Cruise Critic Community
sueleekey

All Ama cruisers!!! Share expierences and ideas

@notamermaid posted this link in another thread, which I thought would be relevant here too as it explains AMA's policies about refunds, taking care of crew and employees, and hopes for resumption of sailing:

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/europe-could-be-cruising-july-us-big-unknown-amawaterways-schreiner

On 4/7/2020 at 4:14 PM, JohninAult said:

June cruises canceled.

59 minutes ago, vacation baby said:

Just checked on Ama web site.  All cruises are cancelled through July 31, 2020!

So they seem to be cancelling a month at a time.  It probably takes them a month to work through the paperwork.

I plan on waiting until later this year to book my cruise for next year.  Until AMA gets the go ahead to sail with regular service; I will wait.  Have a good day

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I plan on waiting until later this year to book my cruise for next year.  Until AMA gets the go ahead to sail with regular service; I will wait.  Have a good day

I'm waiting, too!

So AmaWaterways will resume 1 August, which means the maiden voyage of the AmaSiena needs to be postponed, too. Currently on the website I see her scheduled to do cruises in August and the christening ceremony is supposed to take place in August (according to an older press release). It appears the AmaSiena was successfully shipped from Serbia to Germany and I presume she is now being outfitted in the Netherlands. But it is mid-May and she is not signalling yet. It is still a good two months to go and I am confident she will be ready in time. Will keep a look out on marinetraffic and Binnenschifferforum. The guys on that German website are great at ship spotting.

notamermaid

On 5/13/2020 at 8:39 AM, notamermaid said:

So AmaWaterways will resume 1 August, which means the maiden voyage of the AmaSiena needs to be postponed, too. Currently on the website I see her scheduled to do cruises in August and the christening ceremony is supposed to take place in August (according to an older press release). It appears the AmaSiena was successfully shipped from Serbia to Germany and I presume she is now being outfitted in the Netherlands. But it is mid-May and she is not signalling yet. It is still a good two months to go and I am confident she will be ready in time. Will keep a look out on marinetraffic and Binnenschifferforum. The guys on that German website are great at ship spotting.

notamermaid

Any idea about the AMALUCIA? Planning on Rhine cruise on this new build

Carole

On 5/13/2020 at 8:39 AM, notamermaid said:

notamermaid

I am still optimistic about sailing on the AmaSiena in late October. She would have had about 12 trips under her belt, time for the little kinks to be worked out. So maybe she'll have a little less experience, I'm okay with that. I'm sure the trip will be every bit as memorable as I hope.

3 hours ago, CaroleLee said:

Any idea about the AMALUCIA? Planning on Rhine cruise on this new build

Carole

The Amalucia is only due next year, isn't she? Assuming she will be another contract for the Vahali shipyards, Twitter posts are a good thing to look at. Vahali regularly posts photographs of ships on the slipway and on "sea trials" or of the transit to the Netherlands.

notamermaid