoming cruises on Sapphire and Royal Princesses, in the washing machine, might even iron it, got to look smart !! lol.

Yeah, cannot believe the lowering of the standards,:p

Possibly our Mic in the bare feet, what no fencing shoes, what did the Cunarders say? Great room ye olde QM2 ballroom, nothing like it on any ship.

:o:(

Possibly our Mic in the bare feet, what no fencing shoes, what did the Cunarders say? Great room ye olde QM2 ballroom, nothing like it on any ship.

:o:(

I mainly trod the boards in G32, the little known and hardly utilised Disco bar behind the Queens room. often there would only be around 20 of us in there dancing the night away to the live band and then the DJ.:D

I mainly trod the boards in G32, the little known and hardly utilised Disco bar behind the Queens room. often there would only be around 20 of us in there dancing the night away to the live band and then the DJ.:D

What Mic you mean you weren’t Foxtrotting around the Queens room in your Tux?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could be the Dancing Detective, sorry 'Dancing Plumber' then Mic.' :p Yes on QM2, most lights out @ 10pm as the pax complement is 'mature.':o

You could be the Dancing Detective, sorry 'Dancing Plumber' then Mic.' :p Yes on QM2, most lights out @ 10pm as the pax complement is 'mature.':o

It wasn't quite that early on our cruise, the ball room was going until 11pm at least, with the Disco through to closer to 1am. We had 7 sea days in a row so no early mornings there.

Someone recently asked in the Cunard forum if lanyards were the norm. They certainly didn’t get a positive response.

Just off QM2 - lots of lanyards (sorry) lots less ability in formal in dressing 🤭 the old “blighty line” is in trouble [emoji80]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That’s me barefoot. I had sandals on but they were not helpful. I’ve worn a lanyard on every QM2 voyage I’ve taken ;). 3 of them. Any angst is purely imagined and in the eye of the beholder.

Just off QM2 - lots of lanyards (sorry) lots less ability in formal in dressing 🤭 the old “blighty line” is in trouble [emoji80]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lots of lanyards means lots of Aussies on board. Shorts, T shirts in MDR?

I saw an Aussie wearing shorts to afternoon tea. :eek::eek:

What is the world coming to?

Oh dear, scones and cucumber sambos in the 'Boardies' !! Someone on QM2 told me at one time it was jacket and tie for arvo tea and never shorts !! The Ockerisation of Cunard continues.:eek:

Oh dear, scones and cucumber sambos in the 'Boardies' !! Someone on QM2 told me at one time it was jacket and tie for arvo tea and never shorts !! The Ockerisation of Cunard continues.:eek:

Well I always wore a tie......it came in handy as a belt to hold me shorts up..;p;p