Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

23 hours ago, kenns said:

I think someone else above may have mentioned this, but it looks like the Encore will have 8 hot tubs whereas Bliss has 10. This is due to loosing 2 of them with no Spice H20. I know the lack of/change of Spice is being discussed but I personally just noticed this additional change. 

As the ship is due to launch in about a year (Nov/Dec 2019) - when should we expect to hear about dining and complete deck plans?

Its still early to know for sure but its possible Spice on Encore will take the place where Bliss's Laser tag area is.  Its possible NCL will create another adults only sun area on that deck.  Then its possible for another hot tub to be placed in that area.

I have the Encore booked but am not happy about the loss of Howl at The Moon Either- it seems over time since I started going on the megaships in 2011 the music venues such as Fat Cats and Howl at the Moon that allow audience members to play on stage is dwindling. I might actually do Getaway which I think still has both.

The racetracks look fun but then I read reviews of people crashing into others and people having soot on their clothes. Regardless, I'm going on the ship as it fits my plans and schedule for Bermuda.

Spice H2o was my favorite on the Epic with the pool and then on the Breakaway it was still nice with the waterfall area, but I don't think the grotto on the Escape adds to the Spice H2o experience. Some things they should just keep.

On 12/25/2018 at 4:28 PM, HowardK said:

I have the Encore booked but am not happy about the loss of Howl at The Moon Either- it seems over time since I started going on the megaships in 2011 the music venues such as Fat Cats and Howl at the Moon that allow audience members to play on stage is dwindling. I might actually do Getaway which I think still has both.

The racetracks look fun but then I read reviews of people crashing into others and people having soot on their clothes. Regardless, I'm going on the ship as it fits my plans and schedule for Bermuda.

Spice H2o was my favorite on the Epic with the pool and then on the Breakaway it was still nice with the waterfall area, but I don't think the grotto on the Escape adds to the Spice H2o experience. Some things they should just keep.

Good point. NCL continues to take away from the Away (Plus)-Class in Bliss and Encore. Between no HATM, the potential loss of Spice (and 2 hot-tubs), and removing entertainment in the Manhattan, NCL shows a continued decreased commitment to a higher class of inclusive sailing and/or adult-only spaces (without fee) in their new Away-Plus ships. While the observation lounge is a wonderful addition, most could obviously care less unless they are in Alaska. Here's to well-wishes in NCL reimagining a wonderful Leonardo class.

29 minutes ago, willsears94 said:

Good point. NCL continues to take away from the Away (Plus)-Class in Bliss and Encore. Between no HATM, the potential loss of Spice (and 2 hot-tubs), and removing entertainment in the Manhattan, NCL shows a continued decreased commitment to a higher class of inclusive sailing and/or adult-only spaces (without fee) in their new Away-Plus ships. While the observation lounge is a wonderful addition, most could obviously care less unless they are in Alaska. Here's to well-wishes in NCL reimagining a wonderful Leonardo class.

Removing entertainment from the Manhattan Room is associated with the different lifeboat configuration. With the inboard lifeboats, Deck 7 is very narrow (including the Dining room). There was no place to put a stage and dance floor. 

On 11/28/2018 at 6:04 AM, mom23krzkidz said:

http://cruisewith.co.uk/norwegian-encore-entertainment-announced/?fbclid=IwAR0iVPFNLRx_axVkzPz0eGmUeZOlmEM70Wa1ilLYzvI5eDsT_Onov8pep9U

From Cruise with Ben and David: 

Announcements so far! Encore will have a Double Layer Race Track, Virtual Reality room, Choir or Man Show and a Water Slide that will go 11ft off the side of the ship! 

Plus... KINKY BOOTS

I just book Bermuda in June 2020. I ❤️ Choir of Man. Saw the original cast on the Escape and a couple of times on US tour. I am glad they are getting main theater show it’s a great show. Also heard great thinks about Kinky Boots. 

On 11/30/2018 at 7:17 PM, Steff79 said:

Do you think choir of man is the second free show at Theater with Kinky? Or is choir of man a pay show?

at the site with the deck plans, if you are fast there is for one seconds a third button with on board ( have the german page, don´t know the exact engl. words, at the german page the button disappear after one second ). if i go to the page i can see the entertaiment they announced. At choir of man they wrote: at the Encore theater, price Adult: 15,99/Kids10,99. But not sure if the site is correct, that´s why i wonder how they offer the show? And if choir of man will be a pay show there will be a seconde free show at theater?

They will be the 2nd free show. They are currently paid show on the escape. Which is where I first saw them. They announced they will be in the main theater on encore.  So excited for them the show is amazing. 

Karen

12 minutes ago, K922 said:

They will be the 2nd free show. They are currently paid show on the escape. Which is where I first saw them. They announced they will be in the main theater on encore.  So excited for them the show is amazing. 

Karen

How do you know the “free” part?  I only ask because the cost is currently in writing.

D2A22E7E-AE7D-499B-8C69-2ED146B2EE61.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cafedumonde said:

Is this a dinner show on Encore? Looks like a regular show.

currently on the escape it is a dinner show

They might do what they did years ago and move it to the theater similar to how for the record brat switched places on the escape when it first came out

10 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

How do you know the “free” part?  I only ask because the cost is currently in writing.

I was assuming since they were being moved to the main theater it was free.  Also when they were on the escape there show originally showed up free in the supper club but it was a mistake that was fixed.  So maybe it’s a mistake since the cruise is so far out. Either way the show is so worth it even if you have to pay.  The only reason I can think there could be a charge is they serve beer as part of the show. 

676EA7D6-BB98-46DE-B798-65D16AE09F0F.jpeg

Edited by K922