2018 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc

jpc763

On 10/26/2018 at 3:55 PM, Uniall said:

Steve Jacobson is a rock ribbed Midwestern American who grew up in the Chicago area and majored in Hospitality Industry at a Milwaukee college.  He is very direct, sincere, and straight forward.  He is not a fawner, pretentious, or touchy-feely.  Perhaps those traits are valued more by Americans.   I remember being the last to disembark in New York and he bid us farewell with grin on his face by saying:  "We should have been all clear 15 minutes ago.  I go on vacation today which started 15 minutes ago.  You owe me, Big Time."  To an American, those were words of endearment and friendship. 

Hi! I would only take issue with the idea that Americans are a homogeneous group and any one way on any trait/issue (as definitely aren’t, less now than ever). Nor people from Chicago, etc.  And we don’t all respond in the same way to the same people. I don’t think, therefore, someone is in error for not liking someone or their manner, they are only different. I love Bruno D., but some don’t. Not trying to be disagreeable, just to add that caveat (some of us like touchy feely, depending on how it’s delivered, even my DH who was Chicago born and bred until the USMC took him away).

Happy Sailing 🧜🏼‍♀️

Lynn

To Pmcnulty from 10/27:

Daria was on the transatlantic Jade cruise in April/May 2018. At the end of that trip, she was preparing to fill in as ACD while the regular was on vacation.

She's one of my favorites, truly a warm and fun person.

(sorry, I'm new and just figured out how to insert quotes)

Edited by lkjacobs

On 10/19/2018 at 2:50 PM, Beaver1975 said:

Does anyone have an updated list of Epic staff?

I would also like to know.  We sail very early in the year and knowing the identity of the Concierge in the Haven would be extremely helpful! Thanks 😊

12 hours ago, lkjacobs said:

To Pmcnulty from 10/27:

Daria was on the transatlantic Jade cruise in April/May 2018. At the end of that trip, she was preparing to fill in as ACD while the regular was on vacation.

She's one of my favorites, truly a warm and fun person.

(sorry, I'm new and just figured out how to insert quotes)

Thanks 

Good to know she is still about and doing well.

Phil

On 10/31/2018 at 3:47 PM, jvsnana said:

Hi Nalagh...I heard back from the Pre Cruise Concierge and Suzana Bajramovic will be the Concierge onboard the Star when we cruise on Nov. 19th. 

We sailed on the Star a few weeks ago and we found Suzana to be a bit of a mixed benefit.  She was always contactable and if you asked her directly to do something she always seemed to do her best to sort it.  She is very much not a touchy feely-person but does have a pleasant personality.  We had issues that, unlike the best concierges, she did not anticipate anything we wanted because she never established a personal relationship with us and so had to fight from behind all of the time to solve issues that need not have arisen.  That sometimes meant that unless we did things for ourselves we missed out on some meal reservation choices because we did not see her one-to-one for the first few days at all.  Her style was to prefer getting groups together and addressing them en-bloc.  We never saw her when we were dining in the evening or at breakfast, even though those times had always been ideal for contact with other concierges we have had.

She was not the worst concierge we have had, but neither was she anywhere near the best.

Edited by old nutter
Added the ship name for clarity

On 11/2/2018 at 5:33 PM, 2Beeze said:

I would also like to know.  We sail very early in the year and knowing the identity of the Concierge in the Haven would be extremely helpful! Thanks 😊

The Concierge will be Omar for sure. He‘s currently on vacation but he will return on 14th of November. So I‘m almost 100% sure that he‘ll be on board in January.

20 minutes ago, Callimero said:

The Concierge will be Omar for sure. He‘s currently on vacation but he will return on 14th of November. So I‘m almost 100% sure that he‘ll be on board in January.

Great, thanks for letting me know. Now I need to research Omar! We have always had a great concierge (our downfall when there has been one came in the form of a Butler). Thanks again!

add on P.S.  a quick check suggests to me that he is very good! Yay!

Lynn

Edited by 2Beeze

5 hours ago, casofilia said:

Does anyone know which officers are on the Star at the moment please?

Hi Mike (and Pauline).

We are currently on the Star on a turnaround day. I don't know who the concierge is as we are not in a Haven.

