2018 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc

jpc763

11 hours ago, GORDONCHICK said:

You should probably specify when that Australia season for the Jewel is.  If it's more than a couple of months away, it is way too soon to know.

Thanks to all for your responses.  My question was does anyone have any info regarding which officers (names) will be on board NCL Jewel in January 2019.  Mainly interested in the HD and concierge.

Thanks again

1 hour ago, source said:

Thanks to all for your responses.  My question was does anyone have any info regarding which officers (names) will be on board NCL Jewel in January 2019.  Mainly interested in the HD and concierge.

Thanks again

With the way things are at NCL now, you should check back in the beginning of December for the most accurate answer.

On 10/22/2018 at 11:19 AM, source said:

Thanks again

@source  It may be Bruno Dentone as the Haven Concierge - he’s been off a couple of months, I thought that he would be back on the Jewel after his break. We are in touch so I will try to remember to ask him specific dates when we talk next.  Enjoy your cruise, I like the Jewel 🙂

Lynn

Just now, 2Beeze said:

@source  It may be Bruno Dentone as the Haven Concierge - he’s been off a couple of months, I thought that he would be back on the Jewel after his break. We are in touch so I will try to remember to ask him specific dates when we talk next.  Enjoy your cruise, I like the Jewel 🙂

Lynn

Bruno was on the Pearl as of the last week of September, but they move so frequently now! 

4 hours ago, AlicanteMac said:

Unlikely to be Bruno.  If you're really unlucky, Steven Jacobson will be the HD!

I am truly surprised by your apparent negative critique of HD Steve Jacobson.  I consider Steve to be among NCL's top five HDs.  In fact, I have booked cruises in the past solely because he was scheduled to be aboard.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlicanteMac said:

Unlikely to be Bruno If you're really unlucky, Steven Jacobson will be the HD!

@AlicanteMac ‘That may be true, it was my best guess... you seem very certain though, is there a reason why?

@shellbelle28 you are correct, they do move so often now. 

Edited by 2Beeze

Steve Jacobson is a rock ribbed Midwestern American who grew up in the Chicago area and majored in Hospitality Industry at a Milwaukee college.  He is very direct, sincere, and straight forward.  He is not a fawner, pretentious, or touchy-feely.  Perhaps those traits are valued more by Americans.   I remember being the last to disembark in New York and he bid us farewell with grin on his face by saying:  "We should have been all clear 15 minutes ago.  I go on vacation today which started 15 minutes ago.  You owe me, Big Time."  To an American, those were words of endearment and friendship. 

Edited by Uniall

6 minutes ago, Uniall said:

Steve Jacobson is a rock ribbed Midwestern American who grew up in the Chicago area and majored in Hospitality Industry at a Milwaukee college.  He is very direct, sincere, and straight forward.  He is not a fawner, pretentious, or touchy-feely.  Perhaps those traits are valued more by Americans.   I remember being the last to disembark in New York and he bid us farewell with grin on his face by saying:  "We should have been all clear 15 minutes ago.  I go on vacation today which started 15 minutes ago.  You owe me, Big Time."  To an American, those were words of endearment and friendship. 

Hey, does this say that you are heading out on vacation to day?  Where?  We leave Monday for Miami to sail on the SUN to Cuba, Panama and Western Caribbean.  Wish you could join us.

Judy

No trips planned.  Sharon Rae's physical rehab is still in play for another month or so.  I'm scheduled for left knee surgery a week after Thanksgiving and the right knee in February or March.  I hope we can start booking cruises for next Summer & Fall.

Has anyone seen Daria on the Cruise Director's staff around one of the ships?
Brunette, Russian.
She was on our Dubai to Venice cruise on the Star March April 2017.

She was one of my faves and would love to run into her again somewhere.

Funny the comments about Stephen.  We spent about 80 days on the Jewel in the last 12 months with Stephen as HD.  He was excellent to talk to and would discuss any and all problems.    He didn't always do what people wanted done but he was always very open about why he said "no".

I did like JC Sanchez when he took over as Cruise Director.

@AlicanteMac  I’m sure the person making the decisions is fairly far removed from the staff or guests, but I know that they will miss him. Our interactions tend to be non-business, I don’t ask often about NCL and so other than awareness of his movements I try to avoid being nosey (and so I don’t know much about the behind the scenes of the line). We did really enjoy him - it took me a bit to get beyond his pulled tight exterior, but once through a very warm man emerged that we liked quite a lot!

We also truly liked the concierges on our last cruise on Royal’s Allure and we very much hope that we will have a good one for the Haven on the Epic early in the new year. 🤞

Lynn

On 10/17/2018 at 6:16 PM, liz13 said:

Just back from the Breakaway TA yesterday.  Here's the list:

Captain:  Mateo Candrlic

Chief Engineer:  Zoran Posa 

Staff Captain:  Viktor Vranic 

Hotel Director:  Vuk Malobabic

Asst HD:  Dia Ambida

Cruise Director:  Dan Dan

Food and Beverage:  Joao Gigante

Chief Officer:  Marco Spingardi 

Executive Housekeeper:  Olden Forbes

Executive Chef:  Kevin Green

Guess Service Mgr:  Gina Yunzal

Concierge:  Virginia Brotherton (she was awesome)

I was in the Haven and our Butler was Choi and Room Steward was Roy, and both were excellent.

Captain is Matko, not Mateo and will probably be headed home around mid Dec.

Dia will be gone January at minimum

4 hours ago, davesgirl51 said:

Captain is Matko, not Mateo and will probably be headed home around mid Dec.

Dia will be gone January at minimum

Someone on another forum thought that Captain Dan would be back aboard in the next couple of weeks and be onboard for the Thanksgiving cruise.

GEM  Oct.20 2018

HD  Richard Janicki

F&B Director  Metin Camurlu

Cruise Director  Lorena Tapia

Exec. Housekeeper   Orlando Manuel ONeil

Exec Chef  Bijesh Chandran

Restaurant Manager  Ivan Volek

Beverage Manager   Mohamed Siyabdeen

Guest Services   Alfie Barrete