Brief Regal E. Carib. 1/21 review

psternklar

I am towards the end of this cruise, I thought I would post a brief review and thoughts. My wife and I, both 54, were on our fist Princess cruise having enjoyed Celebrity Silhouette very much. Overall this cruise was fantastic. I would recommend Princess to any Celebrity cruiser. Similar but a slightly different flavor.

Embarkation. We were Club Class but I do not think it would have made much a difference. Got to the pier around 11:30 and on the ship by 12. Staterooms were ready by 12:30.

CC Mini suite: Similar to a Celebrity balcony room, slightly more storage. Very comfortable. bath robes were great. Towels were fine. Room steward was one of the best I have had. Balcony not as tiny as I thought it would be.

Dining: CC anytime was great, never a wait. Food was very good. The CC special selection was nice but not mandatory. The host was somewhat confused at times. Wine list was nice and reasonably priced. Deserts were very good. 4 pats of butter (2 people), more available. No additional charge for extra items. The Horizon buffet was usually quite packed. IC coffee shop had nice selection for breakfast and less busy. Liked the coffee at Baccio somewhat better. Pizza was quite good, hot and tasty.

Entertainment: Similar to Celebrity, however I missed the live band for the production shows. Music around the ship was plentiful and fun.

Service: In general a step above any other cruise I have been on. Staff always smiling, not rushed. Very quick to offer to get a drink etc. The bartenders were much quicker to acknowledge you and get a drink. That was a gripe I had with Celebrity. Never a long wait at the customer service desk.

Extras: Did the wine tasting today, great deal for $25. Ultimate Ship's Tour tomorrow (last sea day), looking forward to it. Internet at $9.99 day a fair price. Usually fast.

All in all a fantastic ship with extrordinary service. We would be happy to sail Princess again if the timing and itenrary were good.

Thank you for posting! We have sailed on the Regal(11 nights) and loved it. We are mainly Celebrity cruisers, but, we were on the Crown(5 nights) earlier this month and loved it. In our minds, Princess moved to the #1 spot, and Celebrity #2. On the Crown there was a LIVE band with the Production Shows. Also, on our cruise there were a lot more live music options versus our Celebrity cruises. For some point of reference we have been on the Infinity and Reflection in the past few months.

I agree about the service, TOP NOTCH! Have you noticed there are a significant number more crew versus Celebrity crew? This was our observation. Yes, drink service wonderful. We did miss having a drink package that is normally one of our perks with Celebrity. I pre-ordered Whiskey for dh, and carried on 2 bottles of wine. In retrospect, I should have carried on MORE wine and paid the extra $15 charge.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Glad you enjoyed Princess, it seems as though a lot of Celebrity cruisers don't love Princess as much as Celebrity. As for me, I've never been on a cruise I could really complain about. The Regal does have a live band playing with the production shows, my daughter is a production singer and her boyfriend plays in the stage band and they just finished their contract with the Regal in November/December. Maybe the one newer show plays some tracks. Did you see all the production shows? Haven't tried Celebrity yet, right now we have good reason to stick to Princess but who knows what the future holds!

Glad you enjoyed Princess, it seems as though a lot of Celebrity cruisers don't love Princess as much as Celebrity. As for me, I've never been on a cruise I could really complain about. The Regal does have a live band playing with the production shows, my daughter is a production singer and her boyfriend plays in the stage band and they just finished their contract with the Regal in November/December. Maybe the one newer show plays some tracks. Did you see all the production shows? Haven't tried Celebrity yet, right now we have good reason to stick to Princess but who knows what the future holds!

Been to most shows. No live band. I agree many more staff available to assist as compared to Celebrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the Ultimate Ship Tour on the Regal last year, you are in for a treat! We loved it, very interesting

Did UST today. Great experience, I recommend it. Enjoyed all the information. Nice to see the pride in the crew.

Disembark: easiest ever. Off ship, collect bags, through customs 15 min. Well done Princess!

At what time where you appointed to walk off and at what time you actually left the ship?

Thank you!

Thank you so much for this review! Same as you, we were 54 years old and had been on a few Celebrity cruises then switched to Princess in 2015 solely because of the Itinerary. We fell in love with Princess and immediately went on a fast track to become Elite. We will be cruising Elite for the first time on May 1st. Thank you!!!!

Thank you so much for this review! Same as you, we were 54 years old and had been on a few Celebrity cruises then switched to Princess in 2015 solely because of the Itinerary. We fell in love with Princess and immediately went on a fast track to become Elite. We will be cruising Elite for the first time on May 1st. Thank you!!!!

Welcome. Already thinking about our next cruise.