HD: Djamel Benatmane

F&B Director: Vitor Nunes

Exec Housekeeper: Orlando O'Neill

CD: Simon Akinwolere

Guest Service Mgr: Ronan Ramos

Exec Chef: Noriel Alicaway

Rest Mgr: Manoel D'Silva

Bev Mgr: I Gede Arnawa

Group Serv Coordinator/Access Officer: Patricia Perez

Marcia (and Mike)

Edited by MikeandMarcia
Add signature

Hello Mike(andMarcia)

Thank you.

If you see Djamel would you ask him if he will be on the Star from 13th April onwards for three cruises ending in Taragona on 12th May please?

Just mention to him that the New Zealand proof reader of the Freestyle Daily from the Rome to Singapore cruise a couple of years ago will be on those cruises and is hoping to meet him again.

Thanks

Mike

18 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

Add on P.S.  a quick check suggests to me that he is very good! Yay!

Lynn

Yes Lynn, Omar got a lot of positive recommendations here on Cruise Critic so I‘m looking forward to meet him in person in 19 days. He‘s also ‚on the other side‘ aka FB (we aren‘t allowed to say this name here) LOL, look for Omar Concierge.

38 minutes ago, Callimero said:

Yes Lynn, Omar got a lot of positive recommendations here on Cruise Critic so I‘m looking forward to meet him in person in 19 days. He‘s also ‚on the other side‘ aka FB (we aren‘t allowed to say this name here) LOL, look for Omar Concierge.

You might have to say hello for me, I don’t venture to the dark side 😂 Actually, with my career it’s easier to not have a FB account, but just as well as it seems to have more crazy and bad info there than information that is worthwhile (IMHO). And the drama... nope, I a, better out of it! 🙈. But I was so relieved to see positive feedback on Omar it makes life so much nicer to deal with a personable concierge! We have had great luck the last cruise year in that area and maybe we are on our way to another positive experience. 👍🏼

NORWEGIAN  SPIRIT  as of 6 November 2018

Captain:  Stefan Nordberg

Hotel Director:  Armando Da Silva

Food and Beverage:  Timur Coskun

Restaurant Manager:  Kerwin Miller

Beverage Manager:  Erine Mendoza

Executive Chef:  Lloyd Johnson

Executive Housekeeper:  Clyde Harbin

Guest Services Manager:  Alvina Athanse

Cruise Director:  David Betanzos

• Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, Uniall said:

I am truly surprised by your apparent negative critique of HD Steve Jacobson.  I consider Steve to be among NCL's top five HDs.  In fact, I have booked cruises in the past solely because he was scheduled to be aboard.

Totally agree with you about Stephen J. I am  not sure what is unlucky about meeting one of the nicest people. He is very quiet but the staff love him. Notice the poster does not say why it would be unlucky. I dare say that if I made the same comment about his beloved Bruno he would ask me why.

Stephen is lovely man whom we met on many many occasions and love him. Not many HD help the team clearing up in Manhattan room.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:46 AM, GORDONCHICK said:

You're not stupid. For many of us, a good number of our favorite NCL officers have moved to other lines, so for me, not much incentive to keep track of anyone anymore. For this same reason, many of us are trying out those other lines to hopefully catch up with our friends.

Look out for HAL with Mustafa and Errol and plenty of others joining.

Hi Mike and Pauline,

Djamel does remember you. He will be on the Star the dates you asked about, barring any unforeseen changes.

As so many people are posting about Steven Jacobsen, I would like to add my opinion. We sailed on the Jewel for 79 days the end of 2017 and went back for another 40 or 42 days early this year. We think he is great. He is very approachable. We have seen him helping to seat people in the theater and clean tables. We have seen him go to a room steward where the steward was working and read a Hero Card to him. We think he is amazing.

Marcia and Mike

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MikeandMarcia said:

Hi Mike and Pauline,

Djamel does remember you. He will be on the Star the dates you asked about, barring any unforeseen changes.

As so many people are posting about Steven Jacobsen, I would like to add my opinion. We sailed on the Jewel for 79 days the end of 2017 and went back for another 40 or 42 days early this year. We think he is great. He is very approachable. We have seen him helping to seat people in the theater and clean tables. We have seen him go to a room steward where the steward was working and read a Hero Card to him. We think he is amazing.

Marcia and Mike

Totally agree - I can only think that anyone who says anything else is mixing him up with someone else, Love him!

• Like 1