What can I bring on the ship during embarkation?

MORE FALSE NEWS. :D

Two bottles per stateroom, with at least one guest over 21 booked into the stateroom. :)

that is not false news, just incomplete news

Not MORE FAKE NEWS or incomplete news. Only provided the OP with the answer to their specific question. :cool:

So... when we bring wine to enjoy in the stateroom, are there wine/champagne glasses in the room already, or do we have to ask for them? Will our cabin steward provide those, or do we need to bring them back from a bar with us?

Good question, I was wondering the same thing.

So... when we bring wine to enjoy in the stateroom, are there wine/champagne glasses in the room already, or do we have to ask for them? Will our cabin steward provide those, or do we need to bring them back from a bar with us?

You can get wine glasses from any bar or ask the stateroom attendant.

Sorry to butt in with a different question but related anyway...You can bring a bottle of wine but not water? We're going on the April 1st sailing of the Oasis and would like to take a case of water but have been told that is not allowed. Seems odd they would allow one but not the other.

Sorry to butt in with a different question but related anyway...You can bring a bottle of wine but not water? We're going on the April 1st sailing of the Oasis and would like to take a case of water but have been told that is not allowed. Seems odd they would allow one but not the other.

The rule says no water, but it's usually allowed. However, you are close to spring break, so they may enforce the rule.

Thank you for your help. I have one more question. Is the 2 bottle limitation per person or per stateroom?

The two bottle limit is per stateroom. They check this as you go through security entering the terminal. Some people have tried going through security separately from their cabin mate in order to bring two bottles each. Some have reported this works, others have reported that the security staff tries to match you up with the cabin mate to detect this.

The rule says no water, but it's usually allowed. However, you are close to spring break, so they may enforce the rule.

In early January this year, on Celebrity, we took aboard two bottles of wine, a case of water, and three 12-packs of soda. Taped our stateroom tags on the water and sodas, sent them with our luggage, and they were delivered to our stateroom. Later than the luggage, but delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was thinking of making beef jerky to bring on the ship. What's the policy as far as bringing food on board? I asked royal and they said it was ok as long as it isn't raw or need to be cooked. Anyone find this information to be true or what is your experience?

I was thinking of making beef jerky to bring on the ship. What's the policy as far as bringing food on board? I asked royal and they said it was ok as long as it isn't raw or need to be cooked. Anyone find this information to be true or what is your experience?

They don't really care much, especially if the food is in a sealed package.

We have both asked the cabin steward to leave wine glasses and we have brought the glasses from a bar on board the ship. The steward has forgotten to replenish glasses sometimes so having a couple extra glasses on hand helps.

One other suggestion is to ask for a champagne bottle ice bucket. They are larger than regular ice buckets and fit the wine bottles you want on ice better. Our steward on our most recent cruise supplied a champagne bucket after seeing we were trying to put our white wine in the smaller bucket!

Why is wine an exception while all other drinks are not allowed to be taken on board? I don't drink alcohol so forgive my ignorance, but the logic isn't there.

It's a cruise line rule, it does not have to be logical.

I always take water and Gatorade in duffel bags, never had it confiscated.