What tha??...New booking question.

As signature shows regular to Royal. Like to book early to get pick of cabins. We decided to go back to X for 2019. got to thinking, we are so close to D+ maybe will just stick with Royal. Maybe do a suite on a mega ship.

Started looking at cruises ran thru prelim booking to see a price for refundable deposit and non refundable deposit prices. Huh? ok. so then keep going to see cabins available , look at several different options all only give me a choice of mid ship . Ya can't tell me all aft or front are sold out on 5 different dates/ different ships. seems like they are not giving me much of a choice .Looks like to me they are deterring online booking.

Are non -refundable deposits transferrable?

My after the holidays blood pressure will not allow me to call directly and ask Royal. So thought maybe someone knows what the deal is on site new bookings.

btw-I always pick and look online then call directly and book thru Royal. Easier for me than going thru Travel agent.

TIA

I also suggest looking at a non RC site to see all available cabins at one time. I like the sites that show all cabins with blinking dots as available on the deck plan. When you do a mock booking it lets you see them.

I found Royal's site beyond annoying to do a mock booking. Much prefer my TA's site, which is set up as I described above.

As signature shows regular to Royal. Like to book early to get pick of cabins. We decided to go back to X for 2019. got to thinking, we are so close to D+ maybe will just stick with Royal. Maybe do a suite on a mega ship.

TIA

Just an FYI - Are you aware that X and RC are linked so that your status is the same on both? If you book X you will also get closer to D+ on RC.

It's not accurate. They give you the equal status on the cruise, but you don't get extra points on Royal from an X cruise, or visa-versa.

Correct, and the reciprocal status is only up to a certain level.

For example, if you are Diamond or above on Royal, you only get to Eliite on Celebrity.

If you are Elite or above on Celebrity, you only get to Diamond on RC.

Just an FYI - Are you aware that X and RC are linked so that your status is the same on both? If you book X you will also get closer to D+ on RC.

No. You need to book rc to raise status on rc. As you need to book x to raise status on x

Once you are diamond on rc. You will be elite on x. That’s where it ends. If you are diamond plus on rc you will not be elite plus on x. Only elite

Correct, and the reciprocal status is only up to a certain level.

For example, if you are Diamond or above on Royal, you only get to Eliite on Celebrity.

If you are Elite or above on Celebrity, you only get to Diamond on RC.

I didn't know it capped out at Diamond/Elite. :(